Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Aeria Starblaze the Scythe of Amaranthe, Harbinger of Thar-Eris
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=49593
49593, (CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Aeria Starblaze the Scythe of Amaranthe, Harbinger of Thar-Eris
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jul 27 13:11:35 2006

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Aeria perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:druid
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:608
49596, Thank you everyone!
Posted by Aeria on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thank you all,

Enemies, Friends, and Foes alike. Thank you immortals, especially Amaranthe and the others who talked through Moonreaper so long ago. It seems I finally might see the "dark side of the moon". Which immortal was that?

Aeria really restored my faith in druids this time around. I had recently played Alyre and found her (despite fun roleplaying) horribly weak. Let me say this as my most poignant advice for would-be druid players, wilderness time affects EVERYTHING. Not just slightly, but DRASTICALLY. From duration of herbal forages to offensive damage. Its for this reason that breaking from wilderness for other character concepts, eg. tribunal druid....is absolutely a stopgap to any balance issues.

Besides Alyre, I hadn't played a druid since Amora so long ago. There were some significant differences, but it was no less fund. I rarely used preps and for it, died a hundred times. Yet I enjoyed even fighting without these. It was like playing a Sancless-healer, who has 2 zombies, and the non-area spells of an invoker! I think that best sums up the class minus the hiding ability.

When I begain as Aeria, I had never played an Outlander. Ending Aeria, I feel really great about the Outlander beliefs and factions. I saw the evil side as those easily distracted from the main enemies of thar-eris, and the good side as those who talked and negotiated too much with dwarves and paladins and the like when it was fruitless. I tried to express to those who were neutral that we must keep the focus and pull together the other factions for the fight for Thar-Eris. I also stressed the two-prong fight for the dismantling of order and the opposition of defilers which many an applicant knows!

I can't help but think the Outlanders are a great cabal and provides an option to a political system that needs a diversified route to take.

Goodbyes to follow!
49597, Farewells Part 1
Immortals First:

Amaranthe: You were great, thank you for the heartfelt goodbye after my last role entry. I really enjoyed all our roleplaying time and all the raven calls. Thank you for the namesake power and for the longer lasting durability needed for one who died way too much! My only discouragement was the long periods of time when I knew you were busy with real-life, but I can't complain for I WELL know how real-life can interfere with playing time. Overall, a wonderful experience, my first time ever following you and thanks again! I really enjoyed when you empowered Crugald through me as well!

Innis: Thank you for being there when I missed Amaranthe! Thanks also for taking my teasing in good stride. I really loved to tease your followers as well. You were a great immortal, but I STILL think the feast of Amaranthe is better!

Lyristeon/Sebeok: I never interacted with you much knowingly, but thank you for all the things you do behind the scenes!

Assorted Orcs: thank you for all the fun! It was a blast fighting low levels and I crazy fighting where I could only live two rounds at a time before fleeing! I'd keep at it until I would get you!

Jor: Thank you for the induction, even if you left me and up and deleted almost immediately! I appreciate the interaction.

Niazuruzain: Fun fights and I enjoyed trying to trap you. Necromancers I've always enjoyedh unting.

Serduk: Tough and was always there to have things go badly for me when I was fighting imperials.

Harlow and Lecsate: You both disappeared too early!

Ylnliun: It seemed after I joined there were a lot of druids. Then eventually they disappeared and druids were a rare commodity.

Ghutaal: CRAZY Anti-Paladin, fun fights, especially mid level! :)

Kasdenn: Tough fights that could go either way, I wish I knew what I did now back then, would have lived more :)

Zevsa: Good work playing a healer, catching you for the ultimate kill wasn't an easy task.

Ktephes: Always interesting hunting shadowwalkers

Bjurn: You were an ODD paladin! :) But good fighting when you did fight me...

Dulmisa: Couldn't catch you, amazing evasion in Barovia under full moon, moonbeam would have went a long way !

Razmorthin: You were the most fiersome conjurer I ever fought.

Quaern: Another of the druids it would have been nice to keep around!

Nethlin: I need to say thank you. Before you came along, I knew nothing of cities of aboleths, where to begin for duergar cities, and even whispers of ghoul tunnels or trips to hell. I hope to someday have the knowledge you have to draw upon, thank you for the brief time you gave me and the teases into future searching.

Trelant: One of my favorite orcs to hunt that stuck around!

Brindobrack: The fierce! Possibly the only hope of Grinning Skull, you tore things up and me often as not.

Gyhrean: Someone who died more than me...good fighting though, seems the competition got bitter fierce at the end.

