Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [BATTLE] Muriont the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=47803
47803, (AUTO) [BATTLE] Muriont the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Apr 28 12:43:36 2006

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Muriont perished, never to return.
Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:133
47869, you bastard :)
Posted by Krag on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
you should of stuck around.

your a bastard haha
47872, yea yea
Posted by Muriont on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The problem was that I got into a new character and every time I came back to delete, I got pulled into it again. Picking pole after sword was an incredibly stupid decision for me. It didn't fit where I wanted to take the character but I couldn't resist the idea of chargeset and cutoff. I had alot of fun with Muriont and I did alot of what I wanted to do. Then I got sick of facing the same dynamics where I either had the kill from the start or didn't stand a chance at landing it (ie Grunlath).

The OOC forum bitching that came about after the Guamel incident really sealed the deal for me. I got sick of playing my character for a few days in a row before I even logged in. And so it goes, into my new character, and back into the real world.

I really liked Kragathian, Lerimos, and Ysaloerye. I knew that the rites were going to screw someone over and when you missed it, well, I still respected you *shrug*

For those who complained about us battlerager players only ever playing battle and saying how things should be - that's not me. This is my second in 3 years, if memory serves correctly. I got in without remembering everything on the pillar plaque tablet etc, so anyone really can, who tries hard enough. I also got totally spanked by Lerimos (I think 4 or 5 out of 6 duels) before I got inducted. The heart eventually wins. Then with the powers, the mages can't flee and invis, expecting to just laugh at you. I hated that.

I had alot of good allies in the village, a few in the fortress and a few in the tribunal and a few in the outlanders. I tried to turn a few blades to my side of life, but it didn't work out, so I mostly stuck with what I had. If I liked you, it was probably obvious. If I didn't, again, obvious. Being in Battle really puts a damper on the idea of allies, though. As much as I liked a few tribunals, I knew I was going to be fighting them when I hit a guild or a mage in town. As much as a few of the fort got along with me, I knew I was going to be fighting them while I ranked on the mountain with a duergar. And really, as nice as the outlander trip was for me, it was really a joke about how easily the past is forgotten in CF. Someone with resist and deathblow want to rank? And they'll lead? Sure, I'll go.

Finally, I had the joy of watching Throt and Guamel go through their little problems in the village and it made me take a step back and realize some of the dumb #### I've done in the past. Someday I'd like to make another rager. Someday I might even do it. But then I'll be smart enough to make a name for myself in the mid-ranks, where they are powerful, before rushing to hero. Unless, of course, someone balances out the powers.... Just kidding!

Take Care everyone, you made this character fun... sometimes too fun.
47885, Big Fat arsed Git!
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well sorry things peetered out for you, and sorry that whole stupid forum griping thing affected you. It's what I hate about crap like that and the people who post it.

I liked Muriont, your combo did have a lot of potential, but like all others a few weaknesses. You did well in the cabal and I was happy to see you step up when I asked you to.
I hope you enjoyed your time in the village, definitely try another sometime.

47895, For Ysaloerye And Kaisse Tait
Posted by Muriont on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I probably should have prefaced my post by saying that while I haven't played a rager in a few years, I haven't been able to get interested enough in a warrior to play one past 30 since the second fall of Arbiter. It took me a long time to get into the swing of rager + warrior together (though longer for the warrior + rager_app) - it's not the easy road that people think it is, and that's why I picked it. The sword/pole had a lot of potential, but in the enemies that I was fighting, more weaknesses. Probably not my next pick for a rager warrior.

Anyhow, I really rolled Muriont to get out of a bad habit of gear-whoring and backing down from interaction that would ultimately threaten to make me regear for an hour. Sphere courage cloud rager warrior - that's the ticket. I got into alot of ####ty situations that I knew Muriont would run straight into, and I liked it. Dying to a fiend that wouldn't let me move while the new code changed chargeset versus mobs - that was the worst for me. I really think that chargeset should be able to totally nuke a mob that a player called (elemental, nightwalker, fiend, etc.) the same way that it would a player. But I'm just one guy.

The things that Ysaloerye and Kaisse and Lerimos and Kragathian got me into doing overall helped me to do what I wanted - make a comeback from a break, have fun, and be in a cabal again. Previous time constraints left and I finally had time to have a character that could at least make an impact.

For Ysaloerye: Congratulations. Just don't leave the village for the empire like the last battle heroimm that I liked...