Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Vraynen the Keeper
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=47896
47896, (DELETED) [None] Vraynen the Keeper
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue May 2 16:05:17 2006

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Vraynen perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:ranger
Level:35
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:60
47899, RE: (DELETED) [None] Vraynen the Keeper
Posted by Friend on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Interesting character and personality. A couple times I saw the player showing through (due to my peculiar role) but usually it was just classy evil opportunism. Got bored of being a ranger?

Good luck with the next.
47943, A reply, and some very brief goodbyes
Posted by Vraynen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have a feeling I know who you are, and yes, you did make the player show through a couple times :P As a player, I love your role, and so when around you, I gravitated a bit more towards that style. Or maybe my guess at who you are is totally off...

Being a ranger was surprisingly fun. After all the forum back-and-forthing over whether rangers were viable killers, I decided to see if nepenthe was just full of #### in defending rangers as one of the most capable killers. He wasn't. Not that I was the be-all end-all of deathfulness, but I had a fair share of kills, and had I actually carried teleport potions on me (ah, so lazy...) I probably would never have died.

Anywho,
Dartelius: Loved your char. If Malniek hadn't gotten me that last time we definitely could have torn up ranking to hero. #### mark of the prey. :(

Delakan: You were pretty impressive as a drow warrior. I have a feeling you knew just how much in the way of staves/scrolls/potions I had in my knapsack, but you always just gave that wry drow smile.

Other rangers: For the love of god, just because I'm a ranger -does not- mean I want to protect the wilds. Some of you just didn't seem to get that, and I was happy to take advantage.
47947, I was hoping for more
Posted by Dartelius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh well. I really liked your character and I was hoping that you'd be my eyes in the wilderness, among other things. There are some ranger tricks that I've been wanting to show someone since I learned them recently, and with them, I'm sure I could have persuaded you to join the house.

And your eyes would have kept me from my most dumb-#### death in the last year or three, in which Nreisshe nailed me with my pants down around my ankles. Unfortunately for our relationship, though, the upside of being camouflaged is the downside of being camouflaged, and I tried not to spend more than a few minutes waiting to see if I could get you, before taking someone else.

Good luck with your next. A ranger that doesn't save the whales...oh my goodness! Maybe the next will be a thief that doesn't practice steal...}(