Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectDruids being what they are....
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=50766
50766, Druids being what they are....
Posted by Pallathas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is it really neccesary to give them mobs skills that are unblockable?

I don't care what's said, Druids are freak nasty without mobs let alone with.
50768, Deleted.
Posted by Pallanthas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorta felt hosed from the beginning not being able to yell.

Tried to stick it out but just couldn't Arial seemed so much more attactive.

Swift strike wasn't what I thought it would be, even at 97%

And Soloing an Elf like that was just to monotonous.

Not sure why I was penalized like that with the No shout I tried to play it out but #### all the really hurt the character bad.

Not sure where I went wrong with the religion either or why he never got back with me at 30 like he said.

I saw a wierd echo in a fight and thought I had a new skill but never saw it again so I have no idea.

I lost most of my fights to things like Parting blow and having 400 HP. Skills like kick could destroy me =P

I made a lot of mistakes fighting with him but I did learn a thing or two.

Doubt anyone really knows me because I couldn't talk to you.

Azilaph. I fought you only because I wanted to see how well an Elf fought with only two swords. I actually did better than in ost of my fights even after being disarmed and just watching the screen! LOL

50769, About the name..
Posted by Pallathas... on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It bohered me to know end that I would call myself Pallanthas which if I recall correctly was a city in Dragon Lance.

So let me forstall any 'Bad name' posts! =P
50780, RE: About the name..
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>It bohered me to know end that I would call myself Pallanthas
>which if I recall correctly was a city in Dragon Lance.

The city in Dragonlance books was Palanthas, not Pallanthas. Not the same, but the similarity is there. I wouldn't pronounce the two names exactly the same way, but some other people whose language doesn't have such double consonants might do that.
50850, Why the perma-deaf?
Posted by Someone. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And why did you avoid interacting so much?

I tried with two characters to get close/speak to you, you just blew them off. That combined with 'deaf mode' was crazy. This looked like a very anti-social character all said and done, and you didn't seem to make any real attempts to reach out beyond it. Maybe the imms could get an idea of what was going on, but the rest of us were just making up stuff because it was funny.
50854, I can't count the number of times..
Posted by Pallanthas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I tried talking to someone only to have them run off from me because they too were looking for me.

Autuosneak being what it is.

I'd sit still for a moment but they'd depart so I could never be sure.

It sucked.

I felt like having a warcry that wen't like " I can't yell or here so send me a letter you scurvy dogs!
50852, RE: Deleted.
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't get you.

We had one talk a while back (with Lladoleus) and thought you had kind of an interesting take. Kind of fun for a Dalteric follower and a hardcore Grurk guy to exchange POV's. I wasn't sure if you were going for an align change or were just an asshole IC though. Not the typical Elf-on-Elf action I would expect. Not that it's a bad thing, I just wasn't sure how to take it (whether you were RPing an asshole, or just were one..).

But then after that you just kind of blew me off. I tried to talk to you several times after that. Once you just ignored me, the other's it seemed like you had quiet mode on or something. I was kind of curious what direction you were taking that though.

Don't discount Elves from one bad experience though. They're a little more finesse than most warriors, but definately have a few advantages too. (Sneak is the best racial skill in the game, imho). Low HP can be accounted for pretty easy. Damroll is overrated.
50853, I was a #### to Non-Grurk Priests.
Posted by Pallathas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was more or less cordial with anyone else.

It was in my role to have Perma deaf on and he didn't shout in combat save for a war cry.

How ever I was hit with a permanent No-shout as well, and two letters to Immortal didn't change that so I was pretty much isolated.

Infact my only Immteraction came at being reborn and a moment before I deleted because I said something OOC in a prayer.

Especially since people couldn't tell when I walked into a room and often left before I could indicate I was there.

I wrote notes to some people but only one Elven ranger and a Tribunal ever responded.