Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject[Deleted] Gharahka the Legend of the Battlefields, Imperial War Master
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=46957
46957, [Deleted] Gharahka the Legend of the Battlefields, Imperial War Master
Posted by elmeri_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I got tired of waiting for my post to show up. I had a fun ride for 325 hours. I was running low on con, and I decided I'm not going to keep this charachter over the next few trips soon. I have just signed a contract as the head coach for a ski club, and my kids have the national champs and junior cup finals comming soon, and after that probably a few training camps. I was going to keep banging heads for a few days longer, but after I got full looted, I realised it's better to delete since I wouldn't have the time to get geared up before my inevitable deletion. All I can say it was a fun ride, with a fewer than usual spots of frustration, and lots of action. My first duergar, and I never realised how bad the vulns really are. Everyone and their brother was tooling me with wrath or light. I don't think I've been UNSPEAKED this much with any other charachter. Duergar flurry was not as good as I expected, and it took quite a bit of getting used to how things work. Towards the end, I think I was starting to do ok. I got to see lots of bad odds, and lots of good odds, so that balanced out nicely. It was a 325 hours in less than two months (Gharahka was rolled January 29 or 30, I think).

Now, to goodbyes.

Imms:
I didn't get a lot of interaction, but I don't think I deserved much more. A few gentle nudges forward, and a few less gentle ones back.

Grurk: Your usual intimidating self, the same I experienced as Sdradiga. There was that one comment you made over sect channel that made me wonder though. Did you really think I was that bad/unskilled, or was it something else?
Khasotholas: After you spoke about the duties of the memebers of council to me and Grunlath, I tried to take more of a War Master attitude to raids and warfare in general, I hope I did at least a decent job at it.
An Immortal: thanks for the exp after that one defense, and one pat on the back I got over Sect channel.
Whoever handled the *cough* incident: you were real cool about it all, tried to be as cooperative as possible, I can imagine how bad it all looked.

Empire:
Grunlath: Good Emperor, took the lead well, and fighting with you was cool, since I knew you'd be doing your thing. Not very harsh, not very evil, but we tackled through some bad times with guerilla war fare against the maran horde.
Merlah: Took LOADS of beating, but improved a lot while doing it. At the beginning, I spent more time gtelling you what to do than doing anything myself. Getting better all the time, keep at it man. I swear I almost punched my monitor in this one time I was two rounded in briartangle on the Imperial Road by the Aeria crew, and when running back to corpse, you asked in your mino speak 'Whoo wath iit'. Mino speak does not fit well with anger and frustration :P
Strouth: Good necro from what I saw, shame you didn't show up more, we could've been brutal.
Nysveld: Forget + entwine is the bomb. You were mostly alone doing your thing.
Zliffen: A hidden ally is always good to pop up, especially in a cabal defense.
Lotruk: Insane firepower, killing people with you was no fun, since you'd always be the one padding your ratio :P. You were mean in the hastur way, insane fire power in the combo, lots of damroll. Point and shoot. Wasn't really sure how you'd handle yourself in a tricky situation though, where a 1k flurry, or double oblit pincer wouldn't do the trick for one reason or another.
Ekebe: You will be missed by the Empire. Good player, good combo. You made me wish I'd gone fire giant.
Reupel: Had some good times. The ram is good in defenses especially, since it can tear up non-tanking people fast.

Ragers:
Kaisse: Badass. Dagger > sword. I was outmatched, and whatever approach I tried to think of, just didn't work. Didn't have all the preps I had later in life, so I just might have had a better chance one on one, but unlikely.
Ysaloerye: I just couldn't take you down fast enough, and most of the times we met, it was during a raid where either side was overpowering harshly. My last few days we got two fights. The other fight ended a bit unlucky for me, in the first fight I was a bit bummed, since I took you down to pretty hurt, and as I was trying to pursue, Gorrnar pincered me.
Kragathian: I don't think I ever got you in a proper one on one. The closest thing was at the Destructor when I was rescued out, and I just got a few hits from demonfire or something helping me. Tough to fight surounding at the Destructor. You got me a few times, but I think I would've had it easier later on when I was a bit more prep happy.
Gorrnar: The one rager I actually didn't have lots of hard time with (except when you jumped in when I was fighting someone else). You being good made it a lot easier, since I could slap on protection for extra dam redux. Weaponbreaker was a bitch. So many long trips to get back my saber.
Lerimos: Another one I could generally beat if prepared, sometimes even without.
The cloud giants: I so wanted to fight you, to get some payback on that wrath vuln. Sadly, never happened.

