Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectEnough tedium for me.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=50848
50848, Enough tedium for me.
Posted by Callie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That had to have been the dullest char ever. I rolled him up to hero fast and take part in the Nepentish quests since I have some spare time for a bit...alas that was never to happen. Even being in the same area as the global echoes were going off didnt seem to mater.

Not much to fight either. Its pretty lame at the moment. Definatly not my type of crowd. I dont even think I had more than a few conversations since heroing.

I did get to see what has become of the village though...its kind of sad. Raid situations aside...I really cant recall ever seeing the stuff I witnessed with this char from village....Ever.
ANyhow, I FINALLY got some villagers to fight when I went out with a bang. Even though I had to attack three of them to finally get a fight.

You know you are going to have a dull log in session when your range is typically 3 or 4 people. Chaotic evil, and I find myself helping newbies and young mages with protections and stuff...or else just killing time until maybe just maybe I can take part in some of the questiness.

Its moments like this when I just want to roll up a mindless A-hole.

Have fun.

50923, RE: Enough tedium for me.
Posted by Kristof on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Callie was cool to hang around and go along with. I know what you mean, CF blues sometimes can really catch you, until you find something cool to play again.

Much luck with everything,

Takrin
50891, RE: Enough tedium for me.
Posted by Azilaph on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't know, maybe it was just me, but I got a distinctly ooc annoyance vibe from you. Like you had some ages old problem with people you even thought might be battleragers and so would just act peevish and, well, a little assholish, in your tells. I haven't gone back to hunt through logs of the few times we spoke - you powerlevelled pretty quick, so we weren't in range for too long - but you had this annoyed tone of someone who had a real ooc goal and didn't want anyone to get in the way. Which now makes sense I suppose, reading your post about how you wanted to level up to be part of the questyness.

Maybe it was just me.
50896, I thought you did a good job.
Had no qualms with you at all. You and Zunza are pretty cool dwarf villagers. Any problems I had were with heros. I actually respect villagers most of the time with my chars. Some will always rub me the wrong way.

I think we fought once. I was in Azuremaine rank 29 or so, had just gotten spider form(which could hide). I saw you come in and hide. My groupmates were pretty newbish and didnt realize you were villager, and also I hadnt really gotten the chance to explain things to them. I remained hidden while you spoke a bit. Then you used a good tactic and attacked the warrior, which brought me out since I was autoassisting. You quickly re-directed to me. I ate a hit or so. Fled, returned and by then the warrior was dead. I hid and you walked off. I felt bad for the warrior cause he was pretty much green.

You might have been one of two or three actual fights I had while ranking. I tend to avoid powerhouses until I get ABS and bash protection.

Not directed at you particularly but it must get old quick to level sit a 30ish warrior and pick off newb mages for one or two round kills. This is what always bugs me and will continue to. Again not directed at you, but im sure you can see trends.

Take care.
50897, Was at least 1 or 2 fights in the battlefields as well.
Posted by Valarael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was fun some fights or group against, Azliph and an assassin, only time I fought in a group. :P
50898, Oh yeh...
Azilaph and some village assasin attacked us while ranking. Azilaph got out, assassin died. Forgot about that.
50899, RE: I thought you did a good job.
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>Not directed at you particularly but it must get old quick to
>level sit a 30ish warrior and pick off newb mages for one or
>two round kills. This is what always bugs me and will
>continue to. Again not directed at you, but im sure you can
>see trends.

Give it a try sometime.

There definitely are times when your life as a midlevel Battle warrior is just as easy as you suggest, but there are a lot of times it isn't, too... at least for me, and I'm guessing your experience would be pretty similar because we have similar play styles in more than a few ways.
50903, RE: I thought you did a good job.
Posted by Azilaph on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sing it, sister! Nepenthe is right (shocking!) and sometimes it's a cake walk like you say, but other times not so much. Try attempting to retrieve against hero centurions, or any older healer backing up a cabal guard, or fighting people with 8 or 9 levels on you, meaning they have all their skills (they are in their early or mid 40s) and a lot more hp on you in your range when you only have half of yours. And try having to walk everywhere with only a midlevel's mvs trying to find one of the only two or three people in range. Spend a lot of time resting and sleeping, by the nine hells! :)

Oh, and while Azilaph is definitely ranking slowly, it's not really level sitting.... :P
50904, RE: I thought you did a good job.
Posted by Mordlaii on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't know what you're talking about Callie. I freaking STEAMROLLED over Villager applicants. It got to a point where I rped it out with Trurkrag so that I wouldn't attack him until he became a Villager.