Laenelis: One of the most memorable characters in my whole lifetime. You even have a spot in my role! I can't help but say I thought you were great for Outlanders and appreciated your strong sense of self and beliefs. Great fighting, and enjoyed our interactions, even when we both fell one after the other to Gryshniliar.

Gryshniliar: Fierce fierce fierce, made me wonder if I'll ever grasp warriors, because you made slaughtering people with misdirection look easy. When you said your legacies, I flat out didn't believe you ooc :) I was wrong...shiver.

Tredyn: Oh tredyn, the light side of every dark time. You were the best of all the sunwards and just great to have around. I really enjoyed our times together and thought you brought a lot to the good side of the refuge.
49602, RE: Farewells Part 1
Posted by A2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Laenelis: One of the most memorable characters in my whole lifetime. You even have a spot in my role! I can't help but say I thought you were great for Outlanders and appreciated your strong sense of self and beliefs. Great fighting, and enjoyed our interactions, even when we both fell one after the other to Gryshniliar.

I'm glad I left a good impression, everything about the character was new territory for me. It was nice having people respect my religious beliefs (so I wasn't forced to kill anyone over it). I remember being in hero range, almost the lone high level outlander with a couple of exceptions, and then there was the low-mid level woodelf druid explosion (an explosion for druids anyway, like 4 of them in the low ranks) with you being one of them. The entire time I'm like great, a hoard of huggy fluffy bunny-petting tree-hugging hippies. Then I saw you with your breaker of grinning skulls title and I expected good things. Which you delivered on. It sucks that the roleplay of my char dictated I stay distanced really from almost everyone and the restrictions of being a Grurk druid kept us from traveling together too much. All in all, I thought you rocked as Harbinger (and leader spots really do suck so I'm glad you got it).

About Gryshniliar? I watched him rock you, so I hit him, and he tore me up, so I fled. I'm like, stone skin + shield = his ass is mine. So then I looted my corpse...

Then dealing with you as Thestune was fun, especially just coming off a couple hundred hours with a druid knowing the tricks of the trade and being a healer it gave me more of a chance to feel you out from the opposition side. That one night you tossed like 10 hunts at my group was good times.

I had hoped to run into Aeria and deal with her with my current character but it seems that is not meant to be. Looking forward to your next character.
49606, RE: Farewells Part 1
Posted by Karel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I said it way back in my Nethlin farewell, but I'll say it again, fighting against you or with you was great, just all around solid. Wish I had it in me to stick around longer, but what you thank me for is probably my greatest curse. You play long enough you see and learn so much there isn't any mystery or excitement left in it. So take it slow, don't let anyone just rush you through, take the time to do it by yourself and it'll be fun a lot longer. Which means I should stop rushing people through places =P
49609, Wow
Posted by Ghutaal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I cant believe you remembered me, you were one foe I could not ever ever ever take down and finish EVER. And this is way before you had pets. Just knew you were going to be a monster. I enjoyed the roleplay with you, whether or not you realized I was roleplaying (most people just thuoght I was flaming but hell, I thought I was trying to stay in character).
Anyway, fun fun fun fights and a well done badass character.

NbM
49619, Great job Miss.
Posted by Grysh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For some reason I had a feeling you were a woman OOC...am I right? Don't take it personally if I'm wrong, just a hunch!

Anyway great job, it's been so long since we were tussling all over the wilderness near the Fort, but those were great memories. I specifically recall the time I was fighting you and Laenelis on the Open sea. It was absolute chaos and one of the few times Grysh really 'lost it' and went crazy with the bloodshed. But poor old unempowered dwarf pally that got killed pissed him off.

I would pay big money for that log, I swear!

Ok, well great job, you were truly a pillar of this game for the past half a year.

I hope you roll something up after a deep breath and a nice break.

Gl!
49620, Wow...
Posted by Tredyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, i always thought the best of you:)I've been in Outtie a bunch of times, and well, I think we had some of the best times i've had. Well just about I think anyway:) You were easily one of tredynes closest companions, and well he was always trying to get a little closer to you. I'm glad you liked having me around and didnt get annoyed with me:). Sorry I quit out on you, thinking back, I realise how I miss having him about:P. Well, i'm kinda retired from CF, but just reading your goodbyes almost makes me want to roll another Outlander. So who knows what will happen. Well Aeria, easily one of the greatest characters i've had the pleasure of playing alongside, and against! As I did play Chakru as well. Well, best of luck with your next, or whatever comes in life. Well done:)
49626, Nice one
Posted by Lightmage on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I cant remember all the chars we interacted with.

