Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Jeir Govanion the Paradigm of Judgement
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=51405
51405, (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Jeir Govanion the Paradigm of Judgement
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Oct 4 22:41:18 2006

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Jeir perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:273
51406, RE: (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Jeir Govanion the Paradigm of Judgement
Posted by Igsoeh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And down he goes. I can't believe I didn't get away from you Uthenathien. Maybe I missed my sanc again, heh. Well, I'd have to say that was a lot of fun. First time I've ever had an empowered char past about 25 or so. I really enjoy the paladin roleplay, and as I explored around, I just found so many more angles, I'll probably try another one, but I think I'm headed back to the village and some evilness for one or two first. I rolled him up to be a paladin first, and a trib second. I tried to always stick to the code, except of course when it came to goodie criminals, and Orau, who Jeir thought was a betrayer to the light and didn't deserve his exalted lightness. I also rolled him up to be as peaceful as possible, but, powerful Outlanders and wars with the village just kind of shot that whole thing straight down the tube. At first, Jeir didn't really mind the outlanders, just sort of saw them as misguided and tried to leave them be as much as possible. But, they just wouldn't give up, and as he got older, his nobleman snobbiness came into play and he viewed them as peasants, no good to society, and well beneath his lofty nobleness. As for the village, he quickly lost respect for them as well with the whole warmongering, as he lovingly referred to them. "Barbarians and peasants, what can you expect?" *grunt*. I don't think I ever really got a grasp on Dalteric's religion, I think I was getting there, but never quite got it. If you check this still Dalteric, lemme know how I did please. After he left, I shifted to a more Voralian-centric role, I wanted to get way more involved in the Order, and was gonna write more notes and stuff about being a paladin and what not, but I just never got around to it with the whole questiness going on. Which, I might say, is what turned out to define this character, Amaranthe, and whoever else is running this quest, you guys are doing an AWESOME job. I just want to know a little bit more about miss violet eyes and the fire, if you can tell me that is. So, the angle I was going for was a noblemen, paladin code first type of guy, let me know what you think.

Dalteric: Cool religion, not usually my style, but it made me think, thanks for the good interaction. By the way, I totally knew you were Astein.....

All the others, particularly Lady Voralia, Amaranthe, and all the questy imms: You guys are doing an amazing job as usual, I had planned to do more with my free time besides CF, then this character came along, and all I could do was hurry home to play CF, an amazing job once again.

Amariele: Good times, wish our times would have overlapped better, sorry for running off before the wedding!! Jeir liked you from day one, but his "love" was different from normal love. You'll see a bit why when my PBF goes up. Great character, good luck.

Spenner: Man, good buddies, then the Consortium comes along, and we just slowly grew apart. Good char, thanks for the recommendation. Wish things would have worked out different but hey, Jeir was a paladin, and thought you were leaning a little too far to the evil side of the scale. Good luck.

Landren: Always enjoyed our talks, like I said in your goodbye, great char, good luck on the next.

Kiamae: Welp, now I'm dead, let me in on the secret!!! Good job again, good luck on the next.

Linolaques: Not sure how to classify you, Jeir obviously didn't like you, being evil and all, you seemed to have good RP, but how on earth does someone who level sit that long get made Provost. Like I said, I don't know the circumstances, maybe you have miserable luck with groups, maybe you're a solo ranker, who knows, but that just blew me away. But, very well roleplayed in any case, so in that department I give mad props.

Nysrogh: Absolutely great roleplay, like I said, good times. First Aelisoc, now Jeir, just can't seem to get on the same side huh? Well done and good luck on the next.

Gistle: You bad ####er. I said enough in your goodbye, great job RP and PK. Good luck with the next.

Itholin: Great job, good times, that Hamsah incident with the angel and you attacking Nefla is what gave Spenner and Lino a chance to knock me down, but oh well, I enjoyed the interactions and thanks for the ranking help.

Lauraine: Thank you so much for the ranking help. Thanks for the great interactions as well. Great char and good luck.

Eacer: Good times, just like with Aelisoc, except this time we were a bit better friends. I've got that trust hell knowledge stored away in my brain now too, thanks. But that's the last time I follow four gnomes into ANYWHERE. Yeesh!! That was a lot of fun though, and you continue to impress, sorry about your spoon!!

