Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Furoll the Bloodthirsty, Evil and Lawless Gnome
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=47614
47614, (DELETED) [None] Furoll the Bloodthirsty, Evil and Lawless Gnome
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Apr 20 22:17:59 2006

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Furoll perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:253
47623, RE: (DELETED) [None] Furoll the Bloodthirsty, Evil and Lawless Gnome
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The only thing I can think to say about Furoll is that the only reason I didn't personally evil-ify him a month ago is that, based on his successes or lack thereof, I took him for a CF newbie and took pity on him.

It wasn't until deletion that I found out who the player was. You're capable of better and hopefully we'll see it next time around.
47625, All hail the Wrath Test. (n/t)
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
47707, Question
Posted by Furoll on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Given most all of align changes I have every
found myself privy to are chaotic/evil switches,

Should I break down and play chaotic/evil, write a
small role, go back to roleplay I am familiar with,
and at the same note, devise a way/role to attack/kill/betray
anyone I can get away with doing it to..

Am I still going to get slapped with the castration wand
and a nice shiny title?
47708, RE: Question
Ultimately, if a character is paper-thin and worthless, it doesn't really matter what the alignment or role say. Character quality is judged in an overall sense.

47627, Next time, save me a 100hrs and evil stick em right away then so I know im off track.
Past player error attacking in town, I attacked criminals, Imperial Blades, (we were at war) any known criminals, and battleragers.

I was titled Bloodthirsty after killing a Battle member from what I remember, and titled lawless (I took it because of my over-spam attacking in town). I wasn't a lawless character by far, but having no role was unsure what I was supposed to do.

I lost most grasp for this character afte the first title anyways.
What can I say? New country, new computer, no zmud script files, I rolled an easy class, a cabal I just deleted from, and wanted to pk and learn some wands. I did that with this character.

I didn't have a role, and I didn't put a lot into this character aside from hours, but I accomplished what I set out for, I just didn't char too much for the character itself, just a shame it took a turn I wasnt intending to make.

Tell me, how many characters am I up to now that get align changed?

I am going to play an evil one day I swear!

PS to Valg -Yeah yeah, I'm changing ip's again next week if you want to save yourself time keeping me off the board, but I'll leave that to you.

-Rogue
47646, RE: Next time, save me a 100hrs and evil stick em right...
Posted by Grurk Muouk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For my part, I just thought it would be cooler if you actually had
an IMM talk to you, rather than the standard, "You are now an evil
bastard" echos. Color me suprised you weren't mature enough to take
it for what it's worth. I watched Furoll quite a bit, from start to
finish and what finally did it for me, was that there was no explaination
from the character (via role, roleplay, prays - nothing) to explain
why you seemingly attacked anything that moved now.

Oh and next time, if you think someone is a Dicck, be man enough to
say it, instead of enterting in the mud where you think I might
see it.

G.
47648, RE: Next time, save me a 100hrs and evil stick em right...
>Oh and next time, if you think someone is a Dicck, be man enough to
>say it, instead of enterting in the mud where you think I might
>see it.

Oh.. sure.. So Valg can ROTD me again for calling an Imm a #### outright... You guys love to screw me over I swear.

Had you been watching long as you had, you wouldn't need a role update, it was pretty obvious what was going on.

I also stopped doing roles, because where I have one or not,
I generally get couped up in the same grouping, good char, bad char,
good role play, bad role play, cabal leader, uncabaled, role/norole,
I just kill everyone, and I spose that's just how you all will see it, and that's just a shame.

I still think, if anything, I should have been made chaotic, and it would have been more fitting with what was going on, and something that could have spored off to other things.

As far as evil.. well I juts don't see evil like "everyone else"
apparently does, but when I get around to actually playing one out,
I wonder what excuse will be found to strip my class specs again.

Maybe because I don't full loot someone in the future.. well see.
47651, I call #### on you.
Posted by Aiekooso on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You attacked my character with zero reason. We'ed never met ic and you didn't know anything about me. This was before the imms had titled you.
47653, Save your breath.
It doesn't matter how many people tell him he's wrong, what their credentials are, or how consistent their message is. In his mind, everyone else doesn't know what they're talking about, and/or is out to get him.

The "they love to #### me over" defense is doubly funny because he's admitted to starting this character after moving to a new country, leaving open the obvious question of how, exactly, we would reliably be able to identify the player and persecute him accordingly. Ironically, he's misinterpreting great evidence that we're consistent in our evaluation, and we just passed a double-blind.

