Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: That's too bad there.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=51935&mesg_id=52037
52037, RE: That's too bad there.
Posted by Azilaph on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh, yeah, let me tell you something about that. For 10 years or so I've played this game and every time I had some dwarf call me lad I wanted to smack him over the head and kill his whole family. ESPECIALLY when, just like you, I was being called lad by someone who was much younger than my character. I hated it. HATED it. So, I decided to see what it was like to be on the other side. You know what? It's totally fun. Heh. I am sure I'd still hate being on the receiving end, but at least now I understand why people do it. Try it out with a future char, I think you'll enjoy it.

As to Daelen, Azilaph had real mixed emotions. On the one hand you were with the fortress, and from the start of the questiness the fortress made one bad decision after another (in Azilaph's view). On the other hand, you were always nice, helpful in ways you could be helpful, and were an enemy to the scions and the empire, which was something Azilaph obviously applauded. I the player though had nothing but good responses. I thought you were a well played elf ranger, and fortie. The only comment I might make was that I find most elves to be too much of the "sickly sweet" variety and not enough of the "I'm an elf, I've been around since your great great grandmother was born and I'll be hitting on your great great great granddaughter" reserve/hautiness. Just a tiny tiny bit of that from you would have been welcome. But again, that's just my personal take, no more or less valid than anyone else's. Well, other than in my mind, of course. :P

Good work and keep it up!