Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Anordes the Weaver of the Elements, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=48030
48030, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Anordes the Weaver of the Elements, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun May 7 21:58:33 2006

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Anordes perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:238
48059, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Anordes the Weaver of the Elem...
Posted by Anordes on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a nice nifty written set of goodbyes for this guy, but timely modem crashes helped erase it all. Anyway, I felt I learned a lot with this char, be it with equipment, facing up against other heroes (this was my first hero), or with prep locations. However, I like PK intensive chars, and an Acolyte char isn't very pk intensive when there are 4-6 forties and 0-2 evils on at hero range for the entirety of your life at hero. This lack of enemies eventually caught up with me, and I had to throw away all those hours of spamming spells up.

Power wise, I really did like this char. It wasn't too hard to gather wands when I could find them, and all the a/b/s helped a lot against other melee classes. At the same time, I found decent ways to deal with classes that presented bad matchups, like a-p's and shamans, and to an extent, necros. I feel that it's extremely hard to kill a well prepared invoker. That being said, it's also extremely hard for an invoker to kill anyone else that is well prepared. Outside of using pebble in a gang, catching someone in a quicksand that they couldn't flee, and getting someone to lag themselves to death, it was very difficult to keep people around.

I think I caught one person in a gel trap, one in an adhesive web "snare", and the like, but on the whole it takes a lot of creativity to seal kills at hero as an invoker. I remember once having lured a couple imperials into a nasty quicksand trap with slip rooms nearby, so that they might be slipped back in if they succeeded to flee out of it. The trap worked nice, but they got the flee off out of the quicksand, and the slip rooms kicked them back away from the quicksand. Oh well, I liked trying out all the nifty little options invokers have, as they're very tricky when they are able to prepare the battlefield. I might play another invoker, but if I do, it'll be an evil or an outlander, someone who has lots of built in enemies. I think I was something like 11-3 in pk with Anordes in 200 hours, and that just isn't very enjoyable.

Feel free to post if you have any questions or anything to say to/about this char. I don't have the energy to rewrite the goodbyes I lost.
48060, I liked Anordes
Posted by Crysseara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked this character, I'm glad I got the chance to interact with you as a mortal. We had a really good induction (I thought at least!)

It does get frustrating when your range is either all good and no evil or 10 evils ready to gang you down. Makes the game a little more boring.

Good luck on your next - hope you come back to Fortress. :)

- Crys
48061, Re: Induction
Posted by Anordes on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed that encounter, even the part where Throt walked in and pincered me, two rounding me from 700 hps. I found it kind of fitting, somehow. Good luck with your imm-dom, I liked your char in the few interactions I had with you pre-imming. You were kinda busy after that :)