Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Elerosse Amandil the Penitent Paladin, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=51894
51894, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Elerosse Amandil the Penitent Paladin, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Oct 26 22:12:20 2006

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Elerosse perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:159
51920, A couple I forgot!
Posted by Elerosse on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ulvraesha - You were a blast, I loved ranking with you and was always happy to find you online. I can't believe how hard I was laughing when we first started ranking and you had the skunk form, too many good jabs. Glad you took them all instride. Hope to see you around again in some form.

Windam - Man I thought we made a good pair, a good warrior and paladin can really mow through some mobs. Was fun. Also liked how well we played off each other when interacting I enjoyed it, hope you did too.
51895, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Elerosse Amandil the Penitent Paladin, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Well this character was a lot of fun for me early on, but I got a bit tired of him. I had intended to make an effort to earn the elder prophet position thinking that would rejuvinate my interest a bit but just didn't get motivated and decided it was better to just move on, already playing something new :P. This was my first Scribe/Acolyte and first hero in over six months, I rolled him actually to get involved in the questy stuff which I did right at the tail end. That was a blast, and I would like to thank all the IMM's involved as it was one of my best times playing this game.

I would like to say that shield paladins are not really to my liking, there just is not enough options. Even with two virtues I felt my best choice was wrath spam for most pk fights. This was moderately successful but very boring.

Corrlaan - This was my first successful character empowered by you. I have had a couple others but no one that passed level 30. Thank you for the opportunity I did enjoy it, though I wish I had the resolve to play a character to age death. I think I would have been able to get into the religion more that way. Getting your tat was the only "goal" I had for this character that I did not achieve, though I knew that was a long shot. Any advice/criticism you might have on what I did or could have done to be a better follower or Acolyte would be appreciated. For some reason I tend to lose prespective on Imm religions the long I play a follower :P

Rest of the IMM/IMP thanks again for a great game! :)

Goodbyes:

IMM that controled the mob at the Inn that dueled me in the brawling room. That was cool, though I felt a little clueless not knowing if something had been said proir to the fight as to why you were there. Either way was a lot of random fun, out of the blue type interaction like that def. makes CF more enjoyable. So I thank you.

IMM that titled me after the hell trip to get the item for the end of the quest. Loved that title, Grieving Sinner, that sparked a lot of interactions from random players who were curious about it so thanks for noticing that little bit a rp, it seriously was my favorite thing that happened to this character.

Fortress - Well there was a lot of you this time around, I don't think there was anyone person that Elerosse did not like.

Lauraine - Thanks for always being willing to chat, and often starting up the conversation. Was a lot fun and Elerosse did look up to you as not only a leader but a teacher. I enjoyed the dynamic.

Nimloth - Sorry I missed or will miss the festival, that night we chatted about the maiden was a lot of fun. It sucks it was so late for me at least I was about to log off when we first started talking but you held my interest for at least another hour, just wish I had been awake enough to contribute more.

Grahmgin - I liked you a lot since the first time we bumped into each other at Corrlaan's shrine. Guess neither of us lasted very long though.

Ethelle - You were a lot of fun, seemed pretty new but looked like you were picking it up quick (I might be wrong just what I thought) Anyway hope you are enjoying it!

Soleric - You cracked me up! Keeper of the Keys! I couldn't resist putting every damn key I found in the chest. Don't get too bored now, I need some haste loving when I get to hero again! :P

Seonex - I liked ranking up with you, you seemed to be a more independant squire/maran which I admired.

Myala - You were enjoyable to hang around with though I wish we could have spent more time together.

I know I missed a lot of you but my brain turns to mush when I write these, please respond and I will.

Heralds

Valkran - That game of Heros was a lot of fun, though I had a feeling I was gonna get the short end of the stick no matter how I played the cards. But either way nicely done.

Meora - Was cute you trying to teach me to tap dance :P

Enemies

Draktel - Your cool, I'm not sure how you keep on keeping on but glad you do. You seemed to take it hard though if you got killed by more then one person, wish you didn't seems like a role you forced on yourself with your religion, which I know sucks I've been there but can't hardly expect your enemies to hold the same values. But either way I enjoyed our solo fights even though it was just a matter of who landed the dispel and got off some damage forcing the other guy had to flee. Hang in there though you seem to have some support coming up.

Krag..dread lady - Beast. The only time I think I was actually upset OOC with elerosse when you looted my shield of pure light. Man it sucks when someone holds gear like that I think I killed that mob 2-3 times every log in just in case, ever since that day. :P But, not knocking you for it just saying it sucks.

Nefla - I enjoyed fighting you as I wasn't often worried about dying unless I screwed up, but on the same hand the only time I ever landed a kill was with help. You seemed to show with lots of enemies and that was impressive.