47656, Just facts on this one
Furoll was roled in Virginia. So you should have record of my IP
changing on the character. You've called me out for "hiding" my IP in the past, or changing it or whatever.. no, I just move a lot.
But from those talks, you remember them, makes me feel like
your out to get my character.

Youve also approached my characters in game, for out of game reasons,
and given me slays over them.

I feel the playerbase feels towards my character as the do from after the title. After I was titled, my range of whom I attacked widened considerably, after I was titled, I began to as well give
####-all about the character and role because:

You titled me Lawless. Furoll was Not lawless, he made a few mistakes and based on Aarns saying of how areas are together, there is/was nothing that I could do about those mistakes without that knowledge.

So, basically you just #### on my character with that title, in turn, I continued to enjoy the forms I got, continued to PK while my gf was at work, and continued to learn wands/gold/pk with the character until I died, or got my spells stripped.

I never as a player set out to attack any PK on the mud. However, if the only pk's on were a few tribs, and empire mage, a scion mage, and a maran that has tried to help a maran criminal fight me in the past, you bet your ass while I have little else to do since Im full on preps and gold an gear, I am going to pay that criminal aiding bastard a visit.

And you see it in a different way, as I also already said in my post, so you had your smart comment, and now youve had another one.

I'm just saying, I should have been made chaotic, not friggen evil.

How about we just leave it at that
47658, One final two pence I'll throw into this fire.
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If I have a storm giant maran while empire is not in power and there's only other goodies on, is it ok to find the "least good person" and bash them to the ground? No. It isn't. That's not unlike what your character was doing. If you don't get it, you don't get it, but I don't understand what confuses you about this.
47659, This is where I am confused

I don't see where the Defining line is. "Speaking pre-title here,"
based on that I only attacked Criminals, Outlanders,Battleragers, hardened Criminals, Someone who aids criminals, and orcs.

As a gnome tribunal, pk hungry character, I felt in all right to
go after this genre. Why is that evil when I am destroying what
my character sees as people that hurt the Spire.
47660, A couple would be less than obvious to anybody but you
Posted by Theerkla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"hardened Criminals, Someone who aids criminals"

Also, the "someone who aids criminals" sounds like it has the potential to be abused similarly to pre-plaque battleragers that killed everything that moved "I saw him use a potion once" type of reasoning in that it can get pretty razor thin, especially if you are going after people who haven't recently aided criminals.

Our play times must not overlap much, because I don't think I've seen any of your recent characters online, let alone interacted with them so all of the above is merely conjecture on my part.

47661, Simple.
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My storm giant thinks everyone besides paladin is inately flawed. Does that give me the free ride to PK everything I see? No. People would consider me a serial killer and people would consider me evil. Pure and simple. If other people would view you as an evil person, then you are evil.
47678, RE: This is where I am confused
To be honest, this is a valid role- Problem is, you have to role play
it, ie: you don't get to be a non-rping murder shifter. Sorry.
47682, Sorry bubba
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As the resident lenient imm when it comes to acting in a chaotic manner, even I didn't see a decent pattern with what you were doing. Even my 'let them play it out' attitude stopped entering my head after watching you for awhile. I am pretty good at finding a way to twist words to shed some light on any situation, and try as I might, this was one situation that it couldn't work. Good luck with your next.
47696, Welcome back nt
nt
47665, Lawless
Posted by Aarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You titled me Lawless. Furoll was Not lawless, he made a few mistakes and based on Aarns saying of how areas are together, there is/was nothing that I could do about those mistakes without that knowledge.

I said your mistake that got you kicked out for was an honest mistake. After that you freely, when it clearly wasn't a mistake, attacked people in protected areas, including people that were not wanted. That was part of what led you to be titled "Lawless". Maybe you should have been chaotic too... although it's somewhat funny you think you weren't lawless but were chaotic.

47677, The real set of facts- "lawless title"
Heh, you weren't titled 'lawless' until you had (as an ex-tribunal)
continuely attacked people in town, hence giving up on all hope on
being a Trib again- and pretty much becoming what you once fought
against. That alone right there has gotten people betrayered.
47680, You can't blame the US this time.
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But seriously man. You have to realize you have some seriou 'tells' in how you play.
47697, *snip*
Stupidity edited away.
47698, All I'm saying is this.
Posted by Pro-man on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can't pass five minutes with your characters in game with out knowing it's you.

It doesn't matter what race of class, it's like, 'Aw crap, there he is.'

I don't think I'm alone in this. If you worked on more depth, less anger, and didn't try to one up every one you came across you might fool someone.