Orau: Good fights, Jeir was REALLY mad at you for your "evil" actions. Way to stick it out though, and it seems like you roleplayed the event out well. Good char and good luck.

Nefla: Damn you!!! Great fights, good tough shifter. Never had much interaction besides always fighting. Cobra is an awesome form. You just need a tiny bit more balls, I would have con-died a long time ago if you did. Good job and good luck.

Krynna: You're no Nreisshe, but you're tough in your own right, good fights. Good char and good luck.

Arghuz: Good fights, but don't yell that I'm scared evertyime and then run away when I paddle you. Good job and good luck.

Rektath: I enjoyed the interactions and of course I enjoy seeing you being a succesful and well played villager, being Aelisoc's only recommendation and all. Great char, good fights, good luck.

Uthenathien: Great fights, you were the only villager, besides Merrwyn for some of the time, that I went into the fight thinking, alright, I KNOW I can beat this guy. Wrath sucks for a drow, no two ways about it. Good job though, and hey, you got me back in the end, cause now I'm dead. Good char and good luck.

Merrwyn: Jeir was gonna try to be nice, but hey, you were just too bloodthirsty. For a while, I could do well against you, then I think you figured out martial trance? Well, after that, I just got my ass kicked. Goor char and good luck.

Maggurdar: Bet you thought I forgot you hmm? Good times buddy, wish you would have been around more. Thanks for helping me rank. Good char and good luck with whatever's next with you.

Eoal: Are you a little bit new? If not, you seem new to the Conjie class. Good roleplay though, I always enjoyed our interactions and I hope you don't get too shaken up with the new Provost in town. Good job and good luck.

Fadderth: Great job, I always enjoyed our interaction, keep being a good fortie! Good job and good luck.

Kotnem and Marigue: Great fort rangers, we never fought much together, but the interactions were always good. I get a balls to the wall feel from Kotnem, not so much from Marigue, but like I said, we didn't fight together too much.

Chokiare: Great interactions, that talking with Myshrai was particularly enjoyable, including our talk up to that point. Things didn't quite turn out the way we wanted them to eh? Don't be so damned chaotic!!! Heh. Good job and good luck.

Shangar: Seem to do a good job, just show up more. Our limited interactions were fun, I love good vs. evil cabal chat. Good job and good luck.

Zhaltum: Boy, you just always whipped my ass, but I couldn't just stand there next to you. Great job good luck.

Yuvralin: Great interactions, not so much on the fights, I just always got steamrolled by you. Through sanc you would just lay a mean smackdown, I was absolutely helpless. From what I saw, excellent commander, good luck with the rest of your time.

I know I'm forgetting people, I'm sorry, just holler at me. Once again, expect my PK to be less than mediocre, but I'm just junk when it comes to preps. I need to just stick to villagers. Once again, thanks for the great time, I will definetly explore the angles of Paladin RP again, just sooo much out there. Oh, he was also supposed to be a bit "holier-than-thou" if that came through and pissed you off. Good. That is always the way I have thought paladins should be and thats what I was going for. Welp, time to get some food and come up with a good new role. Thanks everyone.
51408, Well done
Posted by Arghuz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good job. I met you with two chars. And you learned much about class.

And about my yelling :) , well its a part of my rp *wink*.

See you in the fields.
51409, The good and the bad.
Posted by Spenner on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The good.

Without giving too much away since I'm still around, I really dug Jeir, more at first than towards the end. You were always willing to be talked into whatever hare brained thing I wanted to do, and you were always doing what you thought was right.

The bad.

There were more than a few times that you REALLY dropped the ball Tribunal wise. It seemed to happen more with Fortress types, so I'm inclined to think role more than incompetant. That time in Hamsah was when Spenner decided to start doing subtle (and a few not so subtle) things to mess with you.

All in all a really good character, and you were doing a LOT better towards the end combat wise. Good luck with the next.
51412, Heh
Posted by Krynna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would absolutely HATE to be an exact copy of Nrei. So I fight in cities a lot, yes. That's how I see NightREAVER.

Anyways, we had some good fights. If you remember this fight in Arkham, the only reason I decided to retreat there was the fact that I saw Palmer on 'where', and so I figured out that whoever stays there longer will die a painful death. And ta-da! In like 3 minutes after my escape you are a ghost :) For the record, you was blind and didn't know that.

