Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: Something I forgot
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=51935&mesg_id=52018
52018, RE: Something I forgot
Posted by fadderth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No one enjoys losing gear, and unless there is a crash, having limited magical gear sacrificed by a Villager amounts to the same thing as having a character loot and log off.

In my numerous deaths to the Village in general and the occasional death to Azilaph in particular, unless I was fighting a group or there were vultures nearby waiting for a poncho to be created, I would get almost all non-magical gear back and the even the handful of potions that I might have within a container. And so while I avoided initiating fights with the numerous Villagers because so many of them were dwarves, dying to Azilaph did not mean that fun for Fadderth was going to come to an end that evening. I only saw a small slice of your playing time, but I am surprised that you heard any complaints regarding your gear practices.

Of those in the Village with whom I interacted, you were among my favorites. You stayed in character, you took risks, and you were a presence felt by friends and foes alike.