Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Hortik the Initiate of the Macalla, Provincial Magistrate
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=46485
46485, (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Hortik the Initiate of the Macalla, Provincial Magistrate
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Mar 6 19:45:13 2006

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Hortik perished, never to return.
Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:44
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:91
46513, Satisfaction
Posted by Iander on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed that one interaction we had. Your response to my reply was perfect...and I thought mine was witty as well. I was actually thinking of turning myself into you after that...but I just couldn't. Roll an evil and come to the dark side.
46486, What a long, strange ride it's been
Posted by Hortik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh, not really.

The time investment I put on myself with my character choices simply outweighed that which I was willing to give. Plus my roleplay was pretty bad. And my PK wasn't too terrific either ;).

All in all it was good to get back into the swing of things, I'll be playing something that doesn't require certain constraints/responsibilities that a caballed giant requires.

Friends

Caroolth: You're a great Provost in Hortik's eyes. I had respect for you with your patience and guidance. Thanks for the promotions.

Artisle: You're a competant cat, and I felt that together we could do some damage.

Kagliostrum: You have a great attitude, keep on trucking.

Thestune: I heart Empire healers. By no means a sleight to your abilities, but I would love to see you say 'No' every now and then -- with Khasotholas and being evil you get that 'get out of healing free' card. Otherwise, cool char, I definately felt indestructible with you.

Enemies

Morse, Drakzin: You guys are very competent, and very scary! Morse, I truly felt bad as a player the single time I managed to kill you and lost your gear when I left town. Drakzin, I could do without the attitude, but since you constantly had the upper hand against me, you could pretty much say and do as you want ;).

Aeria, Thrugald: Although brief, I enjoyed our interactions.

Immortals, thanks again for a great game.

-Exit
46490, Disappointing
Posted by Thrugald on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was really looking forward to having you as an enemy. First of all, you provided a much needed strength to the Tribs. More importantly, for me, it gave me a chance to interact with an enemy without hearing the characteristic petulant whining one usually does. The recognition for our brief yet promising should go squarely on your shoulders; it's too bad there won't be more.

Good luck with your next.
46494, Sorry to see this.
Posted by Artisle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Hortik. We had our "Arguments" but that was great in my opinion. The law is a relatively fluid thing, and the interpretation of the rules of a magistrate are as well. I liked you calling me out on some things, and giving me the chance to rp Artisle's evil thoughts.

I'm sure that first legacy pick helped in this decision. I know someone else who took it once and was very disappointed with it.

I wish you had stayed, things are getting even between the Tree and the Spire...it seems, and I don't mind having a flail spec backing me up!

Again, great job, thanks for the advice on that certain item I needed.

Artisle
46495, RE: What a long, strange ride it's been
Posted by Kipli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The Tribunals have been the underdog to the Outlanders for almost two months now. It seemed they were just starting to swing back to having a consistent presence, thanks in part to you, but I can see they've still got aways to go. We didn't fight much, and when we did, I couldn't stay long against the odds(usually other tribs or Imperials would be around), but wihout those little scraps I'd have been much less interested in playing. So thanks for making things a little more fun.

And Artisle, unless you include the Imperials and the Ragers as part of the Cabal(which is entirely possible), the Spire still has a long way to go before they start competing with the Refuge again, our numbers are just too strong. And I can't remember the last time I had to retrieve the fetish.
46498, We are on an upswing.
Posted by Artisle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If Caroolth and I hadn't been both almost dead when you raided last night, I think you would have found death as your friend. :)

Who knows though, who knows. We did take the fetish recently. Though, it has seemed like outlander has been losing people lately.
46502, RE: What a long, strange ride it's been
Posted by Caroolth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You folks picked what was absolutely the worst possible time to come...in fact, I don't think you could have timed it better...and, with any luck, you're going to have some more competition from the Spire...we're starting to come up better...

Now, if only my con lasts that long =)
46501, RE: What a long, strange ride it's been
Posted by Caroolth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You seemed competent, and willing to interview, etc...all the things I was looking for. So, sucks to see you go. I was rather looking forward to the cranial tag thing again ;)