Alidove (Osprey/Hyena I think) had some fights.

Remoldezaire (conjie)

Thmauddhot (drow healer) Briefly...

must be more in there. Anyhow, you were cool to have around. Druids just dont seem very scary, but with you playing one, I had to be on my toes. You were like a village berserker in a cute wood-elf suit. :P
49633, RE: Farewells Part 1
Posted by Dullvega on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You really gave me a whooping said time and after that I was very careful when I had a feeling you were around. Con death is the way to go and you did it marvellously well I belive. Good luck with your next and for my currentchars sake, I hope you aren't as lethal as Aeria was.
49646, You'll be missed...
Posted by Amaranthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I meant what we said when we last spoke, OOC as well as IC. I really *wanted* to just give you infinitely more con and have you live and lead until you age-died - but you had lived a full, robust life and had already been given more than your share of con and all that, and at some point we as imms can only coddle our favorite characters so much before we have to let them go the way of the "natural laws" as we have defined them. Anyways, I was also getting a general sense that, as much as you loved the character yourself, even you were ready to let things end and move on to something new. 600+ hours over the course of 7+ months of play is a lot for anyone to stick with one character.

When you first came to my shrine I made the assumption there'd be another l'il girly elf wood elf druid character. I have empowered tons of them, and most don't last past level 20. My, nothing could have been further from the truth. As one of your enemies once called you "a thorn-covered, fire-eyed she-devil", and it made me laugh out loud to hear it, because it was true - at least from the perspective of your enemies. From the perspective of allies, you proved to be a wise mentor and respected leader.

Very few followers truly embrace whole variety of the aspects of my religion, but you did. If I had it in my nature to title someone an "Avatar", you would have been it.

I'm glad you enjoyed the character, religion, and cabal, and I regret I couldn't give Aeria more consistent attention over the course of her long and illustrious career. I enjoyed it when I could, though, and I always looked forward to having an opportunity to interact with my favorite druid.
49658, good druid...
Posted by Quaern on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah it was fun running about with for a brief time, if I remember right Quaern was in hero range when you were first getting inducted and I didnt stick around too much after that, mainly I didnt like being one of 3 druids.. seems anytime I roll something more come, it happen with Parantl my outtie invoker, reggie and another one popped up. At first did not think you were too familiar with druids, I remember telling you a few cow spots to get certain ones, especially the wolverine ;).. but I was very impressed with how you turned into this pk machine... was fun to see... in fact I played a trib warrior who you hunted down... you spored and thornhearted me, I ran to get rid of them, did not even pay attention to the moonphase, then I heard the clap ;) you must have had atleast 3 or 4 sets of offensive herbs, think I last about 1.5rounds with the hunt...

Anyways good job, especially with 608 hours wow, hope you play another outlander soon..

Bye

Zandorix
49659, Hi there!
Posted by Niazuruzain on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heyas. We surely had fun. Think I managed to kill you a couple of times, but you caugth me with a hunt once - if I'm not mistaken. Anyhow, nice char. We even talked, though our talks couldn't lead anywhere.

Since time Niazuruzain died to elixir I did not play and only returned a couple of weeks ago. I've been surprised to see you still alive!

Good luck with your next... and don't stay on my way now! ;)
I'd post some logs on DIo's, but I've got banned there for some reason (says I'm not welcome there). So no chance.
49665, RE: Farewells Part 1
Posted by Innis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Quite a memorable character overall. I did detect a fondness for the Fort folks...perhaps a holdover from a previous character? :P I would enjoy seeing you challenge by stepping over to the darkside with a non-nature character, and see if you could pull it off. Right now, you play a darned good druid. Great job.
49599, Farewells Part 2
Nivult: You were IMPOSSIBLE to catch you slippering thing! How many times did you escape? 30?

Ferculla: I had fire seeds with your name on them :) It seems we were fighting since the 30's.

Rowan: Another tough healer in a string of tough healers

Crugald: Ahh, we met with you being empowered through me at what...level 5? And I enjoyed watching your life as an evil follower of Amaranthe. You were agressive and it was all I could do not to be drawn in against enemies of yours that I did not consider enemies.

Drifelda: Fun times and it seems you only got better the more we fought together.

Kaisse: How could I NOT fight someone who put FATE above all else? But I usually died doing it and think I only got you once. You also had a spot in my role!

Sylus: tough imperial warrior, hard hitting

Ilimya: Another in my role whom I greatly gave props to for doing so well hunting alone.

