Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectDeleted.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=49933
49933, Deleted.
Posted by Teylauna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wish I had gone scquire instead of scribe, but after my last squire I didn't much want to. I just wasn't feeling the whole acolyte thing. Plus, I start school again soon so I'm going to have to concentrate on that for a while. I had already made my mind up about deleting and Rektath came to the Fortress wanting a fight, so I was like what the hell, let's give it a shot. It'll show up as a rage delete but it wasn't. Anyways, on to goodbyes:

Legressil, we spent a lot of time together, and most of it was fun. Good luck with whatever you do with him now.

Meryshal, thanks for helping me find some wands and helping me when I was younger.

Sythisen, my favorite cat. I liked having you along whenever I went anywhere in the wilds. Glad you didn't die when we wereon the Mount.

Fortress--doubt it will be a long time before I'm back in there. Didn't really interact with a whole lot of you.

Lauraine, thanks for the induction. Though the interview was very, you did a good job.

Lucan, really liked you. Only ran around with you once, you'll be one I miss having by my side though.

Good luck to the rest of you.

See you all in fields again sometime.
50137, RE: Deleted.
Posted by Meyrshal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Farewell Teylauna. I wish you had kept at it. You were very nice, and quite competent. But alas, I understand other wordly things come up, and you must choose your priorities. Best of luck dear.
50103, RE: Deleted.
Posted by Sythisen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were always fun and up for a little adventure, was made all the more interesting because I really disliked the healer that seemed to be never far from you :P

That time on the mount was kind of rediculous at home much trouble we had but I guess that is the risk going there, it can get hairy in no time, was fun though!

Hope to catch your next character in the fields again.
49969, RE: Deleted.
Posted by Gerandiel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You seemed to be doing a good job to me. I did feel bad when the day after you got inducted there were Teylauna steaks on the path to the fortress. I figured you'd been an innocent victim of the outlander guard of honor, so I was glad when you told me it was imperials instead.

As far as going squire vs scribe goes, we did try to hammer that one out in the interview just in case you were making a mistake going scribe. You might have found you acclimatised to it though if you stuck with it longer, because I was also seriously asking myself if I made the wrong choice at one stage. It took quite a lot of people/imms to get me comfortable with how my role tied in with being a scribe because there were other people that seemed to be questioning that.

Part of the reason the interview was long is that I think Lauraine was using it as a chance to see how the existing scribes were progressing with their understanding of stuff, so it was as much a test of us as you. Also, I think that it was longer because you didn't write to the fortress first, so making it too easy would make induction too easy. My one possible criticism re the interview, which might be misplaced, was that I think you quoted something word for word that is written down inside the fortress. That's fine if your character has been told about it or seen it, but be careful doing it if your character has never heard the words.

I didn't see much of you, but what I did see was all good.
49962, RE: Deleted.
Posted by Lauraine on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Interview was very???????
Okay, I not suitable for leader character.....so I'm just hanging around, second leader character eh? Anyway, pity you deleted..
49963, RE: Deleted.
Posted by Tey on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh, someone must have interupted my thought there. It was the longest interview I've ever had, but it was all good.
49943, Good fights, good times
Posted by Morior on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You did Kelayna? Knew I recognized that style somewhere ^^

At low levels I beat you no contest, as expected. At high levels you were one of the not-so-fun foes to face, due to your ability to shield others and to resist my attacks long enough to blow the #### outta me with spells.

Knew your other characters, enjoyed them, definite improvement here, I think. See you next in the fields.
49944, RE: Good fights, good times
Heh, yeah. I didn't mention any enemies but you were one of my favorites. After you beat up for a while I was glad to have gotten you at the Maran that one time. I'm sure we would have had many other fun fights.
49942, :( :( :(
Posted by Lucan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked you. Most scribes/acolytes who are as nice as you are are pretty giggly, and Teylauna didn't seem like that. She just seemed very gentle and very dedicated.

About 10 minutes before you deleted, I was telling a friend of mine what a good scribe Teylauna was, and about when you sacced the Dracolich claw for me. No hesitation or attitude or anything. Most people would grouse about blowing up top gear like that, regardless of how good the reason.

You will be missed.
49945, RE: :( :( :(
I'm glad you liked me, and you could see my dedication. As for the claw, Teylauna didn't care about gear. If she had, she did. If she didn't that was okay. I tried to be a good scribe, but I just wasn't feeling anymore. You were one of the only ones in the Fortress that I really enjoyed fightning beside.
49940, RE: Deleted.
Posted by Dellian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No mention of your fighting partner? You were mean, glad to have known you, good spells, blah blah blah, and I really hate to see you go. You were a good ally.. uh... lata.
49946, RE: Deleted.
Heh, thanks for helping out with the drows. I mastered nova in like an hour there from just being practiced. You were a good one to have by my side when all those younger imperials that only you and I could harm. See ya.
49939, RE: Deleted.
Posted by Amariele on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That was sort of crappy timing, but I guess you gotta do what's best for you. Good luck with your next Jenna. Hope your school semester goes well, too.
49947, RE: Deleted.
Heh, I didn't know who you were before, but I'm pretty sure I do now. Didn't know you knew me. Good luck to you too.