Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: A hard battle
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=51935&mesg_id=52034
52034, RE: A hard battle
Posted by Azilaph on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, you were consistently one of my hardest foes, outside of the bash spamming/greeting/uberprep giant sword specs. A shaman with emperor powers is my vote for the toughest character out there, outside of liches, when fighting a rager. I can't fly, obviously, so the auto trip screws you up with lag. Your sigil negates a good portion of resist. Black sanc means my melee hits are doing small damage. And of course I don't spellbane your communes. I had some good saves, but your dam redux combined with autolag to me (let alone centurions!) meant you could stay in fights long enough to get what you wanted on me. And, of course, when fights would go my way you'd just recall. So when I had you at the entrance to the village, I was pretty damn happy. And yes, I was sorry that you had so much magic equ, and I would have returned pretty much everything as per my standard with Azilaph. But there was no role-consistent way for me to not sac all the magic stuff. It's just the way it is. I hope you can understand that.

Be that as it may, I had a lot of respect for you when you'd do your hit and run on retrievals, and when you'd defend at least for some period against multiple opponents. More than a lot of players do, I know. So kudos to you. Keep it up!