Maran:
Paladins: wrath = pain, temperance = no chance, Definace = death, dispel + bash = loot.
Reir: At first I tried to use fancy tactics. MISTAKE. Bashing worked perfect.
Seltun: Arrrrr. I was outdamaged even through command denial. Even with axes. Might've tried flails, since those seem harder to dodge, but never got the chance.
Silvellien: Bash worked well, yet again.
Might be forgetting some, but in general bash > maran warrior.

Outlanders:
Same story with all of you. I hate chameleon. Sooo much. No raid or defense was ever safe. You guys have lots of patience, considering you can't sneak around in chamo, and it would be ages between seeing you in who pk. Aeria just ate me alive usually. The usual problem was that I was usually always jumped, and if I can't prep for a fight, I'm good as gone.

Scion:
Greddarh: Ouch, ouch and ouch. The first time, I had just ran in and forgot about iceball. The second time, wtf was I thinking? At least I got to be a part of that axe, so all my efforts were not lost. You better use it well!

Forgetting some probably, for anyone involved, thank for all the fun!
47081, RE: [Deleted] Gharahka the Legend of the Battlefields, ...
Posted by Aekel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What you did in game at the inn was classic...the gank and stuff, tickled me to death. Nice run, that little trick made me hate you IC, and just love the overall player. Good job!
47015, Gone har ?
Posted by Gorrnar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

was fun fighting you. Indeed i haven't much to boast of against you. It was SO sad to have a flail spec disarm you off seven weapons in one fight. You literally emptied my inventory. Made me want to delete. You were my bane, even with my other legacy. it was like your choice of weapons and legacy was taken with an intent to counter mine (I specially took my legacy because of the 21309721093821 whip specs at hero..Gharahka, Ispiris et all.) I was never afraid of you but the way you prepped I knew I'd have to thirst to fight you. IC i did respect you, cause I've seen you come alone but at the same time I did tip towards disgust because of the 'friends' the empire always brought. But props to you, you pulled off the char well. I am happy you are gone (makes my life easier :P) but only sad thing is that we couldn't have more quality fights than what we did.
47014, RE: [Deleted] Gharahka the Legend of the Battlefields, Imperial War Master
Posted by Nreisshe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You had some majorly bad luck with me... or I had good luck, either or. Usually people don't teleport into easy to find wilderness areas nearby when they're blind and near death, or flee straight into the snare, or end up fighting in a room with only 1 exit. :P

I obviously had to be careful with you, though, flailspecs can eat a ranger alive all too easily if they're prepped up (and the ranger isn't, which is most of the time for me).