Sizzian: reminded me a lot of Kasdenn with similar fights and techniques!

Kipli: A great friend and ally, thank you for sticking it out the time you did.

Vincero: You were fierce and potential instant death. I hope you enjoyed our fights and I relish the couple times I got you back in retribution. I had some hard deaths to you.

Brinrok: You crazy zealot! I hope that was all IC angst! Had fun opposing your dwarven bones.

Grunlath and Schuylar: Both of you were extroardinarily tough and when a component of an enemy group, I usually fell.

Ikajio: You seemed to be headed places but gave up too soon.

Alriac: Tough and plain deathful when with Brinrok.

Thrugald: Easily my bestest friend! Thanks for the long bouts of roleplaying and the fun times we had! You are in my role and I even referred to you many a time later in life mistaking my bearded giant for you!

Haageran: Had fun hunting you, died some bad deaths, especially that time I was lagged from planting in balator!

Morasfenmire: Despite the complaints on your name, I loved your character and thought you added a very needed dark side to outlander. I loved our losoe alliance as well.

Mhardat: Like the good version of Crugald! You were agressive and fun to fight with, but I almost strangled you the few times you treated me like an 8 year old priestess!

Nysveld: Great times trying to hunt and be hunted.

Vorlan: There are shapeshifters, and then shapeshifters. You were so fierce and deathful I saw engagement as you unless in perfect conditions and a coin toss with death.

raen: You could be counted on.

Zhalindra: Had skirmishes that lasted late into the night hours and all across thera.

Fielstithian: You were such a great friend. And it seemed you increased tenfold in skill by the end of your life. I'll never forget our fights with vincero and vorlan and our defenses.

Wakazula: Another whom I enjoyed whose time was too brief.

Korasiva: Thanks for being there when we needed you in raids. I'm sorry you died so much, you were more agressive than even I!

Xzarg: Orc that lasted a long time to give an old priestess something to do!

Bolen: You were like tredyn light and while I didn't know you nearly as well sure thought you were well played.

Cabdru: Fierce...and if you are Istendil, then I've been dying to you since Crystanthia and haven't stopped yet :)

Caroolth: What an amazing rivalry! You got me so many times with viscious cranials I could do little about! You were as gung ho as me, and sometimes had dying streaks like me too! Well played, fought, and great adversary!

Saroiya: A paladin I enjoyed hunting who became nye unkillable at the end of her life!

Lumsvud: You were a solid ranger whom I wish would have sticked it out. Sorry about that night ;) I was trying to herbs you so very hard! And you were trying SO HARD to get away on that tainted ground. You don't know how hard it was to finally catch up to your fast evasion and herbs you for the kill!!!! ;) grumble

Dezmonthal: You always seemed to have no luck with me. I've never seen such a crispy critter ;)

Erisen: It was sure nice having a competent bard who would sway the big group fights.

Jeril: You were a great late addition to outlander in my later life.

Kcia: I'll miss you wolf

Xoregh: A tough fighter whom I had to keep on my toes to overcome. Traps were very thought out for you.

Nreisshe: You are the teeth and claws of the night. You play a ranger as it should be played and let none other disuade you of that.

Thank you all! I KNOW I forgot people, but did my best, even those who were significant, post and I'll reply!

49601, I wish I had seen you more
Posted by Klemle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You are such a strong roleplayer and great all around character that it would have been great to see you more. I used to see you early on, but it waned there toward the end. Great job with everything you did.
49603, Blessed be
Posted by Thrugald on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think you definetly play this game as it is meant to be played, and your reward for that is the obvious enjoyment you get out of your characters. I'm grateful I had the chance to spend so much time Aeria....as I said in my deletion post you delayed my death by many hours, but in the end the temptations of real life coupled with hearing some things about my character and others that annoyed me ooc proved too great.

Thanks for the bearded forest guardians, your kind words regarding my rp, and most of all the hours of fun times. Unlike your garden-variety Herald/Fortress rp-tron, yours was exquisite; entertaining and thought-provoking with adventure and death mixed in :-)

I hope you get a chance to play another character soon!
49604, RE: Farewells Part 2
Posted by Nreisshe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Urrgh, agh, take two, now with 50% less words. Windows decided to bluescreen unexpectedly (haven't had those in a few months) when I was almost done writing a reply.

So. Last on the list, but not least, I hope. Even if our times didn't match up that often, it was good when they did. Just having a strong ally around somewhere is inspiring, and of the few times we teamed up... I fondly remember that episode with the imperials in Holy Grove.

