Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Legressil the Proud, Forsaker of All for Elvenkind
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=50993
50993, (DELETED) [None] Legressil the Proud, Forsaker of All for Elvenkind
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Sep 18 10:14:18 2006

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Legressil perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:286
51407, RE: (DELETED) [None] Legressil the Proud, Forsaker of All for Elvenkind
Posted by Kraenesk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wasnt leggressil a druid a long time ago, around the time of the origional kraenesk?
51256, I liked the character (from Gerandiel)
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Legressil didn't feel cookie-cutter to me, but I did feel a lot safer having him around. I enjoyed hanging out with you whether it was chatting or fighting.

I was Klahach too before though. hehe. The orc you got annoyed with for trying to offhand grapple your staff of wonders. But then, I couldn't manage to achieve much else so I had to be content with small victories.
51141, RE: (DELETED) [None] Legressil the Proud, Forsaker of All for Elvenkind
Posted by Legressil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Okay, so I hardly ever do forums. Here is an attempt:

I liked the role, for the mostpart, it was... difficult, at times. Most people didn't seem to understand what was truly going on. I almost never play goodies, so if I didn't have appropriate goodie rp, I appologize. However, I do believe that regardless of if I came across as a goodie or not, I stuck to my role. Now, as far as the role aspect... well, all my priest's roles in the past have been... somewhat vague. I find it enjoyable to enteract with one's god, etc., in order to develop the character, ESPECIALLY since I've never played a follower of Guerric, I was looking for a bit of guidence which never seemed to come. 286 hours and not a single conversation with your god is... rough for a priest, at best.

Question: What is the issue with Aarn that I saw on the boards? I killed him? ;P That is what it seemed to look like.

Now then, I suppose it is time for goodbyes and the like:

Lauraine: Legressil's best friend, and I truly believe the only real reason he remained good aligned. Thank you for all the time you gave me, and the advice. Like I said, I almost never play goodies, and NEVER fort-types, so I did have alot to learn. Being part of a religion of pride, however, it was very difficult for me to admit I was wrong or didn't know, however, so you were very helpful to me in that.

Teylauna: Lots of fun, interesting aspects you brought into things, good luck with your next.

Lucan: One of probably three non-elves Legressil cared for much at all. It was always a pleasure to talk to you, since you were not determined to be offended with snide remarks I felt obliged to make.

Archon Lord: Thank you for the time you spent with me, as one who was not of your religion. It made up for the hole in Guerric's absense somewhat, and your advice and time was always appreciated.

Fort Imms: Didn't interact with most of you much, but thanks for the shot, I suppose. I just didn't feel that it was worthy of the role to 'try to make it work out in the fort.' Seemed doomed to failure, but I never planned to be part of the fort anyhow, I was sort of convinced to join. ;P

Auenna: Was nice talking to someone who at least seemed to have an idea behind the role I was playing. Hard to play a lofty aloof elf when most of the elves don't seem to understand that. Was a plesant change. You played an elf the way I imagine them far more than any others I interacted with (no offense anyone, I just see elves as more haughty and aloof than most people seem to).

Dynstai: You don't know how close I came to going berserk when you yelled at me for helping in the fort. I was really hard-pressed to understand your point there for a bit, but I think it turned out well enough.

Beggars: Always got the worst of the tonguelashings, especially non-elvish ones. No offense, personally.

Amarielle: Enjoyed our talks, wish our log times would have been more similiar.

Others: Please post and I'll try to respond, just way too many to count, and honestly, been about three weeks since I played this character so spellings of names is beyond me, and I wouldn't want to confuse or offend.

P.S. Deleted because of a combination of being gone for two or three weeks and hoard code leaving me naked, as well as having no immteraction and not seeing any real reason to regear for more silence.

P.P.S. Thanks for picking up my pf, if I knew who you were I'd offer to return the favor.

P.P.P.S. I'll probably continue later, and address any direct questions or anything. I can be reached at Valrow22@yahoo.com with any other questions.