I'm not claiming to be any better, but come on man, you gotta see that people are trying to help you out.

I hope you're enjoying Canada.

47667, Free pbf, my friend? : ) nt
Posted by TheForsaken on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Give us a good laugh.
47657, If i knew who it was, I would tell you why. nt
nt
47695, Here ya go

You said I attacked you pre-title without reason.

Now that I know who you are,
if you are Ranking with Outlanders, Like you were
when I found you in Thar-Acacia, I will attack you,
like I did. I also died in that fight and was
looted.

#highlight Krolthan Orange

You aided a criminal against me, and looted.

More than enough reason for Furoll to attack you.

But thanks for adding to the speculations and 2cent
throw ins people like to put on my deathposts that
have nothing to back them.
47650, RE: Next time, save me a 100hrs and evil stick em right away then so I know im off track.
Posted by Aarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Actually I watched you a lot. You were most definitely attacking anything and anyone you could find, including at least three attacks in protected cities that I witnessed personally. A lot of it was documented in your history as it happened, from a wide range of imms who all watched you, so we'll let the PBF speak for itself.

I thought Furoll was a fine Tribunal though! They were honest mistakes both times, and I'm not Dalteric (thank god!) but I bet you could have had a reasonable chance to get back in after that one incident. You're not the first one to make that mistake, since the Outskirts and Galadon city work from the same overarea. But then you threw it all out the window and it was downhill from there.

Anyway, good luck with your next. Try a simple role next time, maybe it'll keep you on track. Even if it's only one paragraph.

Aarn.
47629, Die in peace
Posted by Thmauddhot on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didnt mind FUroll. I thought you were relatively new as well, but did have some knowledge of things that newbies dont...

I understood your mistake with the flyto murder...and thought you pissed off an IMM to get the title. It didnt appear you were ever warranted, and I check archives...so I wasnt sure how you gained that name. From all my observations you were trying to please the Spire, kill anyone that was wanted, or an enemy of the Spire in a quest for redemption....so I kept you on relative good terms.

As a Priest of death, you did bring it to my enemies, which was surprising at times. Hunting down unwanted Marans probably is what did you in though.

Basically, I knew that at any given time, I could call on you. Ask you to find so and so...kill so and so...and it was done. WHat more could a death priest ask for?

Try a duergar shaman for the next.

47649, Probably my best ally in Tribunal

As we were ranking up, I didn't make too many friends with
cabal mates. I was concerned with just ranking, since Caroolth
told me is was more important than being on duty for now, given
I was young.

Then you came in, and not only do you make my form nearly invincible
when your around, you taught me a good deal of things too. I havent played a mage class, or tribunal in a while aside from a shortlived character I just deleted a few weeks ago.

I was suprised Khasothalos never said anything to me about how often
we worked together on things. I even sent a pray up when we had our
prayer session in the spire. I didnt worship him, but common goal stuff.

When you had yourself and two other tribs try to gaunt me in that trap, I was very suprised, and unsure what was going on. Far as I knew, the few times I had attacked in town, were either mistakes when I was caballed, or post-title and no one was able to catch me.

Having never been warranted, and the work we've done together, I am still unsure how that played out, but we worked it out soon after which is a good thing.

Had I actually got a chaotic change which I was hoping for instead of an evil, I would have liked to play it out with you and Caroolth, but just wasnt meant to be.

I am sure youll be around for a long time though, so I'll see
you out there.
47671, RE: Die in peace
Posted by Ferrsaan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I often heard others saying you were lawless and evil and corrupt, etc. etc. I think their complaints were based purely off your title, as opposed to actually having met or spoken with you. I always questioned people about the things they would say about you, and no one ever really had anything to back up their own words.

From what I saw, you often hunted criminals and outlanders. I may have seen you attack a battle rager here and there too, but that could be justified as you being a mage, and returning their dislike. What I didn't see is your alleged bloodthirtiness. I think you portrayed yourself a certain way to particular individuals to cater to their needs/opinion. And all of the Imms comments are partially evidence for this.

I think that Gnomes are very difficult to play when aiming to meet the Immortal/player guidelines. They are supposed to be wise beings. For instance, sure, Battle ragers hated you, but maybe a "good" gnome might think that Battle ragers are simply misguided, or just plain fools. And that your primary objective was to protect the law, not advocate a war against others that didn't need it. Just my opinion, however.

I know you are also capable of producing better characters than Furoll. That isn't to say you did a terrible job with Furoll, just could have done better. Write up a role, slap on a description, and come back with something a little more upbeat and inspiring