Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [SCION] Robizar Swiftlurk the Unseen
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=49461
49461, (DELETED) [SCION] Robizar Swiftlurk the Unseen
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Jul 17 22:54:45 2006

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Robizar perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:thief
Level:46
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:185
49462, An interesting run
Posted by Kamuela_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As frustrating as he was at times, Robizar was my most successful pk char to date, at least. I rolled him to see if thief was a class I enjoyed at all, and didn't really like them that much...at least until level 25. From there on, Robi kinda snowballed, as he got a lot of good breaks, and no bad beats early on. I debated deleting him a couple times in the teen ranks, and I guess I'm glad I didn't.

Things also got more interesting once I got into Scion, and I liked my abilities for landing kills on weaker players. What I disliked is that thug thieves seem quite inept at landing kills on strong chars, especially at hero. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but it seemed like I just needed something a little extra, and I think I would have to have chosen a differant thief path to have gotten that little kick.

All in all, Robi was a success in my eyes, and he was fun to fight with up until 42, when most of the people he fought tended to fall into the range of "stronger characters", who I couldn't disable, or draw even with using gutshot/poison, or with blackjack/slow.

I tended to avoid interacting with people on Robi, mostly because I just really have trouble getting into a chaotic evil role, so I kept interactions to a minimum so I was at least not completely breaking the role. I still tended to leave full corpses, and speak highly of others, unless I was really having a good rp day.

I intended to get him to hero, but finding people to rank with became difficult once I joined Scion. Those that wouldn't kill me if they knew I was a scion would often endanger me out of stupidity or lack of foresight. Many of them got killed by higher level goodies or outlanders as well. I was warned numerous times about levelsitting, but rarely would levelling have been more productive in my eyes than what I was doing, nor would it have been more enjoyable with the available options.

Couple goodbyes, surely not a comprehensive list:
Scions --

Jastren: Like usual, you are all about going for pk, all the time. I didn't like feeling forced into bad situations, but at least hanging with you always left the adrenaline flowing.

Crulvane: I didn't expect much from you after that little meeting in Azuremain, but I guess it's hard to tell much from a shifter at that level. I was pleasantly surprised by everything after that, and Robi liked having an unimposing, yet bloodthirsty leader.

Vens: Robi never liked you, as all you did was badger him about this and that. He never took favorably to direct orders.

Krundig: Would have liked to get to know you better, but didn't see you enough, and couldn't speak to you when you were around.

Others:
Svirf heralds: Thanks for helping me gear Robi. He really sucked vs mobs, even with a nightwalker to tank for him. Needed your help a few times to get pieces he desired :)

Brinton: I hate fighting thieves, but at least you didn't tend to steal much from me when we fought. We had some good times, but too often, one of us getting the jump meant the other had to get out of dodge quickly, and made for short fights

Adhelard: Sorry we never got to fight. I know you got sick of me killing the newer fort members and retrieving while you had to watch, and I'm sure you would have wiped the floor with me as soon as I was in pk range. Scared me away, maybe? :)

Sorry to those I didn't mention, I remember you all, but don't feel like writing a book here. Feel free to post any thoughts or questions, and I'll certainly respond.
49466, Nice job
Posted by Crulvane on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Unimposing!!! I exude imposing.

Seriously though, I thought Robizar was a well done char. I remember a few raids where you would pop out, trip the hell out of someone and off they go near dead. Made for some easy pick offs for my eagle form. I would have liked to have seen you hero up. Certain chars are much harder to rank and I think thief is one of them. Especially Scion, with 95% of your range being lightwalkers, Outlanders, Imperials, or people you have killed in the past.

ANyhow, good job.