Good luck and all that jazz.
46995, RE: [Deleted] Gharahka the Legend of the Battlefields, ...
Posted by Erivoran on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You seemed pretty classy and competant. Your vuln made me happy, I was glad to wreak a little havok upon some of you imperials. Shame I wasn't able to seal the deal though. I look forward to your next, you're a fun enemy to have.
46990, C'ya
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think I agree with Khas, infinitely better alone than with the herd.
Man how many times did I with I took harmonious with you? Often how well I did depended on how much you tried to bash. We both had our good showings against each other and our bad. Eventually it seemed you would never come at me unless fully prepped. I remember schooling you one time at the village when I was headless, you ran off an came back with a transmuter, who promplty died when you ran off and left him (head was back) and then you came back with Ispris and schooled me at the destructor. Dunno it's sad sometimes when a warriors winnin tactic is preps/gear and bash, I much prefer the more finessful wins.
But you seemed a solid enough warmaster and you were never an easy kill. Your spec/legacies made you tricky as hell to fight, and often a tide turner in group vs group.
Glad you had fun...fargin gullie####e.
46998, The problem with finesse against ragers.
It just doesn't work very often. Trying to do finesse moves is not very smart when a few blows can end the fight. I like combos that can control the fight, I'm so lost with stuff like dagger specs. Damage and lagging skills are easy, since I know exactly what is happening, I just don't feel comfortable performing moves when I'm not sure if they are working or not. I try to take a creative approach, but it's just so often that the tried and tested bash spam wins.
47001, RE: C'ya
Posted by Vegalicous on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Uhm, "Dunno it's sad sometimes when a warriors winnin tactic is preps", you do know that NOT prepping against a zerker is just about certain death? Finesse is cool, but I wouldn't dream of trying finesse if I knew that your deathblow with that wrath-mace is going to eat more than a few hundred of my hps. If you play a none-rager warrior and fight a rager you should allways prep and you should allways be hasted, that's just my two öre.
46986, RE: [Deleted] Gharahka the Legend of the Battlefields, Imperial War Master
Posted by Khasotholas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
On your own you were an infinitely more interesting character than you were when you were with a group. You tended to fade into the backround when there were others to lead. On your own you seemed to enjoy taking chances more, and getting out there and doing things more. You can still do that in a group! Overall decent, good luck with your next.
46985, RE: [Deleted] Gharahka the Legend of the Battlefields, Imperial War Master
Posted by Grunlath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"Grunlath: Good Emperor, took the lead well, and fighting with you was cool, since I knew you'd be doing your thing. Not very harsh, not very evil, but we tackled through some bad times with guerilla war fare against the maran horde."

Yes yes, i know i am warmhearted and soft. Actually i rather build a strong army than demoting it to pieces. Afterall i am conquering Thera and not running some little despotic kingdom. You were skilled, but at times a bit slow to attack those i summoned. I remember just one incident where we seriously messed up (rescue at watcher), so all in all a good run. You must have burned through a lot of preps, and i did seldom give you time to restock. Did you ever perfect entwine?
There is a funny story on why you got War Master and not Azatrak, but since the involved players are still around i will wait until i am dead to say it.
Good char, and good luck with everything.
46980, RE: [Deleted] Gharahka the Legend of the Battlefields, Imperial War Master
Posted by Rongar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Since we are both dead
yeah.... I hated fighting you cause you never were alone
or you came at me when I was at 30% health or so...

I would have love to fight you one on one...

I always have problems fighting warmasters never know why

luck with the next one...
46972, I HATE BASH!!!!!
Posted by Silvellien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would run around varying the enlarges and dimunitions, and you'd be able to bash me anyway for some reason. I got permalagged regularly while enlarged. Ugh.

Secondly, methinks if you used more whip/flail specs you'd be a lot scarier. Seriously, it isn't just lash (when bash no worky) and entwine - choke is an incredible skill, and I remember a few times when there were two or three of us fighting you where choke would have evened the odds immensely and maybe allowed you to get a kill or two.

We had some good fights, but bash was way too crippling. If you weren't enlarged I was usually owned - dagger/flail simply can't compete with imperial offense + dual swords without executing a whole bunch of maledictive specs, which I didn't have access to (bloody permalag!). I will say this, if we could have fought one on one more I had a few strats in mind which would have tooled you if I could get it through the permalag =P
46971, RE: [Deleted] Gharahka the Legend of the Battlefields, Imperial War Master
Posted by Grurk Muouk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You wrote: "Grurk: Your usual intimidating self, the same I experienced as Sdradiga. There was that one comment you made over sect channel that made me wonder though. Did you really think I was that bad/unskilled, or was it something else?"

Unskilled? Dunno, I had just come back from a bit of an absence
and I see of all my blades, the one with the lowest PK ratio AND
lowest donations is the War Master. So I made the comment that
the Emperor must really like you, or something.

Anyways, good luck with all that real life stuff! See ya when you
get back.