Of course, I guess it differs if you're a shapeshifter.

In retrospect, I should've stayed at level 36 until I received the lightning unholy blessing thing. I got all giddy when I received ghostly flame that I powerleveled. As you can see, drow anti-paladins have it rough, especially since all the barriers I know have requirements higher than my level.
50905, I never said applicants...I mean the real deal villagers. n/t
n/t
50874, RE: Enough tedium for me.
>That had to have been the dullest char ever. I rolled him up
>to hero fast and take part in the Nepentish quests since I
>have some spare time for a bit...alas that was never to
>happen. Even being in the same area as the global echoes were
>going off didnt seem to mater.

Sorry, chief. Some people get questiness thrust upon them and some people have to work for it a little. Sometimes that's just the luck of the draw.

A couple nights I was going to get something started that Callie would have been appropriate to tap for... and then you'd be off in Organia powerlevelling or something. I'm not sure what anyone else involved with my eeeevil plans does, but I tend to leave groups be.

Better luck next time around. Btw, watch those apostrophes, they give you away. :)
50876, Apostrophes?
I have no idea what you mean by that.
50877, Based on this thread:
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You don't seem to use them at all. "cant", "wouldnt", etc. It's not a common habit, for what that's worth.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
50886, RE: Based on this thread:
Yeah, that's basically what I mean.

I got word that there was a cool Droky-shifter around (sadly, seemingly playing 90% of the time when I'm working or otherwise indisposed) when Callie was... oh, maybe 15-20th level? I read the role and instantly knew from one of the apostraphe-less contractions.

I figure you stick out enough playing a shifter that I should try to help you out a bit with things like that that give you away. ;)

Seemed like the start of a neat character... it's too bad we didn't cross paths more.
50863, ??
Posted by merrwyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
just to get a fight? I killed the shapeshifter guildguard, nebbelrud teleported and wouldnt fight me, I kicked your ass, then went after criles in transmuters guild and he doud and wouldnt fight. That is what its like on my end. Callie, you tended to avoid just about everything you could is what I saw. Save of course far later when you went to aid the crystal golem. You left pretty early in that.
You say you wanted to be part of the quest.. well.. what did YOU do to become part of it? Sit there twiddling your thumbs? I am sorry but that will get you nowhere into it and in it.
BTW, this quest is REALLY easy to get into. I have been part of a great many over the years, and its like the imms are making this one really easy for that to happen. #### they have sat in the inn with mages just waiting for someone to come by. literally.
I am sorry you felt this char that bad for you, but looking for a fight? Dont avoid it. Looking to become part of a quest? Dont sit there and do nothing.
I wont comment on anything else, your not really is a bunch of ####.
50875, I have no idea what you are talking about...
I saw you 3 or 4 times total is the 100 or so hours I played. I typically play early mornings. And usually when village was in strength of numbers. But I guess it is easier to become all pissy when your cabal mates are questioned.

As for the crystal golem. Yes I guess I did leave kinda early. But then again I was fighting Som, Jeir, Kiph, Chokiare, Dynstai, Oh yeh wait a minute, there was also village about too, including you.

Dont be so defensive. We did fight once. Ive been playing this game along time and if I say something about Village in general, you dont need to become the village protector OOC. I didnt name names, but if youd like I can start. There are more than you in the village, and if you didnt interact with me, does not mean others in the village didnt either.

Also, I did not go into specifics about village tactics. How about we discuss that then? Fighting a berserker to get knocked out. Wake to be fighting a scout. Chase a bit, snare. Wake to be fighting a second berserker.

Enough of you already.

