Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [TRIBUNAL] Platious the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=47356
47356, (AUTO) [TRIBUNAL] Platious the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Apr 10 09:50:55 2006

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Platious perished, never to return.
Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:352
47456, Was alot of fun for alot of hours...
Posted by Platious on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was my second PC passed Level 11. The first was Murcadin, also in Tribunal. But this was my first hero, as I'm sure anyone who fought me was well aware...

I think the down fall of Platious was I tried to do way too much for the experience I have in the game. I wanted to come out and try to RP like I had been playing for the last 10 years. It didn't work. I tried to come out and get a tatoo from an Imm. I failed horribly (and it was my own fault and I understand this...now) Mainly though, I really wanted to also learn how to PK and I made that almost impossible by giving myself a handicap, throught my RP, right out of the gate.

If there is something I learned from this experience it is to try and learn really well one aspect of the game with each new character when you are first starting out. Yes, still RP while trying to PK and vice verse, but just stick to one or the other at first. I know, I can hear you all saying "That's not true!' but, atleast for me, it is. I think alot of newbie frustration is just trying to do way to much when you first start out.

Now that my rant is done...I did have alot of fun with Platious and did learn quiet a bit. Thanks to everyone that tried to help me along the way. Allies and Enemies. I learned alot from both.

I would like to say I am sorry to Trabryn, After our last meeting I walked away with a bitter taste in my mouth, but the more I thought about it, the more I understood. I learned alot from that interaction. Thank you.

I think I may be done with the Tribunal now for a bit, Time to learn a new Cabal...

If you post something I'll reply. Too many people to mention by name.
47459, I was wondering if I'd EVER see you up here
Posted by Makwar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I bumped into you Krashnar and Makwar, and I dug you even if you where a outright newb.

And some advice, if you want to RP and PK,
Don't RP some goodie panzy ass, be EVIL, and to a T, and don't worry about hero, just chill in the low ranks 20-30ish beat people up, and RP your ass off, you'd be suprised what you'll learn. You might bump into Nep, or Daurwyn, or some other hard core player that Knows some #### and might even be willing to give you a couple pointers if your willing to listen. while your ranking or after they beat your ass. Also, being evil gives you an excuse to kill your groupmates, as well as mindlessly murder a few people.
Remember No whining, take your horrible death like a man especially if they just pure outclassed you. =P I know I bite my Ire often.
And as for a Cabal, try Empire, or Scion, or if your brave enough Battle or Outlander. You can join all these as a Newb with some decent RP and a hankering for pain. These are in degress of Difficulty IMO.

So go kick some ass, where rootin for you, even if some of the cheerleaders failed to make a showing.

Oh, and don't go tryin no damned Dark-elf Necros...
47475, RE: I was wondering if I'd EVER see you up here
Posted by Platious on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were one of the ones I always tried to watch when ever you were around. Trying to pick up things when ever I could. Thanks for all the help! And almost being my first PK win! Solo win that is...

As far as trying evil...Let's just say I agree with you. Makes for learning a bit easier. You are also right about worring about hero. I was kind of caught up in the whole idea of it. I sacrificed alot to try and get myself there. I'm not making that mistake again. Nep always says the game doesn't start at hero. Now that I had one, I agree completely.

I try not to get all upset when I get completely destroyed. How could I? It happened so often! I would TRY and RP losses as I think I should, I hope it doesn't come across wrong.

Thanks for the advice and at this point I'm taking all the advice I can get! and don't worry, no dark-elf necros in my near future.