Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Braddock Burke the Legend of the Battlefield, Provincial Magistrate
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=47972
47972, (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Braddock Burke the Legend of the Battlefield, Provincial Magistrate
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri May 5 19:11:23 2006

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Braddock perished, never to return.
Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:111
47978, Cmon, you got
Posted by Bad name on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
the "Missing in Action" Chuck Norris name! I cant believe nobody realized it. Bleh.
47981, No, and yes.
Posted by Braddock Burke on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Braddock is the last name of Chuck norris' character in those films, yes.

but when I first decided on this name, I hadn't realized that.

I came up with this name, about three characters before I came up with the character. I was tired of bad names, and tried to rebel by coming up with a bad name myself. But I couldn't make myself make one as bad as "Zheus" or "Odihn" or something like that.

What I did, was choose a combination name of two people from history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Braddock

The top English commander of British forces during the French and Indian war. his main campaign failed, he was killed while rallying his troups and one of the reserve volunteer officers serving under him buried him and spoke his eulogy (that volunteer officer's name was George Washington). I remember visiting his grave site as a Boy scout about a million years ago.

And....

http://www.historyguide.org/intellect/burke.html

Some english guy, who wrote gave some speaches in England such as....

The best of Burke's writings and speeches belong to this period, and may be described as a defense of sound constitutional statesmanship against prevailing abuse and misgovernment. Observations on the Present State of the Nation (1769) was a reply to George Grenville; On the Causes of the Present Discontents (1770) treats the Wilkes controversy. Perhaps the finest of his many efforts are the speech on American Taxation (1774), the speech on Conciliation with America (1775), and the Letter to the Sheriffs of Bristol (1777). These speeches advocated wise and liberal measures which Burke believed would have averted the troubles which ensued.

I remember spending much time in childhood at a local "Burke Lake", where I learned frisbee golf, of all things.

It wasn't until later that I realized hollywood had also used the name Braddock.

Hehe, I love writing long, dry, uninteresting replies....Why? Because noone reads this far! Which means I can say anything and get away with it....AGAIN!!!!!

Valguanera is a NINNY!!!!!!!!!!!

Zulghinlour smells of Elderberries!!!!!!!

Sebeok's mother was a Hamster!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The boring long-rambling poster STRIKES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHahaha.a.a.....hah.a.....heh.....eh?

wait, none of that was really funny....sigh...good thing noone will read this.
47985, It really doesnt matter
Posted by Xaannix- on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
where in history you get your name or where in fantasy. Generally it alters peoples perception of your character. If i saw a ranger named Rambo i would probably think twice before talking to him or ranking with him. WHen i see your character name, I think Vietnam, big guns, Chuck Norris.

Imagine if someone made an assassin named Jackalus or something close? If you take names from history just dont take Alexander or Napoleon. Just google the name, thats the first thing I do when I chose I name. Even though I dont really bother talking to people IC or what not, I do try to pick an original name at least.

I only posted without my name because i didnt feel like typing it in or loggin in.
47983, Dear Anonymous Xaannix,
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Please do not use our forums for this. Review the FAQs.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
47984, Cmon man, illegal names are
Posted by Xaannix- on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
part of the rules! I think rules violatins should be posted.
47989, RE: Cmon man, illegal names are
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think rules violatins should be posted.

If you think that someone is violating rules, report it to Immortals. Public mob isn't the judge. It's the spirit of the law and letter of the law thing in this case too.
47977, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Braddock Burke the Legend of the Battlefield, Provincial Magistrate
Posted by Tizlaski on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What?!? I've been hauling around this #### for you for a while now that I got back from outlanders for ya, and you go and do this?! I'm sad to see this. Was definately good having you around.