Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [SCION] Eloren the Herald of War
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=48432
48432, (DELETED) [SCION] Eloren the Herald of War
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue May 30 17:59:13 2006

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Eloren perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:anti-paladin
Level:43
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:111
48443, Had fun
Posted by Eloren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Second Scion. Without preps, anti-paladins really are useless. All my battles I've mostly fought without preps. Low levels I did fairly well, but as I got to hero range, it turned to ####. Also, mud took too much of my time and is getting boring in general.

Immortals: Thanks for making an awesome game. I'd play more if I had the patience to look for preps.

Eshval: If I ever come back, know that I will always ALWAYS come back under your religion. The concept is just so damned cool and I really enjoy the imm interaction. Had a blast with Lyandra and had a blast with Eloren.

Brinton: I really disliked you. Granted you did leave all my items every time (10 or so) you killed me, but the fact that a decked out thief multi pked me quite a few times really irked me. It almost did seem like you created the character for no other reason than to just pick on people who didn't really know much.

Vens: Thanks for the opportunity. I know I didn't do much when the emperess utterly annihilated me. But as I said before, I'm not much in group pking...too hard to coordinate, and since I like to be the leader, I'm not good in following directions. Besides, I dislike pking in groups, gangbangs or otherwise. I played muds where that was frowned upon and I still hold onto that belief.

In any case, I gotta return to writing about Dworkin's Law's Empire. Interesting book. Lates.
48444, I liked you for the most part
Posted by Krundig on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You had a very ballsy style and a absolute disregard for personal health, and trust me thats a failing theme in cf now its all about keepin those shinies.. shiny.
Keep on truckin man, you had potential you just burned yourself out too quick.
48445, RE: Had fun
Posted by Vens. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I did care little about your death. I've seen you died and continued without crying, whinnings and such. I always respect it. But you deleted next day after i unducted you and it makes crappy leader of me. That's really sad.
48455, Nah
If I had deleted purely based on frustration or anything of that sort it would be sad. It would mean that my commitment to my character from an IC point of view is really low.

However, I deleted mostly because of an OOC point of view. It really has nothing to do with your leadership skill...there's a tangible line between ooc and ic.

Besides, it was more like 3 or 4 days :)
48446, Still not sure how to deal with the multikilling issue.
Posted by Brinton on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think I killed you 3 times when you weren't with a group. Otherwise, you were ranking and killing lightwalking mobs which I'm supposed to be protecting. I just don't understand why I'm expected to look the other way when three people go off murdering innocent lightwalkers.

If my character (a squire) has the main goal of ridding the world of evil, how can I justify not killing the antipaladin that's going around attacking everyone else?

This is my first successful character as far as pking goes, I do try to roleplay with people before or after I kill them, or people out of range. I'll take advice on how you would go about it instead if you want.

I liked Eloren and you didn't seem like you were new to me. Besides, you killed me a couple times, at least you got the last lick right?

48450, RE: Still not sure how to deal with the multikilling issue.
Posted by Just a thought on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not really sure how you play Brinton, only interacted a couple times and never as an enemy, but you could at least slow the rate of multi-killing by avoiding obvious evil ranking areas. The pk range at least from my perspective has been pretty small, that is, not too many enemies on at any one time, and thus if you've killed them all and as a player don't want to do it again, then don't go to the places they are most likely to be and thus force you to act again. I know that is a bit simplistic but often if your killing someone while they are ranking it is because you went looking for them, people don't rank in Galadon or on the Eastern Road :P
48462, I killed you four times. Thanks PBF. n/t
Posted by Brinton on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hmph.
48464, To be fair...
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you were to count gangs of Eloren in which Brinton didn't deal the killing blow, the tally would be somewhere in between the PBF's suggested 4 and Eloren's claim of 10.
48468, To whoever got my pdf, thanks
Didn't expect it so quickly.

Eh, maybe it seemed more like 10 given the amount of times you attacked me and the amount of times I fled (quite substantial).
48471, RE: To whoever got my pdf, thanks
Posted by Nobody special on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your welcome.
48477, RE: Still not sure how to deal with the multikilling issue.
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>This is my first successful character as far as pking goes...

48453, RE: Had fun
Posted by Mylinos-work on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Eh, enjoyed Lyandra wish I had a chance to meet Eloren, fought you once with my Svi warrior Turjon and two I was grouped with, I'm pretty sure you escaped. Anyway, hope your just a little frustrated and come right back after you've had a day or two to relax, I like the way you play your characters especially since your admitedly new. Your right AP's without preps are gonna be very hard especially as you hit hero ranks, not sure what you've played outside of AP's but you might want to give a more bland exploring character a try, something like a neurtal bard and work on finding some preps you can use later with other classes. Once you start getting even a little prep knowledge you'll find it much easier to compete.

Hope to see you out there again :)
48436, That was fast n/t
Posted by Krundig on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
asdf