Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Ferrsaan Copestone the Vindictive, Betrayer of the Spire
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=47948
47948, (DELETED) [None] Ferrsaan Copestone the Vindictive, Betrayer of the Spire
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu May 4 19:52:34 2006

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Ferrsaan perished, never to return.
Race:svirfnebli
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:236
48066, RE: (DELETED) [None] Ferrsaan Copestone the Vindictive,...
Posted by N. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked you character you seemed very competent and always respectful... I felt a certain connection with this character because I believe I was there with you when you hero'd (or at least close) and was speaking with you when you got caught there at the end...

I always knew what was coming when I got the message, "Ferrsaan tells you 'Salutations'." Good stuff.

I think we could've had quite a symbiotic relationship there... I was enjoying having the Vindicator as such an unseemly ally ;-P.

In all seriousness though, shrug it off and start another, man.. you got skills...
47961, RE: (DELETED) [None] Ferrsaan Copestone the Vindictive, Betrayer of the Spire
Posted by Caroolth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hate to say it, but this makes me sad to see...you were great to have around, and it was good talking to you.
47949, RE: (DELETED) [None] Ferrsaan Copestone the Vindictive, Betrayer of the Spire
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll just paraphrase someone else who said it better than I could have:

I don't know how someone who plays such a great character 95% of the time can be such a ####head the other 5%.

Seriously, if you could get the temper that shoots you in the foot now and then in check, you really could be one of the greats.
47950, Jarheads are known for their temper.
Posted by Aiekooso on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
After reading Caabdru's post though I don't think that last incident was an isolated one.
47951, Don't blame it on being a marine.
Posted by A2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You only further the image that we're all unstable.
47970, Ditto.
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I actually became more stable after being in the marines. It was CF that corrupted me into the bastard I am now.
47973, Lobotomys have that affect.
Posted by Pro-Man on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Be all you can be.
47975, A.R.M.Y.
Posted by Aiekooso on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Aren't really Marines, yet.
47979, RE: A.R.M.Y.
Posted by silencedstatik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Come on now, get it right!

Uncle
Sam

Ain't
Released
Me
Yet

p.s. we rangers never wanted to be marines
47986, RE: A.R.M.Y.
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's because you only need a 40 on the ASVAB to become one.
47993, RE: A.R.M.Y.
Posted by Grurk Muouk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Better than being apart of:

U.ncle
S.am's
M.isguided
C.hildren

-Airborne!

47994, US ARMY layed out backwards.
Y-es
M-y
R-etarded
A-ss

S-igned
U-p
48001, We need a draft. nt
Posted by Nivek1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
48032, No...we don't.~
n/t
48069, RE: A.R.M.Y.
Posted by silencedstatik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I scored a 98
48081, Don't get to excited
Posted by A2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's the f'ing asvab ffs.
48080, MARINE
Posted by Razoul Lazy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My
Ass
Rides
In
Navy
Equipment
47958, Nice char...
Posted by Thmauddhot on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Enjoyed our travels. I think you need to give the Spire a break though, especially seeing now that you played Kasdenn (who was also tough little bastard).

One thing I dont understand though. The event that got you booted from Spire. ALright, you were kind of corrupt in flagging the thief and then killing him. What is wrong with that? Im guessing you didnt do this in front of mortal witness'. So the only ones that were there were you/the thief/ and some other IMMS. I think Tribunals should be allowed to be corrupt if they can do it in a manner that Trib mortal leaders dont notice. If its done carefully, (Not flagging the entire char base), why isnt this allowed? Can one play a corrupt Tribunal?

ANyhow, you are fun to have on side. Take care.
47959, RE: Nice char...
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>If its done carefully, (Not
>flagging the entire char base), why isnt this allowed? Can
>one play a corrupt Tribunal?

Up to a point, yes. Higher positions are going to draw more scrutiny and also probably get less breathing room.

There was nothing in Ferrsaan's role or general roleplay to indicate that he should be corrupt, though. There was every reason to suspect the opposite.

It's worth pointing out that a zillion people called corrupt on Onirakoth and Falun, but both of them played it cleaner than Ferrsaan did overall.