For what it's worth, Aeria was the only character Nreisshe's opened up with somewhat, you were just that respect-inducing for her, being wise, strong and other such things. Thanks in particular for the forest-talk while we were bored, and for the last words before you faded away.

Good job.
49605, Kaisse vs Aeria, rough match up.
Posted by Yhorian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
On the one hand, you were a harsh priest. Priests usually tool villagers.

On the other hand, entwine was almost an insta-kill with you :P

I have to say, after taking one nasty death from a snare and hearing 'He's got an orderly aura' - I didn't even need my old equipment back. I stole a full set of darkened equipment when I entwined you. I could understand your fervor to get it back, but suicide against me twice more? I really felt sorry then...

You were awesome with the roleplay, even if you had a rough pk match up. Part of me is glad that I could beat you. Other parts boggle at how one skill so completely messes up a druid. I'm sure I'll see you again, I was sad I couldn't get another hero to mess about with you before you xx-ed.

I really hope you're my ally next time around. I got to see it from your side with my invoker experiment, Oerka, and I loved it. Thanks.

Yhorian.
49661, I also read your role. Nice.
Posted by Kaisse on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Excellent work, you actually worked me into it very much how I was. I liked the dreamscape deal - original, held my interest and got your point across firmly. The whole role was so interesting I read it from start to finish. There seemed to be chunks cut off by some page limit, so it felt a bit 'short' in places where I think I missed a good story. Glad you got a role contest reward, because you deserved it 100%. See you in the fields.

Yhorian.

PS - I still had to cackle at Drok's comment :P
49607, RE: Farewells Part 2
Posted by Alenysi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hmm, I am not sure what to say, quite honestly, so I'll just start rambling and hope something coherent comes out of it.

I have interacted with Aeria with two characters, and more so with the previous one(ironically enough, since she was from a different cabal), but I can honestly say both times you had exquisite roleplay. At times, I would get frustrated, since we did not necessarily see to eye(I am still trying to figure out if there is any reason for a goodie outtie to attack a paladin, outside of a tribunal one), but that was because you were unwilling to bend your role(at least as far as I thought). Like that one time where a large dragon from...Jagad I think, went to the Desert. You were there causing more mischief then the dragon, hah! I remember you coming to me after I woke with a healing sleep and having me group with you. After I healed you and put a sanctuary on you, you went on to chase a paladin. Hah, good times. Alenysi, to say the least, was not happy.

You have had some hard knocks throughout your life, but despite this you put out the hurt quite often yourself. I could never amount to you in terms of PK...I am too soft hearted. The only regret I have about imming so fast with Alenysi is that I was unable to interact with yourself and a few other exceptionally played outlanders. In any case, good luck with your next(if there is one)...and if I play a mortal, don't beat me up too much.

-Alenysi
49608, RE: Farewells Part 2
Apologies for not innitiating comments, it was only because I was mostly using the graveyard to remember people throughout my lifetime.

I definately loved interacting with your character though you seemed awkward to be able to speak to once an immortal because I know there had to be seperation there.

I loved your side of things with Morasfenmire and all that. I thought you each played polar opposites as you should and you played your part well and held your beliefs well.

I agree that most goodie outlanders should NOT attack paladins, but that doesn't mean a Harbinger shouldn't disagree with their beliefs and at accordingly :) So it worked as it was suppose to, I attacked the wellsprings of order and you complained about it ;)
49610, Heh
Posted by Ikajio on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Arial AP's arnt for me, especially in the hero range. Again, well done

NbM
49638, Very well done.
Posted by Mhardat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Do you remember that fight with Caroolth in Galadon? Lightning bolts fun? :)

You were an awesome ally, raids, defences. And about treating you like 8 year old pristess...God damn! I was an elder! :) I should admit, it was fun to annoy you and some other chars within outlanders
in that way. :)

Very well done. And good luck on your next.

49673, RE: Farewells Part 2
Posted by Quixotic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Fielstithian: You were such a great friend. And it seemed you
>increased tenfold in skill by the end of your life. I'll
>never forget our fights with vincero and vorlan and our
>defenses.

I improved a little and I appreciate your encouraging words, but there is so much yet for me to learn.

I absolutely loved raiding and defending with Aeria. After I got a feel for your hit and run style, I felt to my bones that we would tear to shreds whomever we fought even though you and I spent little time within the same room. No other character I've fought alongside, with this character or with others, within Outlanders or without, has filled we with such a sense of confidence. Despite our lack of orchestration, I always knew to my core that we would succeed in whatever objective was at hand--we might seem to be running pell-mell like chickens before the fox, but in the end we were usually the ones left standing. Aeria's own prowess was responsible for that.

More important than your ability to slay was your ability to lead without commanding. No character I've fought alongside has created the esprit d' corps as Aeria managed to do. Largely I think it was because you were willing to take risks alongside your allies, and Aeria were very good about offering support when Fielstithian became poisoned or plagued or was within heartbeats of dying. Too many "leaders" neither take risks nor care a jot for the well-being of those whom they are to be leading.

You fought, you led, and you roleplayed at any lull in the action. You met with young Outlanders and you took time for the older members, consistently in character and ever inspiring.

I will miss the times we had together, and this player looks forward to future battlefields with you upon them.

Fielstithian
49611, Saves
Posted by Nivek1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I must have been unlucky as hell. After missing all these supps, I went on diku's page and started counting your saves. I still can't fathom how I missed this many.

This was the best fight I ever had against you. Good job all around.

7 blinds, 4 curses

dOutside the West Gate

<610hp 410m 467mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> dd
They aren't here.

<610hp 410m 467mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> whe
scPeople near you:
Mentok At the Altar
Aedon Dojo
Zelgadis By the Temple Altar
(PK) Djohmi Outside the West Gate
Semprae The Training Grounds and Battlefield
Saskrin Park Road
(PK) Aeria Inside the West Gate
Aeria has arrived.

<610hp 410m 467mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> sca e
dYou scan east.
You yell 'Die, Aeria, you sorcerous dog!'
Aeria narrows her eyes and glares in your direction.
Aeria parries your wrath.
Aeria is in perfect health.

<610hp 410m 467mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> dd

Your chest begins to heal as the thorns die.

<621hp 431m 501mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> You narrow your eyes and glare in Aeria's
direction.
You failed to blind Aeria.

<621hp 426m 501mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)>
Your wrath misses Aeria.
Aeria's crush wounds you.

<602hp 426m 501mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> com cur
Aeria darts toward you with a sharp seed in her hand!
Aeria's thornheart misses you.

<602hp 426m 501mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> com curse
You narrow your eyes and glare in Aeria's
direction.
Your curse failed to take effect.

<602hp 406m 501mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)>
Your shield blocks Aeria's crush.

<602hp 406m 501mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> com bli

<602hp 406m 501mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> You narrow your eyes and glare in Aeria's
direction.

<602hp 401m 501mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)>
Aeria's crush injures you.
You parry Aeria's crush.

<586hp 401m 501mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> l ae

Aeria darts toward you with a sharp seed in her hand!
You howl in agony as Aeria embeds a sharp seed in your chest!
Aeria's thornheart hits you.
Aeria stops your wrath with a solid blow.

<574hp 401m 501mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> Beautiful as a dawning sunrise, before you
stands a female wood-elf slight
and delicate in stature. Yet though she is small and slight, her eyes burn
with a fierce fire of will and an aura of power exudes from her.

Her skin is of a rustic tan that seems to speak of many sunny days spent
beneath the skies, yet her hair is as dark as the deepest of night skies.
Wild and unkept, it flows about her with a will of its own, only surpassed by
this young wood-elf's spirit.

Despite the amount of clothes she chooses to wear or not wear at any given
time, her wrists and hair are wrapped in ivy, garnished with the most
beautiful of exotic flowers. Like silver lining the clouds or sprays of mist
on the ocean waves, they only enhance the beauty that nature has created in
its child.

Around her neck hangs the only other and perhaps most significant adornment,
a wood-carved medallion etched to show an ornate mandala surrounded by the
maiden, the mother, and the crone.

Aeria, a female wood-elf, is in perfect health.

Aeria is using:
<worn on finger> the ring of Wisdom
<worn on finger> a black and white striped heartstone ring
<worn around neck> a topaz stone necklace
<worn around neck> a topaz stone necklace
<worn on body> the hide of the Ancient Blue Dragon
<worn on head> a captain's hat
<worn on face> a primitive fertility mask
<worn on legs> (Glowing) a set of arborian leggings
<worn on hands> a pair of earth-toned gloves
<worn on arms> midnight dragon armguards
<worn as shield> a patrolman's steel shield
<worn about body> (Glowing) Robes of the Grand Druid
<worn about waist> a wide bronze belt
<worn around wrist> an engraved silver bracelet
<worn around wrist> an engraved silver bracelet
<wielded> (Humming) a black hammer

<574hp 401m 501mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> com b

<556hp 401m 501mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> com bli
direction.