Not to many others that I fought often, I tired to play Elerosse as nice as possible, never looting etc. I only took coins from my first kill after that nothing. Was happy to see a reasonanle amount of that type of play returned to me as well.

I know I missed a bunch please post and I'll respond.

Any criticism is also welcome as long as it is not just a flame :P

Elerosse
51897, Thanks for taking the time with me (stxt)
Posted by Elf Muter App on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You seemed like a well played Acolyte =)

- Elf Transmuter Applicant
51915, Thanks for the compliment :)
Like I said this was my first scribe/acolyte so I was working to figure it out as I went. I'm glad to here that you thought that I did a good job. Hope you get in or got in and enjoy it.
51898, Playing a shield dedicant is like buying a sportscar with an automatic
Posted by Theerkla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You can do it, it just isn't nearly as much fun, nor as much work, as the alternative.
51916, I like the analogy :)
I've played them before but never to hero, just don't think I'll do it again.
51899, Elerosse!
Posted by Soleric on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Hero Range again?

Are you close?

Anyhow mate, Elerosse was cool! It was a pleasure to be around you and I was hoping to get into your range faster so we could go run around together and all that stuff. When I first met you, I thought you were another serious grim elf paladin, but I think Soleric brings out alot of peoples lighter sides. And man, did we have some funny moments! Awesome character, hope to see you again soon.

Soleric

p.s Thanks for the Keys... I reckon I was carrying around a sack with about 35 in it one day. The chest was stuffed full!
51926, RE: Elerosse!
You did bring that out, a couple people saw that I think, but I did try to be serious most of the time :P
51900, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Elerosse Amandil the Penitent Paladin, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Kharghurln on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, I felt sorta bad about keeping that shield, but it is just too damn good to be left in the hands of a well-played shield ded pally, so I held on to it for a while. I was going to try to find a way to get that soul taken out of the shield and stuck in my Unholy, but the Fort came and ruined those plans a few days later! I thought you were a tough fighter, and shield ded's may be slightly more boring than 2H ded, but they're a heck of a lot harder to kill. I was actually pretty proud of myself for getting you that one time at the Fortress, you were tough!
51914, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Elerosse Amandil the Penitent Paladin, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
You mentioned you were trying to do that, and I thought that was cool, just wish you did it earlier and sac'd the shield :P Anyway, I am impressed you've stuck to her so long.
51903, I enjoyed your character.
Posted by Daelen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well it was fun when you were around. :) Best of luck with your next one.
51910, See I always miss people.
I really liked having you around we didn't run around together much but you sure made defending a whole lot more interesting. I think you play a solid ranger.
51904, You'll be missed.
Posted by Elleinia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a constant force in my earlier years - and I missed not seeing you the past few weeks.

Sorry you weren't having as much fun as you could have - wish I could have helped.
51913, I really enjoyed your character
I wish we had, had more time to work together. Your playtimes I think are much shorter then mine so I ranked away from you pretty quick and by the time you did get back in range I was already getting tired of Elerosse. I did enjoy traveling around with you and often looked for ways to get a group together that I could assist you with. You did make it more fun for me so don't worry about that! :)
51906, Thanks, I enjoyed your character too
Posted by Seonex on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had a lot of fun. Wish you could have stayed around longer.

I would have put you forward as one of the better candidates for a leader position too. Ah well. See you in the fields.
51917, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Elerosse Amandil the Penitent Paladin, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Astinax on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Elerosse,

Thought you were a very well played character and thoroughly enjoyed our interactions in and out of the Fortress. Must admit that I really had no idea what was going on at first in that game of heroes, but it was a lot of fun playing against you.

Good luck with your next.

Astinax
51918, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Elerosse Amandil the Penitent Paladin, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Well that makes two of us! Glad you had fun as well. I liked you as well, thought you played a good dwarf.
51928, Well played
Posted by Corrlaan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A good character all around. Very well played role and dedication to one's purpose. Unfortunately yes, to be a VERY purposeful person and follow one's path. You have to not get bored! So a tat would not have been entirely out of the realm of possibility if you would have stuck around.

Btw I was the one who titled you after the Hell trip. Fort was en fuego that night and everyone was getting a little sumthin sumthin so Im glad you liked yours. It was only fitting the way you played it out.

Glad you enjoyed the religion, and the character as long as you did. Enjoy your next!

51932, Thanks!
I appreicate hearing that. :)

I tried creating a bunch of different goals for the character to try and meet as a way to stick it out but damned if I didn't seem to race right through those. I figured these would take me at least 200+ hours but everything came quickly, not to say I would have played longer if they had not.

Goals:
1. Hero
2. Get lastname
3. Become scribe/Get promoted to Acolyte
4. Get 2 virtues