Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Ikajio the Harbringer of War, Magistrate of Galadon
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=46974
46974, (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Ikajio the Harbringer of War, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by N b M on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Welp, this was my last character. Long time in coming this stepping away from carrionfields. Always wanted to try an ap with a higher int and less strength, woe is me, it was a bad idea ;). All my spells landed quit a bit of the time (except worldbind) and if I could catch someone one on one they were meat (xept for druids and most ragers of course). I enjoy tribunal and I played this magistrate as close to a true lawman as I could. All flags I did were because I thought they were deserved and I never let anyone buy me off (sorry bout that Selkyar). The only mess up with ikajio was while talking to a shifter in his guild in Hamsah, I hit the wrong macro key and instead of inherenting flight, I inherented wingsweep and attacked him in town. He didn't say anything and I played it out in game that I convinced myself it was better for the spire if it never happened.

Started playing cf back in 94/95, cant remember, my first Char was an arial assassin and I think I didn't even train detect hidden, HAHA. I learned fast though, and by the time I knew it I was rocking out decent pk ratios for a time. Got sent to basic training, came back after AIT and started school/work and mudding a bit again. Played for the next couple of years then had to reign it in to go to Iraq. Got back, did school, mudded, dropped out of school, mudded and pretty much avoided life and stayed somewhat solitary for a long time, avoiding places with groups of people or people I didnt know, hell, I avoided pretty much everyone and everything until a couple months ago.

This game is great, but there are a few balance issues between the cabals I think the imms should be able to fix with relative ease and a few decent ideas. Aside from that this game is amasing, addicting, and waaaaaaaay too time consuming. If I was rich and never had to work and never had a girl and never had to finish school I would never leave, but I am hanging up my hat.

Goodbyes

Imms

Eshval- I absolutely adore you and the presence you bring when your around, you actually watch and INTERACT!! and I love it, thought about giving your religion one more go since you put the knew spin on it but hey, gotta take my leave. Keep doing what your doing, your awsome

Zulgh- You though my friend are the best imm in the game, a shame your never around anymore but such is life. Hope you remember my drow assassin follower of yours, he was the char I always hoped to live up to, and although my interactions with you were far and few between they were memerable. I still say I wanted to go out that last death feeding your axe!

Intronan was my other favored imm of all time, great great roleplay.

and to the rest of you, much love, keep it up, and nep... come on man, quit denying changing #### you know you changed!! I joke, I joke

Morts

Sorry provost, you rock though, Kagliostrum, your comin along, Zerael and Zhalindra, you two are massively tough together (wish I could have joined in, hate the gank mentality though) to the rest of trib (you damn goodies) we had good arguements

Outlanders, I had a bit of respect for a couple of you, Mhardat though, you just sicken me, your rot;word;wither;word #### is pathetic. Aeria, your tough as nails, hell, I couldnt take you before you had pets with Ghutaal and with pets your that much more scary. Alenysi, I really really liked you, you rocked and we had good conversations (if I pissed you off in any of those you have my apologies, they were all roleplay based though so blah :P)

Marans- Man I hate eyes of flame, I also hate maran paladins that 'uphold' the code but yet come into town and kill guards and almost everything else in sight to get to that one evil person.. should be definately reigned in for #### like that

Greddarh, you cant imagine how many people I had gunning for you and your axe, man, I try to think back but I loose count around 27 and cant remember the rest. Keep trucking, your a beast.

Aladanthal- You I have respect for, an elf pally to the bone. When you chose the Aryth ocean for our fight I was grinning at my screen just waiting for you to walk into the area.

Well ####, anyone else I didn't drop a line for I am sorry

Signing out (in what looks to be for good)

NbM
Chris Willig

oh yeah, and just for your enjoyment and a little for my pride
Char list (as much as I can remember)

Lokaoan (human assassin) scarab

Aubuaia (human assassin) scion for a time till in a drunken tantrum/rage I spam telled someone and lost my ability to speak ;)

Duasgel (duergar warrior mace/whip) scion, had quite a set for a time, a near 80 damroll!

Gegreigar (fire giant warrior mace/dagger) Tribunal with a couple extra legacies (they were testing them out on me and a certain maran felar)

Jhalstruvv (drow assassin zulgh tat)

Vhengret Satampra the raven of the wilds (human ranger Intronan tat)

Akscereh Surioth (human shifter chancellor of scion eshval follower)

well, thats what I can remember

peace
47011, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Ikajio the Harbringer of War, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by Iander on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked this character...but I believe you let equipment dictate your character. I had only one bad interaction...and it was when you skirted the law. Other then that...I was hoping we could do battle. You never chose to fight me alone...but always with another. I hope you return...because I have played alongside a few of your characters...and I enjoy them.
47010, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Ikajio the Harbringer of War, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by shamanman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man, be it Yetesip, Tarseti, or a bit further back Treyis I've liked your characters. You are a solid player, and I hope against hope you will be back. Acksereh honest to god was my favorite Mort to date that I have EVER interacted with.

Your pocket healer and hurl-throating friend -Shamanman.
47009, Interesting
Posted by Silvellien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Marans- Man I hate eyes of flame, I also hate maran paladins that 'uphold' the code but yet come into town and kill guards and almost everything else in sight to get to that one evil person.. should be definately reigned in for #### like that

I hate Tribunals who attack my cabalmates (outside of town) and then throw a warrant on me for helping them. I guess it could be interpreted as part of the law (don't assist criminals), but with that interpretation anything that hits back when you hit it outside of town is definitely breaking the law - by weakening you, the mob assists the criminals you will fight later on. But thats alright =P

As an aside, I think you should definitely have stuck with whips more, lashes cause elf warriors whole lots of pain. Just ask Iander. Heh.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do, and come back to the fields if you can.
47012, About flagging people groupped with criminals out of town txt
Posted by Nightwiggler on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If I ever play a tribunal, I'm going to do this fetishistically.

The best way to get something changed is to abuse it.
47005, Re:Ikajio
Posted by Morasfenmire on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
An arial ap is a brave choice. I commend you on that. The one thing that really turned my stomach as a player was the massive amount of out of range smack talk you talked in an endless stream.

When you finally came into range, that all stopped, which was good. Guess when you had to play with the big boys, life got a lot tougher? Besides that one thing, an interesting and brave character to play. Good luck with your next.
47000, So long
Posted by Artisle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, even though you snubbed me, or included me with the goodie tribunals, I thought I'd say you did a good job. I liked logging in to see you around, wish you the best of luck in the future.

Artisle
46997, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Ikajio the Harbringer of War, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by Caroolth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, short and sweet...sad to see you go, rather liked you in the Spire, and the way you played, and good luck with the real world out there.
46994, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Ikajio the Harbringer of War,...
Posted by Erivoran on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a feeling your distaste for my attacking you in Galadon extending beyond purely in character. I'm sorry you feel I don't play a proper paladin. As for 'everything in sight', I got one cityguard in one round, after you fled, and killed one of your guards. Its hardly as dramatic as you'd make it out to be. Regardless when I was empowered it was made clear that while I would not try to slaughter guards left and right, it would be unacceptable to put the laws above my obligations to my religion. Thankfully I'm not orderly, and respecting the laws and those who keep them does not equal "don't ever attack anyone in town and don't ever become wanted".

Its a thin line to tread.

Regardless, sorry you didn't enjoy your character.