Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Aelisoc Venator the Disciple of Ancient Ways
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=49148
49148, (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Aelisoc Venator the Disciple of Ancient Ways
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Jun 30 23:17:38 2006

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Aelisoc perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:warrior
Level:49
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:175
49150, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Aelisoc Venator the Disciple of Ancient Ways
Posted by Igsoeh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, that was a fun ride. I ate a cheap ass death for my last one, *fistshake Derliaede*, but hey, thems the breaks. Also, I was immediately logged off after I died, no hour or half hour or whatever. Oh well. Only Ysaloerye around anyway. Heh, she was the only one around when Ulthinius went down. What to say. I should have chosen hands instead of daggers as my second spec, I should have practiced all the other weapons alot more, particularly whips and flails, damn you Xoregh. Warriors definetly fit my suicidal style much more than assassins. I'm gonna try a few more out. I didn't get into battle until about 35ish, and up until then, I didn't get many kills, died to a lot of ganging in the early going, mostly because I would attack groups. That and Nysrogh, I think he personally accounted for at least three or four con points all by his lonesome. After I got into the village and Lerimos told me to use some "prudence" I went on a winning streak. I died only a handful of times and landed a lot of kills, granted I snaked some kills on unprotected mages but, hey, good times anyway. Then I powerranked with Burgg and Chirp from 43 to 49, and the good times were over. Maybe three or four kills, MAYBE, probably not even that, at 49, and six or seven points of con straight down the drain. My memory isn't excellent with this stuff, so I could be wrong, but thats what it felt like. Guess we'll see when my PBF comes up, which if someone can get, I'll get you one some other time, my computer is a little sick and I'm trying not to do any bank/personal related stuff on it. Thanks in advance. Chose Incarnadine Wave for my first, and I might just pick that the first time every time I play a warrior in the futre, I absolutely love it. Cry of Thunder for number two, and I like it, but I think there are a few other choices that would have suited Aelisoc better. Next time I play a berserker, I'm gonna thirst a lot more. On to goodbyes.

Kastellyn- Nice little talk in the War Room, would I have gotten the con quest if I had heroed? I love battle and will be back after I do an exploring character.

Ordasen- Not much interaction, but I enjoyed your presence and left you lots of hunting gifts.

Dalteric- Thanks for the role contest nod, like I said with Ulthinius, roles are always my favorite part of the character.

Grurk- That time I attacked Nysrogh and you said from the shadows, "Brave villager" after I had lost to him lord knows how many times, that was cool.

Imms in general- As always, an awesome game, I learned alot with Aelisoc, and I realize what a newb I am in total game knowledge, I can get most places and know a lot of history, but I haven't even scratched the surface of the content out there, hopefully with my next I'll change that. Thanks again.

Lerimos- Excellent as always, that pillar has a place with your name on it I'm sure. Sorry I died so much, I hope you live long enough for me to get another villager with you still in the village.

Burrgyn- Thanks for all the help ranking, I ended up with the same legacies as you. Where the hell have you been lately though?

Chirrpiku- The other power-ranker. Thanks a bunch, you are a good bard and I like the way you play an arial. Another one I haven't seen since before I went underway.

Slissin- Hey you bastard soddin cat! Where'd you run off to? Good times with you, ecspecially when you were trying to impress Gorrnar.

Gorrnar- Kind of a mentor along with Burrg and Delakan for Aelisoc, thanks man, good job was sad to see you go.

Delakan- You are flat out mean dude. Good fights and thanks for the talks, you helped the doomed experiment called Aelisoc quite a bit.

Krag- Aelisoc would NOT have stabbed you in the back for a power move like that bastard drow Ulthinius. Liked you man, good job.

Friarr- Good times with you too, your a beast. I REALLY wanted to go explore the silent tower, but, as you can see, I really was in terrible health. Excellent drillmaster.

Rektath- Do good man, you are the only one of the handful I talked to that actually did the task of learning about a villager similair to yourself and following through. I know that was a hard task, but the village was/is pretty full and that was a way to prove dedication, sorry if anyone got turned off/screwed by that.

Draixen- Good times man, hope you like the new rangers. Good sparring too. Think we evened up.

I know I'm forgetting some villagers, I'm sorry, just yell at me.

Brinton- Lots of good times, was hoping to pick your brain on some places like Organia, but you up and deleted on me. You were mean.

Eacer- Good times Chef! Liked our adventures and the roleplay at the Inn, an excellent choice for High Herald, maybe I'll put my exploring character in the Inn!

Other allies, I may be forgetting some too, again, just yell, sorry.

Nysrogh- Like I said, personally responsible for quite a few con points. You were a beast early. We didn't fight in the middle, or even much when you were a spectre. You liched, I find you on the north road and kick your ass. Here I'm thinkin rock on, I don't suck, I'm making a lich run. Next fight, you run again as Lerimos and I engage in running 1v1 fights with you up north. Lerimos says allright, he's not very strong, no need to fight him with more than one right now. The next night, scratch that, show no mercy. You got powerful quick. Then started rolling me for real, with or without your army. Stupid scourge. Rock on man, Grurk followers mostly kick ass.

Vens- Aelisoc + kot and kans = dead. Aelisoc + kot and kans + bloodthirst = not dead, run away Vens. Great fighting man, I totally should have destroyed your stuff in Kiadana, due to my role, but I just couldn't do it after the way you acted from our previous fights. I got a minor scolding from the old Commander for not at least confiscating your things. You also accounted for a few points of con. I only got you that one time of course, but I was pretty proud of me right then.

Melisa- Don't think I ever got you, and you got me just once, right after thirst fell and your stupid shield lashed out at me, I was so mad at that one, I totally should have got you that time.

Andrios(sp)- Good fights, slippery bastard, I think I got you once in Hamsah when you had no shields and stuff, just bash bash and let my swords do the work, I think you escaped a few flurries that would have killed you for sure.

Chyrian- Another slippery one, I'm going to learn to lash a lot more next time. Good job. Fun talk that one time too.

Inthulzira- See above, good job.

Nopup- Ton of good fights, I think we may have came up even, seemed like you broke character some when you got frustrated with stuff, pretty good job in any case. Wish I would have pulled off the trifecta when you brough those two AP's to the village as your lackeys.

Selitha- Another one who seemed to get frustrated to the point of breaking character sometimes. Few fun fights though.

Krundig- I hate wither. I really, really hate wither. Good job, another testament to the ability of those who can get into Grurk's religion well.

Xoregh- You had me rolling when you were in the Inn as a youngster telling me and Eacer how the Inn belonged to the Emperor. Good times, I said to myself, this guy might be trouble. Lo and behold, there you were. You rolled me every time we fought. Though you are a little Gharaka 2.0 maybe. But hey, use what works and keep rolling.

Imperial pole spec, started with a C, damnit I can't remember.- Lots of good fights, stupid entrap. I think I would have gotten you the first time we fought by Azuremain, that would have been a sweet finish if I could have pulled it off. Honorable enemy, I felt like #### personally after I looted you that one time, but hey, orders are orders, and Aelisoc was a soldier.

I know I'm definetly forgetting some enemies. Fun fights all of you. I had higher hopes, but alas, my suicidal nature and mediocre PK skills relegated me to con dying too early once again. I'm leaning either Dalteric or Corrlaan paladin, Kingpin, since I haven't played a thief since trying to establish the Syndicate long before there were even thieves guilds, another maran ranger, or a historian type bard, suggestions are useful as always.

Igsoeh
Iomyndor
Ildareen
Ulthinius and now
Aelisoc
plus probably thirty or forty others of even less repute than those five
49151, I liked your style
Posted by Robizar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were willing to stick around for battles, and were pretty strong when you were able to pick your own battlefield. It was when that got away from you that you began to have trouble. I remember not being able to touch you at the giant, and barely getting away, as I remember having a lot more success in open space against you.

I didn't get to rp a whole lot with you, but I liked that you were generally a good sport about things, and you always seemed to be learning new things. Good luck on your next, and if you try that thief, I hope I had some itsy bitsy effect on that decision :)
49152, Oh man! This sucks
Posted by Eacer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have to say that before you came around to the Inn, I had almost
given up on Ragers being civil. Great times and sure, you never
got to taste my venison after finally finding a supplier! Oh well,
good luck on your next!
49153, Ok now this was unexpected
Posted by Derliaede on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was not a cheap kill the way I see it actually considering your ranks and you being a berserker. I almost hit you the first time when Lerimos, you and the lich were at the thick copse of trees but Lerimos led you away. Didnt you wonder why a midget ap is gonna put up abs, come to the village, yell, and run like mad? It was a nice little trap which never sprung but the end result was the same. The lich was waiting for you outside and all I was doing was try and seperate you and Lerimos a bit initially and lure you out later. The imperial showed up and ruined the setup a bit, but hey! you are a berserker!
I have interacted with Aelisoc with other characters. Hunted together a bit with you, going around busting guilds. I didnt strike you once when Nopup busted you and all. To your credit my impression of your char IC was very different from your goodbyes. You were more likely to be the mentor than the 'mentee' so as to say. I was impressed by Aelisoc and respected him.
Wish I could have got you toe to toe this last time.
Good work.
49154, Oh no, not at all
Posted by Rektath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I actually enjoyed the project. That note took maybe 2 minutes to write. It was simple by searching through the PBF. Also, Jinroh's logs are probably the main reason why I came to CF. I saw them and I was like, 'Holy crap that's awesome.'

Anyways, I thought Aelisoc was a decent character. Interacted you with one other I think. Didn't get the 'I'm an elite that'll stomp over everyone' vibe or the 'I'm a complete noob' vibe. In fact, I think your play style is really similar to mine. Just go out there, have fun, lose some eq maybe, but go out with a bang. Try looking for more challenging battles than not. Even with RP consideration, that's what I mostly try to do.

I'm glad you sponsored taking me into the Village. There are a few lowbie ragers but I'm not quite satisfied with them. Maybe I'm being too harsh. Meh.

Oh, and Rektath will make you proud. I have little doubt about that :)

Peace.
49155, I was never really sure what my perspective of you was
Posted by Krundig on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have enteracted with you on a few characters,
From Krundigs side, I always saw you camping the village, you wouldn't step foot outside of it if I was slinking around, or you had the Scepter.
But from what I saw of other characters you where out picking fights Albiet in the ruined city but still.
Anyway to get to the point, I liked Aelisoc especially since you had that green feeling and weren't to some extent afraid to party hard.
And wither isn't that bad, you fools just need to gear some more svs jeez.
49157, Sorry..
Posted by Friarr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really wanted to get you those two ranks or explore that tower, just didnt have time the other day. Known you with Ulthinius, nice char again I loved the yes sirs, hehe. How the hell do you all die this much?

Luck wit yer next,

Cat
49158, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Aelisoc Venator the Disciple of...
Posted by Melisa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Melisa- Don't think I ever got you

Around 30ish, after this group I was ranking with in the battlefields split up, I was wandering around, kind of trying to learn the area a little when I saw you. Now, I'd heard is was really, really bad idea to try to fight warriors before learning shields, especially berserkers, but I wanted to at least try. So, I'm all excited and I run up to you, cleverly using an area spell so you can't spellbane, right? I just didn't notice the two monsters standing right by you who kill me in a round. I guess making someone panic into a mob death doesn't count technically, but it does in spirit.
49160, OOOF!
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well dammit! Sorry you didn't get any ghost time to say farewells. You know I would have taken some time to RP you out the door! Unfortunately I didn't get to see much of Aelisoc beyond cabal chatter, but I got good vibes from what I heard. Glad it was a good experience, glad you are enjoying battle, hurry back.
49161, Good Berserker
Posted by Lerimos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If not a little suicidal, but thats a good thing. I enjoyed watching you fight (even if you lost) you played a tough combo but did fairly well. I enjoyed both of your characters and you are getting the hang of the Village. Few more warriors and I think you would be on the pillar no problem. Good luck with the next.
49164, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Aelisoc Venator the Disciple of Ancient Ways
Posted by Nysrogh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great Fights, I think we pretty much came up to the ranks together so through out our characters lives were stayed bitter enemies. For the longest time I thought you were just a doo gooder with a grudge. And then one day you start spellbaning me. All in all you did the whole rager bit rather well, well other than dying repeatedly maybe. Still you were a solid rager I will definately give you props for that.
Nysrogh
49172, Aelisoc Venator the Disciple of Ancient Ways
Posted by Kalageadon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What can I say. I really Enjoyed our time even though near the end
we didn't run into eachother very often. I was a little interested
in testing some more abilities out but never got the chance. All
around I think this was a good char for you, stuck it out the way
a real villager should, when they say the life of a villager isn't
easy they really mean it and I dont think a single one should die of
anything but old age or con death. Well done in my book. I am sure
we will run into eachother again in the future so until then.

Draixen.
49149, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Aelisoc Venator the Disciple of Ancient Ways
Posted by Crulvane on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Enjoyed the fights. A tough foe. Take care.