Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Nysveld the Spectre, Elite Imperial Warlock
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=47483
47483, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Nysveld the Spectre, Elite Imperial Warlock
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Apr 15 16:53:02 2006

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Nysveld perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:necromancer
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:351
47484, Not Much to say, but I will say something
Posted by Nysveld-Data on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First off. This was my first Empire. and well donations are like preps to me to much work.

I read my imm comments, and it was better then I expected. and even my pks were above my deaths. I did take some ass kicking to stupid moves on mobs. but thats life.

This was another attempt to lich plan and simple. No way I was going mummy on this one. just cause I want to lich. I may still be bitter about the time on Agarah or lack of. maybe just power hungry. Who knows?

So anyways. it was a odd run. my whole life I felt like I couldn't get my #### together. failed to track people, failed to land kills. landnig spells on people 8 ranks below was even hard. And even one bad night I raged just cause I had a bad day and a bad time on cf. but I came back.

About the Whole rotd thing, I bring it up, and likely shouldn't but, It was never arranged so many dangeroom being Empire, logins were not timed. it was just our hours. and even then myself I was off by myself when the Empire army was on. I don't like group pks. I suck at them to much going on. so I avoid them.

As For goodbyes. all I really have is Imms.

Eshval - I hate and love you. Your the reason I was around so long. you kept me going (thats where the hate comes in). The lowbie visit in the guild changed my plans for the character. I never planed to at all respect gods or kind of follow. But the hint at power. to much not to change up. Our last interaction kind of left me so confussed I think I gave up, That and I think grurk on the EEC after that I felt I needed a change. But back to you. I love you, our so cool. have about three roles written out for future following of the Muse. If things were different I would have so given you Empire.

Grurk - We didn't interact much, but No hard feelings, about the demote I was expect/ hoping for it. I wanted a way out. I have a hard time deleting characters. I didn't fight it. or anything not cause I fear you. but cause I didn't keep up enough to warrant keeping a sect leader. I still do have mixed feelings about you from our Tribunal days.

To anyone I promoted or demoted. or told not now. I got sick of it. How can you be evil when you are kind in promoting and never given a reason to demote someone. I even tried to get reason. I tried the old "cb Recite your oath". just to hope someone would mess up. And at a time I was the only one in the Sect oathing/ promoting.

Empire in general. Donations blow even more with item values down. Perhaps adjust donations value needs?

Blacks have it hard. Let see, blades are warriors so the divines love to hang with you. So you have healing sanc alot. Divines themselves have healing protections. and love from khas. And shadows have the shadows. the silent attacks. so not much danger. But Blacks no lovnig from other sects most times. and really only power I liked was circle. big advantage, and sigil but thats sect leader. maybe someting for blacks to help in the protections would be useful?

I guess I had alot to say. Questions or anything, just post I'll reply
47487, RE: Not Much to say, but I will say something
Posted by Grurk Muouk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Grurk - We didn't interact much, but No hard feelings, about the demote I was expect/ hoping for it. I wanted a way out. I have a hard time deleting characters. I didn't fight it. or anything not cause I fear you. but cause I didn't keep up enough to warrant keeping a sect leader.

Despite the reputation I seem to have for coming down on people, I
don't look like to do it. I'm glad you understood the reasons and
don't take anything negative away from it.

I still do have mixed feelings about you from our Tribunal days.

Oh? I have to admit, I don't remember alot from Grurk mortal life-
it was only 300 or so hours of the 3 or 4 thousand I've been logged
in as Grurk. What did I do? :)

G.

47488, It was never really one thing you did..
Posted by Data on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was more of how our personalities are, small things you did bugged me. and their was one or two times I should have removed you from the Spire, but didn't. Maybe my lack of action when I know I should have left me with a bad taste.

But really, Nysveld boring roleplay? maybe you caught me after I basically gave up on the character?
47490, RE: It was never really one thing you did..
Posted by Grurk Muouk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, I came back active after you had been Dread Lord- not sure how
long, but it was clear there was something missing. Given your positive
interactions with Eshval, I assumed you were one of those characters
that only "RP'd it up" when you knew you were being watched.

Now that I know who the player is, I'm sure that isn't the case. I'm
sure I just caught you after you had gotten burned out some. As for
Empire, I'm trying to get some changes implemented, but as we all know,
the wheels of change move slow from time to time. :) That's all I'll
mention about that.

Good luck with your next.