-Grurk
46981, Okee, it's all cool
I had fought through some bad odds, and with my rager mentality, that leads to lots of death :P. I guess I need to work on getting those donations steadily up if I play another imperial (and I'm sure I will), my agressive play style and the way I burn through cash just doesn't give me lots of time to gather. Didn't actually know you had been out, I guess (or hope) that numbers don't always tell the entire truth.
46996, RE: [Deleted] Gharahka the Legend of the Battlefields, ...
Posted by Ispris on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dude, are you sure? My donations sucked.

Bad. :P
47013, RE: [Deleted] Gharahka the Legend of the Battlefields, ...
Posted by Azatrak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well all my stuff was legit. Gharahka being promoted to WM by Grunlath is the shadiest thing in an OOC way I've seen in awhile, close to my bitching IC that sounded OOC about it, but I feel it was justified.

No hard feelings.
47019, Why do Sect leaders need to donate?
Posted by Someone on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why not make all the peons do it for you? Hell, if it is that important, I would just make each blade collect 100K worth of items for me a week, then demote them when theirs are low. Now that is EVIL :)
47021, My name is Grurk, and I endorse this post. n/t
Posted by Grurk Muouk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
46966, Good char
Posted by Reir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah when you tried to entwine/flurry/etc usually I could bring your hp down faster. But with bash you owned me every time. :) I wonder if you read my mind or what, reduced/enlarged you still bashed me good. Strip doesn't work on you either, and fists seemed to hit more than flails, so I didn't have much to work on with you. Just curious..did your flurries work less on me than others?

Anyway, you were 1 of the 2 people I feared in Empire, glad that you're gone :D But seriously, well done with this one, I enjoyed it.
46984, Sadly, that's just the way flurry was working for me.
The way entwine fubared my defense, it just wasn't a very atractive choice, unless I was not facing very rough melee. Reduce is always a risk, it would probably be best if you just enlarged and hoped for some missed bashes. Even then, with str 17 and low carry weight, bash will not be easy to cope with.
46965, Gharahka damn your flurry in Voralian
Posted by Aundar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man was I frustrated. I ate a MANGLE on my prep, which failed, and then Draethen didn't sanc me before I rushed to try and get you. I owed you for getting spirit-breaker off of me and for getting me like that in Voralian. Damned moves forcing me to doublethrust instead of flurry. But you had balls to stay and flurry, and it won it for you.

Then, the next time I died to you and Nysveld at the Council because I lagged like a mofo when whoever I was with summoned you and I had been spamming bash. Call me a noob there :(

I liked Gharahka though. You had guts to always be on no matter the odds, and I never lumped you into what I considered an Empire perma of other, still-active chars that I thought were somewhat shady. Good luck with the next, if it has the same nuts as Gharahka you will continue to be a solid asset to CF.
46982, Not so much guts
More that I had a very bad day, and I just snapped. I was soo lucky to get a good flurry in, I rarely saw more than 4 hits in PK.
46962, RE: [Deleted] Gharahka the Legend of the Battlefields, Imperial War Master
Posted by Greddarh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First thing I wish to tell.. damn you for deleting you could end dying at me a bit more. No one else gave me five charges per kill. Sometimes your were tough, sometimes you were not but most battles we had you did some mistakes. If you remember your last death... you could make me flee by just spamming flurry instead of spamming flee when your movements are under 0.

Anyway good luck with your next. It was nice to have you as an enemy.
46983, The reason I spammed flee.
Can't flurry without moves, and iceball doesn't in fact drop movement below 0, it just takes them to 0. The reason I spammed, was I hoped for a tick to land, so I'd have enough mv to flee. Never happened, but that's life.
47075, RE: The reason I spammed flee.
Posted by Kamuela_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You can choke when you are out of moves though, knockout skills save lives.
46961, Ruh roh
Posted by Lerimos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When you had your set and preps you were tough, we didnt fight too much 1v1. Thought you were pretty competent outside of the horde but didnt get a full display. Good luck with the real life stuff.