Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Tyrelyn Ned'isstra the Legend of the Battlefield, Elite Imperial Blade
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=50215
50215, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Tyrelyn Ned'isstra the Legend of the Battlefield, Elite Imperial Blade
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Aug 23 16:11:04 2006

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Tyrelyn perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:236
50967, So hey
Posted by Kavan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You said you started taking different paths and stuff after those couple of assassinations. What were they? I always enjoyed our talks and interactions. And yeah, you did beat me down pretty good right before I age died. I got away though! :P

Kavan
50981, There's all kinds of alternate paths everywhere
Posted by Nightshade on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Foremost I stopped going to get the dagger that you got me twice at for a realllllly long time. I missed having it, but it wasn't worth losing all my weapons for.

The underdark is a great way to get around as a drow, and pretty unfriendly to assassins. Depends on how many outlanders are chilling around.

Otherwise, outskirts, backroads, anywhere I could cross a little bit of woodland. Between you and Vens I had to learn a few tricks to not be dead every 20 minutes.

I enjoyed Kavan. You were always a tough fight and you WOULD fight. Assassinate always burns me just a little, because it was almost always my own fault for taking the "common" way.

50965, Crap, I lost my original goodbye post
What can I say. I've been busy as hell. I couldn't keep up with playing the character the way I wanted to. Everyone I interacted with ranking up was already gone. Due to my play time constraints I logged on to a new War Master most of the time who had no idea who I was or why I was taking up an Elite slot. :P I lived and died with it though, so I guess I was worthy enough. All in all, it was past time for Tyr to be gone.

First let me say that despite being a long time player off and on this was my first hero, and really my first serious cabaled character. I think I could have done better, but there's a ton more to learn in hero range. If I recall correctly, Tyr didn't lose a PK until well into his 30s, then I couldn't win a single fight between 37 and 44 or so. I lost a lot of con and got some back for the role contest (thanks Imms!) and then lost more con. All in good fun though. Most of my fights were enjoyable and challenging. Thanks to all the players that I fought with and interacted with.

I don't really have much to say about the immortals. I didn't get much interaction. I got experience for my role once and experience for the role contest another time. The only immeraction I ever really had was being demoted out of the Empire early in life for donations and brusquely told to come back when I was more serious, which obviously I did. I enjoyed the character nonetheless, so thanks for a great game guys.

I couldn't seem to further my role in the hero ranks. There was always something else to do (usually someone that wanted to kick my ass). I lost a couple bags full of treasure that I had intended to give to Q. Then donations reset right about when I got to where I wanted to be and I got stuck in that loop again. It was too much time for me and not enough progress.

I waited for too long now and don't remember too many characters. Some that still stick out in my mind for one reason or another:

Inthulnizra - Good dark-elf RP. It was nice to have someone to talk to about the Homeland and the Spiders.

Xoregh - You were War Master for some of the time when I was actually around. I enjoyed the character, but didn't like you much as a leader. Good job all the same.

Skiltore - I didn't see much of you but I liked what I saw.

Daszun - I remember you from the younger days when Tyr was trying to keep your Lord happy. Fun character to hang around.

Zhaltum - Stout like a speeding train. Keep it up.

Lerimos - I thought you were a terrible leader of battle. I never saw you fight particularly well or RP particularly well either one. Sorry, just personal opinion.

Burrgyn/Chirrpiku - Hated you both. Burn in hell.

Reir - I liked you for the most part. You utterly tooled me as I was ranking up toward hero and then I never got to fight you once I got there. That was a match I really wanted. Good job.

Chokiare - I couldn't stand you for various reasons, and disliked you even more as a leader. Tool.

Adhelard - My most hated mithril sword wielding flurry spec. Good fights, you usually owned me. Tyr would never admit that though.

Krundig - Frightening.

Nreisshe - You relentlessly slaughtered me at each meeting. I kept coming up with better plans and then realizing too late that no plan worked very well after a 700 hp ambush. Ouch.

If I left anyone out say something and I'll reply. So long for now. I'll be back when I've got time to play again.
50966, And addendum about dark-elf warriors, legacies etc
In my opinion dark-elf warriors are pretty stout. In the early ranks your skills fly up (much faster than an arial say) and that goes a long way to keeping you alive until 30 or so. 24 dex tanks remarkably well, and as a dagger spec shield block was very useful at times.

It's 35 - 44 or so that you really hit your weakest point as a d-elf warrior, especially against other warriors. I might have done a little better if I hadn't picked sword as a second spec. That was probably the biggest single mistake I made with Tyr. I rarely ever used swords unless I was fighting nasty mobs. Dagger just worked better most of the time.

Striking the Shadows Footfall is an awesome legacy and I would recommend it for any high int warrior. I suspect wisdom is a factor too. This legacy rocks in many, many ways and will quickly level the playing field against huge damage dropping giants and duergars.

Enigma is a great legacy even if you don't use it for anything but slow wands and quaffing return potions in combat. This legacy gives you a ton more creative options too, and generally expands your bag of tricks alot. Seems to be int based, also highly recommended for high int warriors.
50293, Boo! Post some goodbyes. NT
Posted by An Ally on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT