Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectThat was FUN.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=49002
49002, That was FUN.
Posted by Brinton on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I swore off playing thieves a few characters back, but after I lost time and motivation to play my more roleplay intensive characters I went back to something I was good at. I had the most fun in the middle ranks and devoted two weeks to just sitting and going around killing anyone and everyone that even hinted at being evil. I'm sure Imms and the playerbase don't really approve of that, but I figured once I ranked I'd stop landing kills and had fun while I could. I really only looted anything I needed, but I did tend to kill the same twelve people until I started ranking. But 50 kills on 12 people is still fun when they're coming at you in groups or trying to raid for you, or just out ranking.

IMMS/Qaledus- Holy #### thugs are nice. I've never played a full thug thief before this one and I am very impressed with the class and class abilities. From a balance perspective, if you're worried about level sitters you should switch earclap and parting block. I loved being able to compete at hero with a thief even if opponents were flying, the ability to still be able to land kills when I got there surprised the hell out of me. The change to earclap was great. I loved that skill almost as much as parting block. Being able to finally compete against flying invokers/bards/etc made me happy. I'm almost for the thief revamp now, almost.

Fort: I'm sure if I had a better role/more interaction on a verbal level with others I'd have been Maran a lot sooner, but after I realized I had been turned Diet Good I abandoned most hopes of ever seeing that promotion. Random acts of stupidity get noticed when you least want them to, heh. Fortress is always fun for me, I like the cabal ideals and powers, and you learn to ignore the bad things about being in the cabal.

Aarn! Aarn't I glad you talked to me, thanks for that shrine chat. Man I would have liked to have seen more of you. The best feeling I get from playing is when an Imm comes over cabal chat and tells you you're doing a good job. You used to do that a lot, but I don't think I ever heard it this time around.

Kavan- At first I thought you were a super prick, but after I realized you were a super prick, you kind of grew on me..like cancer. After a while I just kept seeing how aggravated I could get you before you'd stop talking to me altogether. Towards the end there I felt we would have made a good team if we were ever around at the same time, great character.

Enn/Gaz- =( #### you guys. We killed people and they complained on Dios, that's always a great feeling, it really lets you know you're killing the right people. I don't think I've ever caught more flames.

Healers = Please stop trying to land kills when your tank is dying, I'll stop there with that.

Enemies

Uen/Robizar: Definetly feared you guys the most. Thugs are just scary and you guys knew what you were doing. Robizar, you can hero now. >=)

Once I ranked up and stopped worrying about gear so much I died a lot more, easier to let happen when you can regear yourself adaquately and I didn't mind the deaths.

Erisen/Zherkalt - Fun stuff, I hope I annoyed the living piss out of both of you.

Palmer: Boy were neither of us prepped for that fight at the end. Luckily I had 200 gold (Thank you Burrgryn) and was able to fight you long enough at the healer to let your wraith form drop. I love you cheap shot. That fight at the Fortress when you got away with..40 hp? that made me happy too. Solid mummy.

Vens- I never went into a fight with you expecting to live, well done.

Nreisshe- See Vens. If I saw you were around I just accepted the fact that if I walked into a wilderness area, I was going to die. Amazingly effecient at what you do and always impressive.

Goodie thief: It is very bad roleplay as a goodie thief at rank 27 to full loot a hero Maran, turn on quiet mode, and spam quit in town. It is further bad roleplay to later lie about looting said Maran, while wearing the exact set the Maran lost and sitting in the inn spamming 'eq'eq'eq'eq' and not using the gear to kill evil. If you're going to keep the Amathylar, Heartseeker, dual beads, and coppers, have the balls to use it. My next character is just for you. =) Rant off!

I'm drawing a blank for the rest, but thanks to everyone for making this character fun. Flame on!

-Lhydia
49106, RE: That was FUN.
Posted by Aarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see you go man! Brinton was pretty beastly for a thief, and though a lot of your career was during my "off" time, I did enjoy watching you the few times I could.

Glad our chat helped!

Aarn
49103, RE: That was FUN.
Posted by rafalos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You tell me that I have bad role play for what I did....Before you try to look good...read your own imm comments..I'm surprized you did not get the boot from the fortress..anyhow..
49104, Yep
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Sun May 7 19:50:40 2006 by 'Drokalanatym' at level 25 (35 hrs):
Watching this guy talk to a smurf warrior he killed, and honestly I'm not getting a good align vibe here.

-That would be a svirf thief who attacked me and died. I guess proper RP would have been to stand there and let him kill me.

Fri May 12 17:47:35 2006 by 'Drokalanatym' at level 30 (55 hrs):
Yay for drowning off wanted flags?

Thu Jun 1 20:55:23 2006 by 'Sebeok' at level 43 (151 hrs):
Every time gets wanted, runs and suicides immediately to ditch the flag. The kind of character I'd enjoy condeathing.