<556hp 396m 501mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> !

Your wrath misses Aeria.

<556hp 396m 501mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> You narrow your eyes and glare in Aeria's
direction.

<556hp 391m 501mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> !

You parry Aeria's crush.

<556hp 391m 501mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> , shakesYou narrow your eyes and glare in Aeria's
direction.

<556hp 386m 501mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> , shakes his head in won
Aeria's crush injures you.

<540hp 386m 501mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> , shakes his head in wond
Aeria conjures up a cloud of spores, but it harmlessly floats away.

<540hp 386m 501mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> , shakes his head in wonderment.
Djohmi shakes his head in wonderment.

<540hp 386m 501mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)>
Aeria's crush misses you.

<540hp 386m 501mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> com

<540hp 386m 501mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> com bli
direction.

<540hp 381m 501mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> !

Your wrath misses Aeria.

<522hp 381m 501mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> com

<522hp 381m 501mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> com curseYou narrow your eyes and glare in Aeria's
direction.
You feel a tearing pain from within as the thorny plant's growth continues.
Your thornheart grazes you.

<526hp 393m 535mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> com curse
Aeria deflects your wrath with her shield.
You parry Aeria's crush.
You parry Aeria's crush.

<526hp 393m 535mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> com curse

<526hp 393m 535mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> You narrow your eyes and glare in Aeria's
direction.

<526hp 373m 535mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> !

You parry Aeria's crush.

<526hp 373m 535mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> 'I

<526hp 373m 535mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> 'I canYou narrow your eyes and glare in Aeria's
direction.

<526hp 353m 535mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> 'I can'
Your wrath MUTILATES Aeria!
You parry Aeria's crush.
Aeria's hammer unleashes a bolt of lightning!
Aeria thrusts her hand forward as a brilliant shaft of lightning lurches toward
you.
Aeria's lightning bolt hits you.
Aeria has a few scratches.

<517hp 353m 535mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> '

<517hp 353m 535mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> 'W
Your wrath misses Aeria.
Aeria's crush misses you.

<517hp 353m 535mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> 'Weird.
You say 'Weird.'

<517hp 353m 535mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> com

<517hp 353m 535mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> com fat
You swat Aeria's crush away with your shield.
Aeria's hammer unleashes a bolt of lightning!
Aeria thrusts her hand forward as a brilliant shaft of lightning lurches toward
you.
Aeria's lightning bolt devastates you!

<486hp 353m 535mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> com fat
direction.
Your fatigue MASSACRES Aeria!
Aeria has some small but disgusting cuts.

<486hp 318m 535mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> !

<486hp 318m 535mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)>
You parry Aeria's crush.

<486hp 318m 535mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> You narrow your eyes and glare in Aeria's
direction.
Aeria is covered with bleeding wounds.

<486hp 283m 535mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> !

<486hp 283m 535mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> You narrow your eyes and glare in Aeria's
direction.

<486hp 248m 535mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> c
You parry Aeria's crush.
A thunder clap rumbles out of Aeria's hammer!
A loud ringing fills your ears...you can't hear anything!

<486hp 248m 535mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> com fat
direction.
Aeria leaves west.
Aeria has fled!

<486hp 213m 535mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> w
fThe Western Crossroads

A sign points west towards Feanwyyn Weald.

<486hp 213m 534mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> ss
They aren't here.

<486hp 213m 534mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> whe
w
wPeople near you:
(PK) Djohmi The Western Crossroads

Autosaving.
The white aura around your body fades.
You feel a tearing pain from within as the thorny plant's growth continues.
Your thornheart hits you.

<489hp 223m 568mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> whA Crumbling Road

<489hp 223m 567mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> whe
People near you:
(PK) Djohmi A Crumbling Road
(PK) Aeria The Edge of the Feanwyyn Weald

<489hp 223m 567mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> sca a
You scan north.
***** Range 1 *****
Aeria is here.

You scan south.
You scan east.
You scan west.
***** Range 1 *****
A weary human lumberjack trudges down the road, axe slung over his shoulder.

You scan up.
You scan down.

<489hp 223m 567mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> n

Aeria has arrived.

<489hp 223m 567mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> The Edge of the Feanwyyn Weald

<489hp 223m 563mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> ss
s
sThey aren't here.

<489hp 223m 563mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> ss
A Crumbling Road

Aeria is here.

<489hp 223m 559mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> Aeria's lips move, but you can't make out
the words.
You narrow your eyes and glare in Aeria's direction.

