Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Azrael the Weaver of the Elements, Imperial Citizen
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=46863
46863, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Azrael the Weaver of the Elements, Imperial Citizen
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Mar 19 21:01:54 2006

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Azrael perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:279
46894, Should have prob deleted a while back...
Posted by Azrae on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This char was a lot of fun aside from being continually harrassed by an imm/imms about being part of some huge perma conspiracy. But hey, there will always be people who try to ruin things for others. I always thought, "Hmm. If I was part of some huge perma, why wouldn't I just make a sect leader and not a citizen who kneeled down to everyone?" Part of the mystery of "immvestigation" we will never understand.

This char was a mute. Possessed by a demon who only let him cast spells. Basically the demon controlled everything he did. Especially him being a super-suckup citizen. Just wanted something to make him different. In the end not being able to CB when slept and whatnot was a huge PITA. But fun nonetheless.

With playing times dwindling and spring approaching I had been considering deleting for some time. The final straw was the funny Imperial log. I realized it was only a matter of time before an imm picked my char's name out of a hat and decided he was the founder of an ICQ conspiracy!

Anyhoo. Thanks to all the players who made this char fun. And thanks to the imms who find better things to do than pretend they are on CSI. Oh and BTW...I didn't even realize Azrael was the cat on Smuffs till well over 100 hours. Must have seeped into my brain somehow.
46917, Man, even I thought Empire had some coordination with their characters...
Posted by Da Bull on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And I usually really, really, give people the benefit of the doubt. Hearing all the talk about it OOC then really made me wonder what everyone was thinking.

I mean, we all sit around and try and think up what the most unstoppable combination of class/races can be, but we never actually get the stones to do it.

Anyway, I actually really liked this character, even though I interacted with him very sparsely. I saw you on at times when you were one of the few Imperials on.
46924, RE: Should have prob deleted a while back...
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I personally didn't think there was a huge conspiracy there. You and one other guy? Oh hell yes. I don't think there's any way you could get me to buy otherwise.

As for 'why make a citizen', I'd assume the obvious answer is that the citizen classes potentially prop Empire up a lot since they don't have them. Certainly I didn't see other Empire push you around as much as I might have expected.

One of the gangingest Empire of recent memory.

The whispering wind thing was tres cool, though. I think I could have really liked this character if there were more touches like that and less shady ganging.
46868, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Azrael the Weaver of the Elements, Imperial Citizen
Posted by Karakan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You stuck it out in Empire for quite awhile where your allies were just as likely to into enemies. I'll give you props for your numerous contributions, since Empire isn't exactly the cabal of choice for any invoker. You definitely made the Empire strong with your presence, and I would have liked to see you earn some sort of position of authority beyond merely citizen status. Good luck on your next.