50878, Well, I'll give you an answer to that...
Posted by Zweich on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You go after a group, and are surprised you end up fighting the group?

So, the way this went:
- learning, Callie comes
- I jack Callie, say to let the barrier fall
- Scout fights callie, since fights with the panther tend to go very badly very quickly for a thief
- snip, panther chases everyone around Darsylon some
- jack Callie out of form (barrier fell, of course), and steal some wands
- Other berserker calls fight with Callie, gets fight with Callie, dies to Callie

In all this, did you ever fight the three of us at one time? That's what should have happened, we wait for you to come, and attack, and you end up fighting three.

At any rate, only times I ever fought you, except once that I recall, you had barrier. Even that one time, I lost the fight, so that makes sense not to charge in and die over and over again without having any chance to win.

Did I miss anything?
50879, Not at all...
Like I said I never named names. You usually came to fight.

I was just responding to Merrywyns pissy post. Considering she never plays when we do, I found it ironic that she could even make a statement about the times when we fight. I think I fought her once with protections dropping, dont remember.

Some of you are doing a good job. But man, there is still some crappy #### going on right now.

Take care.
50884, Just curious what you were ranking on in Darsylon city. n/t
Posted by Me on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
50881, RE: I have no idea what you are talking about...
Posted by merrwyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
i dont have a set work schedule and once football season started, I started working about 20 more hours per week more. Not to mention also I am a coach for flag football for kindnergarden - 2nd grade. with this I am still on cf about 40 - 50 hours per week I think.
P.S., my schedule isnt set so I am on at all times during the day, morning one time, night another etc.
So yeah, you didnt always see me. I saw you a bit, but being an assassin no, your not gonna see me.
I also am not defending my cabal mates. I am speaking of only myself.

---As for the crystal golem. Yes I guess I did leave kinda early. But then again I was fighting Som, Jeir, Kiph, Chokiare, Dynstai, Oh yeh wait a minute, there was also village about too, including you.

the maran wernt always about, plus empirial healer was there, we were fighting, som was there, we were fighting, as well as the golem, and some maran we were fighting, etc et al. It was basically at times a big three way brawl that included cameo shots with empire and tribunal. You could easily have done things with that.

----Dont be so defensive. We did fight once. Ive been playing this game along time and if I say something about Village in general, you dont need to become the village protector OOC. I didnt name names, but if youd like I can start. There are more than you in the village, and if you didnt interact with me, does not mean others in the village didnt either.

A note written like that, yes I will become defensive. You already have named names too. I interacted with you once when you completely and utterly lied to all of thera :P but I honestly expected something like that to happen and it was your char being chaotic, and in truth was a very big step up to becomming involved with the magi (i say no more on this).
Yes also we did fight, in galadon. I was breaking open the guild, neb teleported. I fought you, it lasted about 15 rounds. Only your bites really touched me. You had at least barrier and stone skin up, but if you have the log post it. I dont. After I fought you and you ran, I went immediately to the arcanes guild after criles. that was our one fight. I never saw yuo near me again until the golem.

P.S., go after villagers ranking, and likely they will all kick your ass. Dont do it
50883, Thanks for the advice. (text)
I obviously can use tactical advice from you.

Amazing stuff.
50857, Yeah. Rektath is about the only one I respect at the moment...
Posted by Dhaezym on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Rektath, if you read this, you're the man. I can't believe you didn't die when you attacked those four tribbies and me outside Hamsah. Balls my friend, balls.

Sorry Callie, never really interacted with you, but you seemed cool!
50862, RE: Yeah. Rektath is about the only one I respect at the moment...
Posted by Rektath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks. I try to play like that. Sorry for the village being in such a shabby shape. I should probably log on more often and get to drillmaster crap.

Sphere courage without a dead god makes me more wanting to be balls to the wall.

Hopefully after moving this saturday I'll have more time to play Rektath.
50849, I thought Callie was cool.
Posted by Valarael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wasn't always sure how to interact with you, but enjoyed the times we did, i was hoping you would up and join outlanders but wasn't holding my breath. :P