P.P.P.P.S. Can someone please explain the trans to the dracolich now?
51224, RE: (DELETED) [None] Legressil the Proud, Forsaker of A...
Posted by Landren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We didn't interact *that* much, but when we did it was very poignant. I seemed to receive the more arrogant and abrassive elf than just haughty, but that likely had something to do with me being a human and having done what I did. I have to ask, during our conversation you said that you might have to reconsider somethings yourself. I can only assume that was that you were reconsidering attempting to become a squire (I had heard rumors that you were looking to pursue that). Am I right?
51042, RE: (DELETED) [None] Legressil the Proud, Forsaker of All for Elvenkind
Posted by Meyrshal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man, I actually really dug this character. Just wish you had more to say than, well, nothing.
51026, Just had lots of girls lined up!
Posted by Tey on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked you from the start. I think I met you when I was like level 15, and you helped me so much after we talked that first time. I haven't played at all since I deleted Teylauna, but I hope when I come back to CF that I'll see you in the fields. Take care.
51025, I loved you.
Posted by Auenna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
both IC and OOC and we had something common. Sad part that my hunger for powers stopped me to go so far as you did.
51038, In soviet russia, elf loves you! (nt)
Posted by Cen__ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
51021, Counter to what everone else said (txt)
Posted by Nightwiggler on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked your char both IC and OOC.

Lucan had a role thing about looking up to stormgiants/elves for having pure goodly blood, etc, and the first interaction we had I mentioned something about Legressil's blessed blood. He was always damned nice to Lucan. :)

I heard all sorts of bad things about you IC, and I understand why people disliked you, but I have to give you mad props for choosing a role and sticking to it.
51012, I got your pbf
Posted by A2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I just had to see the role that allowed you to remain not only good but empowered.
51014, I'm sure this will be chock full of controversy:
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is the previously-unnamed character that killed Aarn. :P
51015, God help me, but I feel vindicated.
Posted by Shadowmaster on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Since I have nothing positive to say about this character either, I feel like Aarn and me were in agreement.

Since I have nothing else to say about the character, I'll shut up now.
51016, RE: God help me, but I feel vindicated.
Thats why I picked it up, to see if there was anything in there that might change my mind or if there was some perspective I was missing. I highly doubt it, but I'm willing to wait and see. Either way $5 for CF right? Yay for that.
51017, And on that note...
I'll toss in my opinion.

Legressil's role, as I understood it, was sort of a "defender of the elves at all costs" kind of thing. Is that a good-aligned role? Hard to say... it sure walked the line at times.

I found Legressil to be abrasive/unlikeable as hell. I didn't think he should be a scribe/acolyte (though I didn't agree with the reasons for his ejection, either). The role isn't one I would pick.

But, for all of that, someone who seemed to put effort into playing the aforementioned role. Not my favorite character by a longshot, but also not the worst around by a fair margin. I watched this guy for a few hours, trying to decide if he was as bad as some thought, and ultimately my verdict was that while I personally disliked the character, that isn't a good reason to continually crack down on someone if that dislike isn't because they're not trying to RP, because they're cheating, or whatever. It'd be better to spend our time either punishing bigger choads or trying to do cool things for outstanding characters.
51019, Obligatory agreement and thanks.
Posted by Shadowmaster on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"ultimately my verdict was that while I personally disliked the character, that isn't a good reason to continually crack down on someone if that dislike isn't because they're not trying to RP, because they're cheating, or whatever. It'd be better to spend our time either punishing bigger choads or trying to do cool things for outstanding characters."

This statement here is why I have utmost faith in the current staff, where in the past I may not have. Thanks for working hard, to all of you folks.
51064, I'll leave most of this alone for now
Needless to say I'm not surprised at the omissions in the imm comments. However, I really wonder what you based your "verdict" on. As I always thought you to be one of the staff members who would like to see empowered characters especially playing their alignment, and to not only let this one go but to back it vocally.

I'm not saying its not a valid role, but it was a neutral character.
51067, RE: I'll leave most of this alone for now
>Needless to say I'm not surprised at the omissions in the imm
>comments.

Omissions being, what? There isn't anything there edited out.

>However, I really wonder what you based your
>"verdict" on.

I spent a few hours watching the character. He didn't seem especially neutral to me during that period. A jackass to most of the people he dealt with, yes.

>As I always thought you to be one of the staff
>members who would like to see empowered characters especially
>playing their alignment, and to not only let this one go but
>to back it vocally.
>
>I'm not saying its not a valid role, but it was a neutral
>character.

We apparently saw some different things, but it's not like it isn't obvious just from the comments in this thread that some people had great/favorable experiences with this character and some people hated his guts. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm in the second camp... but that also doesn't mean he didn't play his alignment from what I saw.
51069, Mind if I email you?
I've got some curiosities and I don't see a way for you to take my questions in public forum as anything other than an attack. If you don't, which imm persona cf email address do I send it to?

