Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DEL) Vhenos the Master of Poison, Slight of Hand
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=5094
5094, (DEL) Vhenos the Master of Poison, Slight of Hand
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Mar 6 14:49:14 2002

12 o''clock PM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Grand Struggle on the Theran calendar Vhenos perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:thief
Level:44
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:150
PK Ratio:78% (closer to 100% is better)

5095, Bye now
Posted by Cathoir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Never really got into the character, don't mud a whole lot nowadays anyways and when i'm not in practice I just don't have the finesse required to play a thief the way I like to play them. Tired of losing nice sets to my link, then having hordes/air majors search me out while i'm reclothing with full looting intentions. Being a rager just isn't the same. Now it's just like any other cabal only with all the disadvantages of old ragers and then some, so screw it. The ocassional frustration used to be worth it, no more. Anyways, most of my enemies were thoroughly obnoxious people on all levels of being and aren't worth mentioning. If I have time before I head out to do some research at our marine laboratory (a couple months with very limited internet access) I think i'll come back with a nice mindless overpowered class, i'm tired of having to think.
5101, #####.
Posted by Omodonore on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was hoping I'd get to hero(with) you.

Laters.
5099, RE: Bye now
Posted by Nydeikon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, that really is crappy to see you go. I gained alot of respect for Vhenos, and thought he did alot for the Village. I really respected the fact that you were the only Villager (that sticks out in my mind) in hero range that has logged on with any consistancy in the last month or so. Anyways, well played and best of luck with your marine laboratory thingy and thanks for the fights.
5100, RE: Bye now
>I really respected the fact that you were the only Villager (that >sticks out in my mind) in hero range that has logged on with any >consistancy in the last month or so.

I don't really blame the warriors and rangers, playing for them just wouldn't be much fun (unless you are a masochist). I just wished i'd heroed with the original rager boom I ranked up with, oh well. You and your damn potions of flight....
5097, RE: Bye now
Posted by HammerSong on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's a shame. I kind of liked Vhenos. He had a vested interest
in the BattleRager cabal and had that mentality (old school) of
knowing what he was doing in terms of being able to turn the tide
of any battle situation with just his presence. The only thing that
got me heated about him was that he sometimes wouldn't attempt any
sort of defense (which is sometimes a good offense in order to draw
the enemy away) when multiple raiders were around.

Given your recent distaste of Thror, it kind of sours how much I
liked this character. I don't mean that in a bad way. Good luck
with your research. Maybe you'll return with the character concept
of a pirate, patch-eyed dwarf who fears water but loves sailing.

5098, As far as the raiding goes
Most of the raids I stayed away from involved tilaen. I assume it was because of my lower rank, but spell evasion just hardly ever worked (I seemed to have much more success with it against invokers practicing at 41). Two geysers would basically kill me, and they did just that quite a few times while I was trying to defend against a larger group. I also remember you bitching at us for not using tactics, but when things like blackjack and critical hit will lag you long enough to die (not to mention the usual raking lion), there isn't much you can do. I would have been a lot more gun ho about it were I a hero, but the chance to rank just never presented itself in the last month or so... I assure you I was looking for it.
5096, RE: Bye now
Posted by Jhyrbian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think you're the cats ass!

Thank you.