G.
47492, RE: Not Much to say, but I will say something
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>Blacks have it hard. Let see, blades are warriors so the
>divines love to hang with you. So you have healing sanc alot.
>Divines themselves have healing protections. and love from
>khas. And shadows have the shadows. the silent attacks. so not
>much danger. But Blacks no lovnig from other sects most times.
>and really only power I liked was circle. big advantage, and
>sigil but thats sect leader. maybe someting for blacks to help
>in the protections would be useful?

For all of that, it's a solid Black Emperor (of either class) that seems like, potentially, the biggest powerhouse possible in Empire.

Onto Nysveld and your experience more specifically.

Disclamer: I don't have anything to do with lichquests currently.

I have to agree with Grurk, the RP I saw from Nysveld didn't stand out in my mind. It was a little like watching assembly line Empire necromancer number 39,432. There's nothing wrong with that; the Empire in particular as a cabal I think lends it self to archetypal roles, but at the same time, to get a lich quest you're effectively asking someone on staff to put in a few hours of work on your behalf. That doesn't mean you have to have a wacked-out-stupid role, but it helps if you're the kind of character someone really wants to interact with and play with. If you're going to be archetypal, be that, but take the RP up a notch and really exude presence if you can.

Some of my favorite characters ever are characters I didn't intend to interact with, but got drawn in despite myself because the character concept and RP was so cool. You don't have to work that kind of mojo to get a lich quest, but I'm sure it would help a lot.

Making a character to try again to get lich is probably not the way to go about it. Make a character cool enough and memorable enough that people will want to see him as a lich instead.
47494, RE: Not Much to say, but I will say something
Thanks for the advice, I agree with it all And know I kind of went half ass on this one.

It didn't really start out as a Necro just to try to lich, I started out as a First empire character and there was no blacks around. I did have a rp all thought out, but I lost it somewhere along the way. And will likely try the rp again. It was just at somepoint, where I i ended up saying to myself, i'm not interested in going 600 hours of constant rping. to stand out then think about a quest. I just said to myself, rp for a quest and leave it at that. Agarah was the other way, I rped cause I couldn't stop playing the character, it was so fun. And as for the assembly line of Empire necro's I agree fully I ended up in that. one reason for that, was the fear of easy booting and having an extra enemy. I honestly thought my lack of showing to raids/defs would have gotten me in trouble early on. so I fell into the cookie cutter, not wanting to piss of people in empire, so fell back into the background of a coward, then faded out completely.
47498, Not much interaction, but sorry to see you go
Posted by Farign on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were one of the people where it just felt like I had your number. I must admit, I was kind of nervous raiding the Empire completely alone with no backup with a dread lord on. I didn't even have a transportation potion on me. But then 3 wraths for Oblits later, I didn't have to worry about you anymore. Then I chased you down and got you. Anyway, good luck with the next.
Ciao
47500, RE: Not Much to say, but I will say something
Posted by Eshval on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Often, I find myself asking what I would do in the character's place. In your case, I felt a certain amount of pain and regret that a lich quest was not going to be in your future. Your rp at the Manse with me was pretty good, and your role was a good read and well constructed. Where you fell down a bit was outside of immortal interaction, that being, you lowered your standards when no immortal was about. I spent a good deal of time watching you, as I do all who follow me, and I am sure you have a good grasp of rp mechanics and not too bad at the pk aspect. I am sure you can manage any role you play as long as you make that role part of yourself.

Luck on future stuff.
47501, RE: Not Much to say, but I will say something
I find it cool that you take interest in people on your who sphere, it was a nice surpise, I normally avoid Imms, I never am sure how to act around them. don't want to be a kiss ass, don't want to piss them off. don't want to be someone that stands listening and says nothing the whole time.

With the lich quest, getting it would have been nice of course, but it was said many times by myself in dangeroom, I didn't earn one, and if I got it was juts a default one from maybe imms thinking one needs to be around.

I'll see you around, I'm sure.
47510, Some fun fights from you.
Posted by Silvellien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Lower levels I generally got tooled, and would have to call in help. Blind/flee/sleep is evil. Sleep was basically an instant kill on me in lower levels.

Higher levels I got Maran powers, second spec, and legacies, and started getting you back. You must really not be used to eyes of flame =P

I hate necros in general, but I appreciate that the few times you managed to get to my corpse before I did you never full-looted me.

Good luck in the fields with your next char
47512, RE: Some fun fights from you.
Low/mid levels, Nercos are just sick, and this one I didn't stick around I more or less just ranked.

Eyes of flame, I have dealt with it alot, I just don't like it. and non preped it's hard to deal with. that and being 47 vs 51s and no interest in mummy quest. but that was my choice.

All around good fights, hope to face you again someday