Not an attack on your personally or anyone specifically of the staff.- edit
51073, RE: Mind if I email you?
Go nuts. I get the e-mails for either nep or droky.
51076, Does look like something is missing
Posted by Mylinos guest on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This IMM comment looks incomplete:

Tue Jul 11 10:10:37 2006 by 'Corrlaan' at level 51 (141 hrs):
Removed the Li

Not sure if there is more to this or additional comments after, but does look like it is an incomplete. The next comment in the next IMM comment post, does not finish this corrlaan comment but jumps some 108 hours into the future of this character:

Sun Aug 6 14:25:58 2006 by 'Crysseara' at level 51 (249 hrs):
I admire him for sticking to his guns no matter what - not the best goodie role, no, but I like that he picked a complicated role for an elf worshipping an evil god

It does look like something was left out, though I doubt intentionally, just looks like there was maybe an text limit that was reached that cut it off.
51077, RE: Does look like something is missing

>It does look like something was left out, though I doubt
>intentionally, just looks like there was maybe an text limit
>that was reached that cut it off.

Yeah, that happens a lot with long immortal comments, or it did. It used to be that a little more was recorded than the PBF-post-generator would paste and we could add it in thereafter manually.

I'll doublecheck when I get home tonight to see if there's more in this case. Zulg cooked up a solution to super-long immortal comments a month or two ago -- you've probably seen multiple posts of them in a PBF in a few of the more recent PBFs -- but it wasn't in place for all of the life of this character, so who knows what condition that's in.
51085, The same happened with Nreisshe
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Apparently, the PBF system only publishes the first and last page of Immortal comments. The solution apparently works for PBF comments that are two pages long, but not longer.
51109, I can explain that particular comment
Posted by Corrlaan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

It was just me saying that I removed the 'Affirmation of the Lion' part of the title that I threw on him haphazardly because I didn't want to muscle into Guerric's territory.

It wasn't anything juicy or controversial...sorry.

Corrlaan

51112, RE: I can explain that particular comment
Posted by Mylinos guest on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't think it was, most of the time the imm comments are more funny or bland them juicy/controversial. I was just making the point it looked like it got chopped off early.
51070, Wow.
Posted by Enbuergo1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think the most controversial comment for me is:

Sun Jul 9 15:13:42 2006 by 'Drokalanatym' at level 51 (131 hrs):
To be fair, this dude does also spend a ton of time helping people level and ####... he's a murder healer, but he's not ONLY a murder healer.

A murder healer with 8 kills??? Preposterous!!
51075, RE: Wow.
Maybe that should have said attempted murder healer. ;)

Dude sure did attack a relative lot of people for a healer. He just didn't have the Restraal style to really pull off the finishes!
51079, RE: Wow.

>Dude sure did attack a relative lot of people for a healer.
>He just didn't have the Restraal style to really pull off the
>finishes!

The trick with a REAL murder healer is to just be shameless about ganging and saying 'Strike for the seas!' at the appropriate time. }(
51080, Oh and about the gank-o-meter
I really do think it's a little off. I logged pretty much every Gistle kill...as far as I can tell, I had about 45 solo kills and 30 with one other person. I have no idea where the 1.87 gank ratio came from; I was expecting about a 1.4 or so, and I think my enemies would back me up that I hunted solo much/most of the time. The only thing I can think of was if the meter counts as a 'group' when you jump another kill, or are grouped with someone when you're fighting even when your groupmate isn't even there.

In any case...I'll let this thread get back to the Legressil loving/hating. Life is so much more relaxing since I gave up flaming in favor of reading other people's flames :-)
51086, RE: Oh and about the gank-o-meter
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Total PK Wins 75
Total PK Assists 63
Average Group Size Per Kill 1.83

Are you saying that you weren't ganking when you got all those assists? I think you were.

Edit: And yes, assists do count to gank-o-meter number.
51104, you strike for the seas kill stealing bastard!
Posted by granaakunbanned on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Long time.

hey I'm not banned anymore.
51018, RE: I'm sure this will be chock full of controversy:
Posted by Amariele on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had the opportunity to play with Legressil with two seperate characters. I sometimes shook my head in disbelief at the rude, abrasive things he said to non-elven characters. We had an argument or two about it, but I thought he did a stellar job playing a really difficult role. He stuck to it at all times, from what I saw. And for the record, if you did happen to be an elf, Legressil was a really intriguing, likeable guy (if you could get past the way he sometimes treated your friends). I applauded his stick-to-it-iveness, I know I would have deleted a long time before he did. He really did put up with a lot of bootie-crack.
51020, As an elf, I must say I enjoyed seeing Legressil on...
Posted by Elleinia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I never asked him for anything, and even though my char was a lowbie elf, we had some enjoyable conversations/interactions. And I think BECAUSE I didn't ask him for anything, he didn't come off as abrasive in the least. Just another elf, who felt that elves are the only worthy race.

I didn't see his interactions with others much, but to me he was great.

Sorry to see you go.