Too bad neither of us managed to seal the kill in any fight.
51413, Few more goodbyes
Etwen: How could I forget Miss Yerdhem?!?!? Great interactions, Jeir probably would have proposed to you instead of Amariele, but you up and deleted. Great char, good luck with what's next.

Nebbelrud: Good times, but man was I pissed those two times you worded me. After that, and the Gistle slowing debacle, I turned off trust everything, group, cabal, etc. Good arguments, good times fighting against Nyastern.

Valkran: Thanks for being a good heroes dealer, good times buddy. Keep an eye on Jeir's lady for him, she'd better not get hurt. Heh. Good job and good luck.

Meora: You'll get the hang of heroes sooner or later!! Well roleplayed, except for the whole Valkran-Meora "thing". Not real sure what that would look like.

Rhaika: Good interactions, thanks for looking around with me and Eacer the other night, sorry I wasn't more into it, I was dog tired for some reason.

Farigno: Thanks a bunch for the talks. You helped the transition of the character well. I hope you end up with a religion, I'll be your first Paladin!!!

Lucury: Enjoyed our interactions, you were definetly a friend to Jeir. Good char and good luck.

Letsa: Good job, except for the "in-and-outs". Enjoyed our interactions. Good char and good luck.

Altin/Som: I didn't really see Som fight, but after fighting Altin only once, I am sure you did more than just kick some ass. Altin was a BEAST, way tougher thab Brulgor or Morior, and they were pretty damn tough. Enjoyed our banter on the CB, if Jeir had ever been made Provost, you are one evil that would not have had major repurcussions, I just kind of found myself liking you. Shangar would've been safe too I think, and maybe Mextez, other than that, he was gonna be mean to the evils, which I think is a good thing he was never Provost, don't wanna #### with people's fun sticks too much.

Mextez: Hang in there pal, and gain some ranks!!! Heh, good job, and man do I HATE mino speech, but I really wanna play one some day, so right before you delete, be sure to let me and only me know. *wink* *wink* Good job and good luck.

Alright, I'm sure I'm still forgeting people, just yell and stuff.
51414, I didn't even get a grumble?!
Posted by Eacer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I hate to see this happen. Jeir was a great character and I enjoyed the interaction. Yeah, following four gnomes...you're just asking for trouble. I still get a kick out of the comments to the second. Gnomes flying into battle! Anyways, I can't wait to see what's instore for your next. Good luck!
51415, You cracked me up at times.
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just because you are a paladin doesn't mean you can't use flee as a tactical solution. I can't remember the last time I saw a Faith/Temperace paladin con die. Kudos for sticking it out. As for those questy deaths that you took, it's never my intention to actually kill a mortal. But, it would be pretty crappy if an ancient bear/etc. asked you to flee. But, I was shaking my head at the screen every time I wound up killing you.

Glad you enjoyed the run and good luck on the next.
51445, RE: You cracked me up at times.
Hey I used flee.....some..times... Yeah, the thing with the bear was more Orau jumping in than anything, I was trying to get a feel for how the whole incident would go when that sneaky bastard lashed me. Next thing you know..Damn, one more death to go. Thanks again for the great game and questiness.
51417, Fun... frustrating... good paladin.
Posted by Nefla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nothing but respect for you... Though it was insanely frustrating trying to actually land a kill on you...

"Nefla: Damn you!!! Great fights, good tough shifter. Never had much interaction besides always fighting. Cobra is an awesome form. You just need a tiny bit more balls, I would have con-died a long time ago if you did. Good job and good luck."

Cobra is awesome, but I curious how you think I could have landed any more kills on you had I "more balls".
51443, RE: Fun... frustrating... good paladin.
More than a handful of times you would flee at gushing right when I was running out of mana/hps etc, I just thought that if you stuck around more you would seal more kills. I rarely ever fought you to writhing, because you would always retreat and regroup before that, I say stick it out, but then again, I've con died pretty much all my characters soooo....
51418, RE: (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Jeir Govanion the Paradigm of Judgement
Posted by Orau on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks Jeir. You were my favorite enemy. Even though you won almost every fight. And even though you were a lightwalker. After that whole "incident", I as a player had a connection to Jeir, and everytime I saw him on, I wanted to run fight you, just because it seemed most fun. I tried to focus on evils, but it just seemed way more fun, to find you, even though I knew I was looking to get my butt kicked. Counterstrike sucks, I hate it. Flamestrike too. Bleh. Good job Jeir, maybe I'll see you around in another incarnation.