-Yay for going 200ish hours and never killing any good aligned mob. I needed to be free of flags to get in and out of cities to kill evils and not be seen by guards, who I didn't want to kill anyway. I saw no way to justify killing any goodie mobs as a squire who's purpose was to protect them. Everytime I got flagged, it was easier to just lose the flag and keep on rolling. I'm sure you've condeathed many characters, yummy eq poison.

Sat May 13 15:04:50 2006 by 'Corrlaan' at level 30 (56 hrs):
Just took down 3 evils in the span of about 15 minutes. Not bad.

-Thanks

Sat May 13 20:47:10 2006 by 'Lyristeon' at level 30 (59 hrs):
Woke up to four scion/scion wannabes raiding and got them all to leave...for now.

-That was always fun to log into.

Sun May 14 09:42:15 2006 by 'Khasotholas' at level 30 (60 hrs):
Pretty ballsy fighting Imperials.

-Thanks.

Mon May 15 20:37:50 2006 by 'Drokalanatym' at level 31 (72 hrs):
Has 37 kills, but just watching them as they happen it feels like it's about 5 different guys killed about 8 times each.

Tue May 16 20:50:28 2006 by 'Drokalanatym' at level 31 (77 hrs):
It turns out that was a slight exaggeration, but Jastren does account for over a quarter of our PK wins.

Railed on that guy as much as possible, Scion healers I didn't really see a justification of letting walk around unharmed. I don't get the complaints that I killed the evils in my range, I'm a squire.

Tue May 16 20:57:12 2006 by 'An Immortal' at level 31 (77 hrs):
An Immortal added 1000 exp for: Good fight against the wormies!

Mon May 22 17:28:01 2006 by 'Shokai' at level 36 (106 hrs):
good example of a character that has the 'technique' down, but not the soul. Never really got the 'heart of a good guy' from him

-How many times did we talk again? I ran around hidden and killing evil. I enjoyed pking. Not much room for a lot of heartfelt hugging interaction.

Sun Jun 4 01:03:53 2006 by 'Drokalanatym' at level 44 (156 hrs):
Why are we ganging neutral Magistrates? Who the #### knows.

-Uh, or you could tell the whole situation. Caroolth, Muter, and evil Shaman ranking on Caladryl Mount (Neutral, neutral, evil), and my group summoned the evil shaman and killed him, Caroolth is in a second or two later bashing the piss out of me (bashing legacy) and driving me (more lag, yay). He dies. We killed an evil Shaman and the neutral warrior who tried to take me out. But yeah, berate me for it.

-You can't exactly get the whole story from brief comments like that, I know I could have roleplayed 60% better, but honestly, I ran around trying to kill as many evils as possible, because it was fun.

49099, Hah, probably more fun for you then me.
Posted by Enniallien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Spamming earthbind sucks on a laggy computer. I remember once at Scion, Erisen was defending the chasm, I spammed earthbind on him and after I earthbound him I kept on CASTING it with the full two-round lag. I ended up casting it six(?) more times, watching myself die slowly to his attacks, doing absolutely nothing. Ugh.

I did, however, love your character. Thank you for putting up with my inexperience as a muter, and thank you for showing me how thieves should be played, and by the way, you have 10x more patience than I for tracking down ranking groups.

Much love
49097, RE: That was FUN.
Posted by rafalos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
hhaahah your such a tool, get over yourself and move on, can we say newb.... later...hahaahaha
49100, Well...
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think we really can say newb, and that's not a bad thing, everyone has to start somewhere. I left your name out for a reason, so you're not doing yourself any favors posting with your current name. Do you really want everyone to know the kind of shady things you do and gear you have, all you're doing is making yourself a target.

All I was trying to point out was that that kind of roleplay isn't going to leave you with a warm and fuzzy feeling in your gut after you do it enough, and has potential to ruin any character you'll ever play.

Anywho!
49064, RE: That was FUN.
Posted by Anarian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah sorry about that man. For some reason I had autoassist up and I was a little cocky going into it.
49036, I hate you
Posted by Erisen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I hated the character. It seemed like, whenever I was just wandering around, minding my own business, you'd be there. I knew I would have little chance of killing you, and that just made it worse.

That last "trap" (I use the term loosely) was great fun, though. I can't believe how badly we did. Of course, we did lose the surprise element, and let you guys have the first attack (foolishly). I just wanted to take your bag. Really, it's all I wanted, for all the sacks I had to replace.

Good luck with the next. Sorry about the long-winded reply, but you were the first character in years that brought out such extreme levels of frustration for me. Makes me want a duergar axe spec.
49035, RE: That was FUN.
Posted by Lauraine on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pity you are gone, and I don't think I was trying to land kill, not when you're just beside me IC that is, infact, I think you were hardly ever close to dead when you're literally beside me IC. Anyhow peace out, thats one less person whos gonna drink from my bar.