Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Elros the Student of History
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=46375
46375, (DELETED) [None] Elros the Student of History
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Mar 4 01:13:07 2006

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Elros perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:bard
Level:45
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:145
46377, RE: (DELETED) [None] Elros the Student of History
Posted by Elros on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was a fun time playing this character, didn't really expect much from him at the start was just looking to check out bards since I haven't played them before. Was my first Herald, almost second hero, never much felt like finishing off his ranks at the end, sorry to anyone who asked to rank after I hit 42 I really was not into that aspect of this character the last three ranks comming more out of a fluke ranking session that I went on cause I had nothing better do to one evening.

A few goodbyes:

Daeoine,

Second character in a row for me that has had a long relationship, think I need to roll a chaste paladin or something next, first marriage though, We had so many ups and downs was a constant rollercoaster for one reason or another, brought a lot of fun and strife to what probably would have been a pretty dull existence otherwise, certainly the only reason I played the last 3/4 of this characters life. A lot more I could say here, but I think you already know the rest.

Therethine,

Thanks for the induction and expulsion, sorry to have to ask for the second, at the time, felt like the only way I would be able to keep playing him. Was gonna try and use that as a spring board to finish his ranks and do some more exploring, started out that way but I lost interest with it pretty fast. Wish I had interacted more with you, I have with other characters and know how awesome you are :) Just didn't happen always had too much drama going on. Oh, and I had actually contemplated writing up a story on Chuck the not so bright giant, would have been funny to recite it sometime *sigh*

Deylani, wish we weren't always vying for the same love, would have been easier to be friends and travel more.

Sharwyn, You were great enjoyed hanging around with you, always put a smile on my face.

IMM'S, no imm interaction with Elros, but wasn't looking for any either. Thanks for such a great game, I cannot believe we get to play this for free.

No real enemies, had a couple PK deaths but more random than anything, guess thats what you get for being a herald.

Lots of others I know, I am bad at these and didn't think about this just started typing, couldn't believe the post was up like 2 minutes after I deleted...must be some kinda record :)

Elros, and many, many middlings :P
46382, RE: (DELETED) [None] Elros the Student of History
Posted by Daeoine on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well damn.
All this time she really really loved you. There is so much to say I dont even know the words.
Daeoine Nijinn Alcarin
46452, RE: (DELETED) [None] Elros the Student of History
Posted by Daeoine on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ouch, El... that role. The one professing love was beautiful... the other.. ouch. Dae always loved you. Even when she tried to distance herself.
46459, RE: (DELETED) [None] Elros the Student of History
Posted by Therethine on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I tried to talk you out of it, since Heralds are already a hard enough bunch to keep alive (see recent deletions :P), but unfortunately your mind was made up. What little interaction we did have was enjoyable, and I'm surprised to learn this was your first Herald, since your style of RP with this character just felt reminiscent of Heralds of yore to me... Aside from that, I kind of pitied Elros for the rollercoaster of drama he was constantly enduring. Therethine could see in him a kindred mind and really would've liked to get to know him better.

Hope the next one sticks a little better with you!
46748, RE: (DELETED) [None] Elros the Student of History
Posted by Elros on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well I have had a number of Heraldesc characters in the past but never bothered to take the plunge and actually bother applying so maybe we bumped into each other with those characters. As for the trying to talk me out, I actually enjoyed the conversation, I had only really put together the basic reason for leaving before hand, wasn't sure what to expect so I didn't want to sound to scripted. You asking me all those questions and talking me in circles was fun :P Made me think on my feet alot to pull things together.

I'm taking a short break right now been playing way too much and getting sloppy about it. Sure I will be back and sitting around the inn before long though :)