Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Nishan the Warden of the Winds
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=51402
51402, (DELETED) [None] Nishan the Warden of the Winds
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Oct 4 19:56:35 2006

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Nishan perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:45
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:75
51403, buh bye
Posted by Nishan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Everything got too repetative and I was starting to get whiney. Rangers are nasty if you don't play them like a warrior. I barely ever lost any fights in the wilderness even outside of my hometerrain and the ones I did lose were because I dediced not to use up my preps. Even out of the wilderness with very basic preps I was able to handle really any non-villager.

a few comments on marshdwellers is that perhaps lower the threshhold for some of their bonuses because in my entire char life I had exactly one fight that occured in hometerrain and there is so much coolness to their bonuses that it feels waster. Also my staff prog never went off once ever in pk, ever, and I fought a fair amount thats the rng either hating me or their being different rates vs pc or mobs.

good-byes

Krynna: we were semi kinda allies in the sense that neither of us was ready to make the other an enemy. Though I was planning on gunning for you as soon as I heroed I didn't want to go into the battle with you having so much ranger support and level difference. Our limited interactions were fun.

Baan: You would have never stood a chance even with final forms. Rangers get winderness fam bonuses on shifters in form even out of the wilderness and I always had preps to the #### if you starting preping as well.

Myrnessa: Finally won a fight against me, best way to fight a ranger is to focus on out of combat damage, your not gonna bash down a felar ranger in the wilds unless they start at writhing.

Cyradia: Never found you, again, this is my second attempt at a cyradia ranger and second time I have failed to get in contact with you over an entire chars life. Your religion looks cool I just hope that someday i might get to experience it.

just a request though, for cloud of wasps vs mobs can you reduce the chances of getting hit by it? I mean in pvp battle thats cool and all because of the general length of battles but wasps biggest usefullness against mobs is when fighting groups of them to slow them. The change has crippled that tactic severely since mobs live for so much longer you end up taking tons of damage from the wasps.
51411, Heh
Posted by Krynna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I strongly suspected that I will be attacked as soon as you catch me hurt or unprepared (I still don't understand why you didn't attack me in the void when I was damn hurt from village raid ;). So yeah, it wouldn't be a huge surprise.

Thank you for making some dirty work for me (which I couldn't do directly). We both know what I mean but I won't give detais until I am dead :).
51416, hey
Posted by nishan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were not that hurt, and as a swamp/beastmaster I had zero lag abilities. Though when I asked you to accompany me to a certain place i was counting on you to make some mistakes and that was where I was hoping to catch you with your pants down, I figured it would be a fair trade in terms of my knowledge for those claw extensions I checked for so many dozens of times.
51434, I can't believe you got me in Galadon that one time
Posted by Seonex on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
while you were hurled, arteried, hamstrung, you proceeded to outmelee me and my polearm at the altar?

I stared at my screen for about ten seconds in disbelief. =(
51450, that is the power of gear and prep knowledge
Posted by nishan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Plus keep in mind that even outside of the wilds rangers have the same tanking abilities as assassins (minus martial trance). Couple that with use of stoneskin, protection, shield, and some nifty damage preps and I had no fear of out tanking a low number of attack low damage, low hp, warrior.

The bleeding killed me the one time btw after i got really hurt by a mob.

and having a less then 7 pound weapon ment str loss just prevents you from getting hit by my spear/staff prog (which ironically never went off in pk ever anyway)

With your particular combo my advice is to let chargeset work down people who are stronger in melee then you. Throw out a lil bleeding and keep running a few steps but not very far. If they really want to kill you they will chase after and take a few sets hopefully dropping them down to I would say 60% or just before gushing. Then I would whip off a quick str drop and stab. This way you might get a full round of melee when they loose weapons as well as some damage dropping them significantly. If they survive that onslaught to flee bleeding might take them down. also as a your combo i would invest in basic stoneskin and light healing preps, if you don't know where to find them i am positive some people in your cabal can point you in the right direction.
51437, RE: buh bye
Posted by Myrnessa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I prepped out the behind for that fight, which is the only reason I won. I figured that you'd won so many times that you wouldn't bother wasting preps on me, so yeah...

In previous fights, I would have thought that a polearm would hit you more, but no. It was frustrating, but I know felar are awesome rangers.

Good luck with your next!
51440, I agree on the marshdwelling
Posted by Anon-ranger on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Its so amazing to fight there, but catching someone in a swamp is painfully near impossible. Especially after they've fought and died there once!