Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectSomething I forgot
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=51935&mesg_id=51994
51994, Something I forgot
Posted by Azilaph on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
One other thing: one unforseen drawback to the No Talking To Mages policy I had was that I couldn't tell them to come back and get their things, or tell them who looted them. And that happened a lot because... drumroll... I never full looted. Never. Not once. In fact I rarely took more than two or three things. But several times, someone else would loot before the mage got back, and the mage would see an empty corpse and just assume I'd looted/sac'd it all. I couldn't say anything to them to correct their error, so they just went on maligning me to all. That was somewhat frustrating, but mostly unavoidable.

Along the same lines, I was also somewhat annoyed by people who would complain that I sac'd the magic items. They would tell me I took everything when in fact I'd taken nothing. They just had almost entirely magical equ. A rager really doesn't have a choice, if they are actually trying to roleplay a rager. Magic items get sac'd. It bothered me when a few people would really complain about it and threaten to take all my things when they killed me (as they all threatened but only very did, of course ;P) because I'd "taken" their things, when in reality I'd returned everything possible.

There you have it.