Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Soracen the Benefactor of Charity
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=49981
49981, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Soracen the Benefactor of Charity
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Aug 12 17:47:14 2006

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Soracen perished, never to return.
Race:half-elf
Class:paladin
Level:34
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:49
49992, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Soracen the Benefactor of Charity
Posted by ordasen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, this was my first serious mortal since leaving and it wasn't really all that bad of one. I've noticed there has been sort of a weight lifted off my shoulders after leaving and taking a break, where I can sort of get back to why I loved the game originaly.

Soracen was inspired after watching Kingdom of Heaven where you actually had paladin like figures who were truly holy warriors of their gods. You often see many paladins running around, yet half of them you will never hear them speak or preach of their god. Soracen I wanted to make it apperant that he was a Shokai follower. Hell, I often gave up good gear in order to keep the phoneix signet rings, pendants, breastplate and surcoat. Figured it would look cool to have a paladin who actually wears gear of his god, and the rest in his colors (Silver Blue and gray). However in the end, I deleted because it sort of suck having left a char for over a week to be in Vegas and loose the feel for him. On top of that, you get stuck in a rut and cant level out of rank 34 and contantly in an exp hole as I was a mob death magnet.

The one thing that was always annoying with the character I must say was learning 2handers. They have great potential, just have to figure them out as I'm a more warrior style char and it was hell watching a lot of people run away and not being able to lag. Though the one under used communes a paladin has was my best friend, call lightning. In the end I believe I dished out perhaps a few more kills then I did, had fun and no real bad experiences with any enemys.

To all those I fought, good job killing me. I know it can be a bitch to take down a paladin. Those I killed, again good fights most of the times. MOST rped and responded to my many attempts of salvation for their souls, and only one ever started going ooc.

Anyway, I'm still tired and if anyone post I'll respond.
49994, Fun fights!
Posted by Morior on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You got me, I got you, people looted both corpses, no hard feelings.

P.S. duergar wrath vuln is a BITCH! Gaaah!
50038, Look what you started
Posted by Landren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You, like Lucan, were what I considered "hard-line" paladins. You upheld your beliefs regardless of whatever drawback that had on your character. That makes for a pimp paladin. Don't even get me started on mob deaths and being stuck at certain levels, I'm just glad the old insane holes are gone. A shame this didn't work out.
49985, A shame
Posted by Merenwen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thought you had great potential even though I interacted with you perhaps twice. You certainly made me want to perform better. Hope you enjoy your next more.
49982, Pity closest thing to a friend he had IC. nt
Posted by Lucan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
49987, Me me! I'll be your friend! nt
Posted by The darkside on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
49993, Verily, Sir. nt
Posted by ordasen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM