Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Friarr the Bloodletting Claw, Drillmaster of Battle
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=49660
49660, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Friarr the Bloodletting Claw, Drillmaster of Battle
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jul 29 15:13:25 2006

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Friarr perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:259
49666, Goodbyes
Posted by Friarr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ahh, where to begin!! This character was such a mess at times, but a blast overall! Man I'm sure the imms got a good laugh on the number of ####ed up times that I attacked the massive giant, heheh:P For all those that do not know, I kept typing "hurl tor cab" or "murder cab" while chasing Cabdru all over the place because I always use the first syllable instead of typing the whole name...and at least 3 times I kept striking the massive giant (Cab = Cabal = massive giant). #### you Nep:), yet I know you felt bad for me:P. Ysa I left you no other choice than to kick me out, I understand. Then I got back in a while after, it seemed like forever since a rager without powers is toast at hero, but thank you Lyristerion (I think it was you at least!) I should have a follower of yours sometimes you're too cool...For like 2 months I've been playing scarcely, I'm not feeling the CF thing for the moment. Sorry Lerimos should of stepped down as Drillmaster a while ago.

Legacies were great, fires of adversity seemed to work very well, and mercy has a cool concept, although most of the times it was useless. Nonetheless I regret none of my choices I loved both. Thanks to whoever gave me Riddle of Resilence, I think I deserved it that time I kicked 3-4 different cabals in galadon in a 10min timespan. Dagger/hand for felars is also great, and felar gear is amazing. Thanks imms for a great game!!!!

Kasty/Ysa : The recent series of events seem cool too bad I'm missing out...Ysa great rp by the way hope u fill up the Ordasen gap you'll do real good.

Lerimos: You're up there with the best commanders I've ever seen, in your own way of course. We had our differences at the beginning, but there was much respect after. Again sorry for having a Drillmaster who didn't know half the villagers near the end.

Krag: Loved how Kaisse would make fun of you, you were a tough mofo.

Kaisse: Thanks for the induction, I felt like a total battle newb beside you, always challeging us with all those questions about everything. You were a bitch, a fun one though.

Guamel/duerg thief berserk: Those were the good times mid-30's too bad you guys gave up too early.

Man I dont even remember most of the villagers it's been so long and most are deleted/gone. Write something and I'll write back.

Cabdru: You freakin monster, you scared the #### out of me. There were times I don't even know if you just took it easy on us and let us escape because you felt sorry for our weak asses. Hope I put up a good fight most times. Btw, how many charges?

Crulvane: Really cool scion. Strange how mongoose/eagle can be deadly, real strange. Let's just say you were opportunistic?:P Good rp, but that pool of blood in Hamsah was definatly yours, not mine, hah!

Vens: Annoying full looter!! We had some good fights.

Again forgot the rest of you....

Grunlath: Seems like forever, although I remember our fights when you had a strong Empire. Good job I'm sure we met with your reincarnations.

Khargurln (sp?): Coool Empress. Loved our interactions and loved our fights even more. Always tough as hell, yet not as carefull as the other APs and I respect that.

Grajekeck: Fresh meat for my frostbites. I liked your courage and you never gave up.

Nysveld!: I liked our fights in the 30's-40's always a challenge.

Fortress:
I don't get why ppl say Battle always gangs up with Fort. I don't think I had a single friend in the fortress because I had fun hitting your mages everywhere. Adhelard, Fjal and Essuvelyn? mind posting that fight where I broke in and killed you three? I surprised myself.

I'm forgetting a lot of people right now, write something and I'll write back, and sorry for the messyness of this post.

Friarr aka Livion
49668, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
All-around, a great character, hands down one of the toughest warriors and toughest Ragers of his time in my opinion. I never thought all that much of the felar dagger combo; I'll have to rethink that now.

>For all those that do not know, I kept
>typing "hurl tor cab" or "murder cab" while chasing Cabdru all
>over the place because I always use the first syllable instead
>of typing the whole name...and at least 3 times I kept
>striking the massive giant (Cab = Cabal = massive giant). ####
>you Nep:), yet I know you felt bad for me:P.

I did, too. Man. I wonder if anyone else had that problem with what was supposed to be a unique evil-sounding name.

>Thanks to whoever gave me Riddle of Resilence, I
>think I deserved it that time I kicked 3-4 different cabals in
>galadon in a 10min timespan.

Also me!

>Btw, how many
>charges?

Ranged from 3-4, I think?

In most ways I feel like the revamped A-P charge worth system is working great -- I definitely wanted to gun for a guy like Friarr who beat my ass most of the time rather than mow down random mooks if I had the choice.
49669, I wish I did.
Posted by Adhelard1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You whipped us good. Adhelard has a baaaad time against dagger specs in general, but no excuses - you were a badass that I had to think carefully about how to handle for our next encounter.
49671, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Igsoeh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great character man, didn't know you much with Ulthinius, because you weren't around a ton and he hated felar, knew you a little better with Aelisoc, too bad we never got to go check the tower out, me and my dying....Oh well, hope to bump into you again, hopefully in the village again, maybe I won't die so much next time.
49672, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Kharghurln on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll echo everyone else, you were a beast. Quick as hell, canny, great reactions and you knew exactly how to fight me. I think I got you one time, but I don't remember for sure, if I did, you can bet you were worth a ton of charges.

Of course, I lost the weapon right afterwards! Love to take chances, makes the game more fun. Characters like yours keep me coming back for more! Good luck with your next.
49675, Down goes another one.
Posted by Lerimos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I noticed your playing time waning, and appointed a new one that was thankfully instituted. But like you said we had our differences which I think helped build a nice dynamic, we resolved them and you got drillmaster on your own merit. I liked Friarr post fighting and you fought extremely well from what I saw. Good luck with the next.
49682, That was against me.
Posted by Enniallien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not Essuvellyn. Don't think he was a fortie muter, just an elf muter =(

Adhelard ran out and attacked you without coordinating with us, I think he thought he could get you alone. So I run out and support him without prepping, and you kill us all. Sigh, I'm a dumbass. I hate spellbane, it makes transmuters near worthless. It was pretty crazy sh*t, though, props.
49686, From my time in Outlander...
Posted by Kaisse on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I learned there's a lot of cabal history and tradition thats not written. So, I like to pass it about and learn more if I can. Its a great way to train newbs and make sure people like me get the whole picture. As Ritur I knew nearly nothing about Battle cabal, except its beginnings and the cabal helpfiles.

I learned the tough way that courage was a serious focus when I ganked someone with Ritur, they complained to me, and I said 'Why I care? You mage, and you dead.' An imm whipped me into line and I starting really picking myself up. I'd hate for anyone to make mistakes like that if I can help it :P

You did well getting as far as you did, nicely done all round. I still loved Livion with Ritur :)

Yhorian.
49710, You and yer fargin daggers!
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man somedays Friarr was a machine and others I thought "what in god's name is this guy doing!?!?"
Yeah you pretty much left me no choice but to boot you. After I gave you the benefit of the doubt on the first occassion. I was very happy to hear that you kept on trucking and didn't pull a Throt. I had every intent of giving you another shot in. After I Imm'd we came up with your title and what not, and I thought you made a good Drillmaster. I have to say, disappointed that you faded, really thought you could be pillar bound.

Anyway good char, go you for sticking out the tough patches.

And for your viewing pleasure, here is a log of the Cat of Flying Daggers incident...

a massive giant: How DARE you attack me, Friarr!

You say to the Destructor 'Which items yer guardin fer us eh?'
The Destructor says 'The village throne contains the Ebony Scepter and the bloody head of a magician.'

You scan east.
***** Range 5 *****
Friarr is here, fighting a massive giant.
A massive, hunched figure is here, protecting the village throughout the
night.

Friarr: what the

Ysaloerye: That tha fuggin hell.

Ysaloerye: Get yer arse in here.

Ysaloerye: Now.

Friarr: Fighting Cabdru

<41 Fire A-P> Cabdru the Evil Lord

Friarr: Dagger went flyin, me sorry for the that

Friarr swings a dagger named 'frostbite' in a sweeping blow to a massive giant's hamstring!
Friarr's hamstring slice MASSACRES a massive giant!

Friarr's freezing bite MASSACRES a massive giant!
Friarr is blinded by the dirt in his eyes!
A massive giant's kicked dirt scratches Friarr.

Friarr has fled!
Friarr leaves east.

Friarr: Fargin hell

Friarr has arrived.
A massive giant says 'Welcome, great warrior.'

Friarr leaves west.

Friarr: Im lettin off me confusion go now.

Ysaloerye: Drokalanatym's Giant Draconic Wang! Ya bastid yer fargin hit that giant again an am torchin yer hut.

Friarr: Maybe I become more sane.

Ysaloerye: Stand down.

Friarr: Yeh, he play wit me head.

You apply a poultice to a massive giant's wounds.

Friarr mutters something quietly to himself.

Friarr looks at you.

Friarr pokes his head.

Friarr says 'Nah workin'

Friarr goes to sleep.

You apply a poultice to Friarr's wounds.

*** and I let it go giving the benefit of the doubt that something Cabdru did caused confusion
*** However a few days later.........

You scan west.
***** Range 1 *****
(WANTED) Friarr is here, fighting a massive giant.
night.

Friarr has arrived.

Friarr growls.

Delakan looks at Friarr.

Friarr says 'sorry bout that'

Friarr leaves north.

Delakan sits down and rests.

Friarr has been inducted into None.

Delakan says 'You hold the codex?'

Delakan stops using a chipped stone, sharpened at the edge.

You say 'Fargin dolt.'

Grrrrrrrrrr...

Delakan stands up.

Delakan says 'What is the problem Commander?'

You say with a slight slur 'Thats tha last time Friarr hits tha giant wid his dagger.'

Delakan sighs.

Delakan says 'Again?'

The loud crash of falling stone echoes through the ruins.

Ysaloerye takes a flint and tinder from her pack and heads into the village.

Before a Fortified Hillock

night.

Among the Torch-lit, Barbaric Huts

Ysaloerye takes a torch from a holder and jams it in to the base of Friarr's hut.

Ysaloerye stands back as the flames take hold and rise into the air.

Off in the distance, a trail of smoke can be seen lifting skyward, as a hut burns and smolders.

You feel a divine presence guide you to new found experiences!
You have learned 3% of your bash ability.
Opened YsaloeryeLevels.txt as file 1
Closed YsaloeryeLevels.txt on file 1
You have learned 3% of your offhand disarm ability.
You have learned 2% of your careful vision ability.
You have learned 2% of your spear ability.
You have learned 3% of your bash ability.

Friarr yells 'Commander...'

To : Battle Friarr
Subject: Friarr and his fargin daggers.

Tha smoke yer see over the village be from Friarr's hut which a put a torch to.
Farin dolt put more fargin dagger wounds in tha giant than most our enemies.
Until he learns control an respect fer thems who guard tha village
he will walk alone.

Before a Fortified Hillock

(Ghost) Friarr is resting here.
Delakan is here.
A massive giant stands here, prepared to sacrifice himself for the village.

You glare icily at him.

Friarr says 'Me be understandin..'

You say to Friarr 'How many times?'

Friarr says 'Too many times.'

Friarr says 'Yeh think I want to do that.'

You say to Friarr 'Yer fargin right about that.'

Friarr says 'But me aint.'

Friarr says 'Is always happen when me fights Cabdru, or wants ta.'

Friarr says 'Me aims for giant, nah know why.'

Friarr shrugs indifferently.

You say as she adjusts her armor 'Cos yer a dozy fargin git.'

Friarr says 'Yeh know how many times I be patchin this lad in me life?'

Friarr stands up.

Friarr respectfully kneels before a massive giant.

Friarr says 'I been livin to defend em.'

Friarr says 'Sure yeh no thinkin I be wantin to harm em?'

You say bearing her broken teeth 'Yer fargin git off ma stoop an learn to control yer fargin daggers.'

Friarr says 'Yeh, alright.'

Friarr says 'Ah just wish yeh can remember all good things I done in this war, and get passed this error of mine.'

Friarr nods.

Friarr says 'I leave yeh know.'

Friarr sniffs at the air curiously.
Friarr leaves east.

You say 'Aint forgetin ####e.'

Delakan nods at you in agreement.

Delakan says 'A costly mistake.'

You say 'Which is why ah didn't torch his fargin hut tha last time he did it.'

Delakan says 'Perhaps he will learn, we can hope.'

Delakan nods at you in agreement.

Delakan says 'Aye, I was present.'

You say tugging on her beard 'Wull rust ma arse! Ah need a fargin drink.'

Among the Barbaric Huts

A Blood-stained Path Through the Village

<1380hp 466m 1095mv 24350 waning outdoor civilized standing 2 PM> Before the Pillar of Legends

A towering pillar of stone stands here, casting its shadow down upon you.

A Broken Path of Stones

A rack of barbarian weapons are displayed here.

A Smoldering Forge

A giant rack of assorted armors sits here in the sunlight.
A gnome covered in soot furiously hammers at a smouldering ring.
A stout svirfnebli clad in leathers, places weaponry into the forgefires.
Grime the blacksmith labors here over the forge.

You buy a jigger of 'Gerylanst Gold'.

You haggle the price down to 15 copper.
You buy a jigger of 'Gerylanst Gold'.

*** and I proceeded to get drunk.
49714, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Grajekeck on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a beastly cat with a bad attitude that made mincemeat out of Graj with your daggers (cold damage or not).

Hands was a good second spec for you because I had to disarm you quickly before you made swiss cheese out of me.

Hope to see you on my side next time.
49760, The Claw!
Posted by Kastellyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just a great, great all around Villager. You fought really smart and really well, and were a solid Drillmaster as well. Sorry your times started to wane; things are probably going to get a bit more interesting in the Village soon!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends
49664, You were a beast. Seeing as how you were Livion, I am not surprised.
Posted by A Foe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well done, again.
49662, Blood bathes with Battle
Posted by Crulvane on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed our skirmishes. Nice job all around. Good roleplay too.