P.S. It never seemed like you died much to me. This is a big surprise.
51419, RE: (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Jeir Govanion the Paradigm of Judgement
Posted by Amariele on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see you go. You were a breath of fresh air. Had to laugh at all your grunting and "peasant" comments. Would have liked to get more in depth with the characters, but we never really had much to talk about. They were very different people with very different goals, but it was still enjoyable. I'll miss seeing you around.
51421, I enjoyed fighting you
Posted by Morior on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Forsaken thoughts and daggers, the fact that you were level 44 or so when I deleted, and the fact that you never had fly potions made me feel like a bully picking on a little kid. If you were flying you would have gotten away so many times. Fly potions are key. Seriously.
51422, Heck of a fight in Voralian that time.
Posted by Shadowmaster on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed it, seems we are on opposite ends a lot. First Aelisoc v. Xoregh, then Narguth v. Jeir. Well done and good luck with the next.
51424, Hah!
Posted by Gistle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I knew you'd go out with a con death. No way Jeir was going to let the fiends run around without a fight! Great character, I had a blast fighting you and following you around trying to snoop on your groups (although it was hard with your virtue). I'm glad you had fun as well...it's never my intention to ruin someone's day, so I'm glad we were able to mix it up with no hard feelings.

Good luck on your next.
51430, RE: (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Jeir Govanion the Paradigm of Judgement
Posted by Rektath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Decent character. For some reason, I had the impression that you weren't a pk machine. There's just something that you lack (besides keeping up your spells and stuff). In any case I always have a soft spot for paladins. That's why I was sending all those tells to you regarding the spire. Too bad they didn't really pan out.

Overall, not the best pker, but a good character.

Kudos.
51433, RE: (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Jeir Govanion the Paradigm of Judgement
Posted by Linolaques on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, Jeir provided a very necessary point of conflict for my character and I'm sad to see him go even if it does relieve me of a bit of pressure ;)

Thanks for your comments regarding my rp. As for level-sitting, I've really been trying not to do it--I have heroes in my range now as it is. I've had a terrible connection for quite some time that the Imms have been aware of and that, plus some restrictions regarding ranking, have made it nearly impossible to rank. I probably mob-died 5 times trying to get to level 43 from a bad link. Last time we interacted, I lost link at least 4 times, which unfortunately left me with a bad feeling because I knew we could have had a much more exciting fight if it hadn't just been you acting/speaking.

Did you try for a Con quest? At any rate, excellent job with the character, especially after your god died.
51444, RE: (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Jeir Govanion the Paradigm of Judgement
I thought about a con quest, but I didn't want to get greedy, I got alot of goodies from the imms for quests, and even a few con points during those quests because as Lyrestion pointed out, I have an issue with the flee command. That and a couple of times mobs just kept attacking me when I showed up to get my stuff.
51442, RE: (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Jeir Govanion the Paradigm of Judgement
Posted by Delthyneo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow, all the people I would RP and spend time with are keeling over. First junim and now you. Well, Thanks for the support jeir gave to delthyneo. I was actually aiming to use you as my link to the tribunal since I couldn't actually be in it as a wood elf. But they were the closest thing to allies he might have had based on his justice based path which im still working on. Anyway, lookin forward to your next char whoever it might be. And once again thanks for the support and the little bit of time you gave me to just sit and chat about my chars goals.
51446, RE: (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Jeir Govanion the Paradigm of Judgement
Posted by Lucury on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'd say something more, but I think I'd save that for until after I die/delete. But I have to say, it sucks that you're gone, especially after that last few happenings (keep it hush-hush for now). That's that, I guess, until I'm gone.
51448, RE: (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Jeir Govanion the Paradigm of Judgement
Posted by Fadderth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tribunal paladins often seem forget they are good, but didn't. Unfortunate you seem to die very quickly, which explains con death. It is bad losing friend that is you, there go my Trib contact.

Bon appetit!