<489hp 188m 559mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)>
Your mind spins as Aeria fills your lungs with poisonous spores!

<489hp 188m 559mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)>
You parry Aeria's crush.
You parry Aeria's crush.

<489hp 188m 559mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> ss
direction.
Aeria leaves.
Aeria has fled!

<489hp 153m 559mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> sca a
You scan north.
You scan south.
You scan east.
You scan west.
***** Range 1 *****
A weary human lumberjack trudges down the road, axe slung over his shoulder.

You scan up.
You scan down.

<489hp 153m 559mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> whe
People near you:
(PK) Djohmi A Crumbling Road
(PK) Aeria The Edge of the Feanwyyn Weald

<489hp 153m 559mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)>
Aeria has arrived.

<489hp 153m 559mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)>
The thorny plants spring up around you, entangling your legs!
Aeria's entanglement DISMEMBERS you!
Aeria is gushing blood.

<431hp 153m 279mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> ss

Aeria dodges your wrath.
Aeria's blow to your shield leaves your arm ringing.
Aeria is gushing blood.

<431hp 153m 279mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)> You narrow your eyes and glare in Aeria's
direction.
Aeria is writhing in agony.

<431hp 118m 279mv 15233tnl (-24.35%)>
Aeria leaves.
Aeria has fled!
49612, RE: Saves
Dwarf shaman were you not? :)

We had some fun fights...if it makes you feel better...look at how often I missed spores/thornhearts.

Primordival Vengeance, Spores, and thornheart seem to be highly save dependant, like the necromancers forget spell. Against powerhouse save characters I could rarely land these.

49613, I hate the hunt :( nt
Posted by Wederdun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
49624, It was fun...
Posted by Harlow on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What more is there to say? You've set a fairly high bar for yourself now, I can only hope that if I play again, you're on the same side I am.

Outlanders are fun precisely because nobody ever follows orders. I still remember Fereksah's plans that, like mine (another, earlier Outtie), always went awry. It's a crapload more fun than playing politics in all of the other cabals.

That was the hard thing about inducting folks I found...allowing for disparate beliefs as long as they could be shaped around the ideal of Thar-Eris. I didn't want everone to sound exactly like me. Oh yeah, did I mention I was Bolen too? (*mutters about the Tredyn light comment*)
49631, Someone grab her PBF? I'd do it, but still no paypal. ...
Posted by Unimportant on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
(n/t)
49635, Bye Aeria!
Posted by Theannian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You forgot the stumbling healer who failed to save you thrice! Of Outlanders, you were the one often hunting, moving around in great speed so that I had trouble of keeping up at times. Aeria was pretty much balls to the walls and not afraid to die, though I can't help hoping that you would have stalled the fight a bit at the times you were killed while I was resting or whether I would have still survived if I had done that co wo ae before of quickly wording out from Spire after my sanc fell in there. Losing both you and Scarlok there was a shameful moment in Theannian's life. I never saw it coming in those cases. Maybe the healer was chump instead of champ(I'm enjoying the class, though)? Travelling with you was fun, though.

Aeria seemed like one of those darker(in the more grim sense) Amaranthe druids, Sphere Death? I liked your RP, you were the driving force of Outlanders fight-wise and one of the few who ever asked for healer help. Aeria was a formidable druid, maybe the most formidable I've seen so far, but her weak point was that she was a bit too reckless for her own good. Or so it felt like from the healer perspective. Those 'saving Aeria from the gang'-situations were a lot of fun, like the one in the Open Sea, though my ability to find out what is going on was hampered by not being able to see you in group(just me and the treant there). Good luck with your next!

Theannian Daethelien
49674, RE: Thank you everyone!
Posted by Kharghurln on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Our only real interactions were fights, which is cool, as I figure the Empress and any Outlander leader have to be mortal enemies. One fight in particular comes to mind, that being while I was ranking in the Ruins of the Deep, and you came after the three of us - all of whom were in your range. It was pretty close, and I think we got you to flee, but I was amazed you kept coming even after the element of surprise was totally gone. You had some serious guts, and weren't afraid to make your own odds - mad props for that. I know I kept one eye on the moon phase after that fight! Good luck with your next - hope it isn't another druid!
49594, What a relief
Posted by Gerandiel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wasn't looking forward to being hunted by a tough druid that rp wouldn't let me kill even if I got the chance.

Incidentally some critical supps fell just before that fight, but I that was probably made up for by me knowing where there were some snowstorms.