Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Tredyn Whistlewood the Harper of the Glade, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=45826
45826, (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Tredyn Whistlewood the Harper of the Glade, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Feb 14 02:24:47 2006

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Tredyn perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:202
45878, Alright, onto my goodbyes!!
Posted by Tredyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, Tredyn was made after I deleted Chakru, a little jump in RP from evily evil to goodie good:). But yeah, I always wanted to get Innis' tattoo after about a bajillion Innis followers, Trussar, Acturisar and umm i forget the others:). So yeah, I finally achieved that, though I really didn't expect, so thanks a tonne Innis!:) But yeah, onto goodbyes anyway.

Innis: My fav Imm, alongside Eshval:) You two are tied so yeah, Tredyn and Chakru were my two best experiences in the few years i've played here, and yeah, you two really just helped my character evolve and do all that funky stuff. So yeah, thanks a lot for being fun, and I hope you read the note I sent you. I'd like to see if I got it right. Well yeha, thanks a lot for all the stuff....Well not really thanks to the sending to Sand of Sorrows and the 'dryads':P lol. But yeah, was all fun. Thanks a lot! Thanks for a shot at Sunwarden too, sorry I didn't do the best job.

Amaranthe: Thanks for making me Sunwarden because Innis is lazy:). I really enjoyed that interaction. It kinda made me want to make an Amaranthe follower:P heh. I cna tell why so many love you. Well yeah. Thanks again:)

Okay then onto the Outties

Aeria: You rock. That is all.:) Well yeah, we knew eachother for a while and we rocked it out together for a few good times. I enjoyed that time with the Imperials, where I got spanked good, and then i reformed and we ended up getting 4 of the five...and I died again. Why did I always get to die and you never did:P Not fair. Well, you better keep sticking it out, your really good for outtie. You remind me of umm Aeserea(sp?) the past Outtie shifter Harbinger. Both GREAT Harbingers:).

Drifelda: The Mighty Mouse. I remember showing you around the Tree because Aeria was too lazy to show you so I got stuck with it:P. But yep, it was fun being with you! And ranking you to hero, I hope you keep going and being the Mighty Mouse:) Heh, keep killing everything:P.

Fiels...elfy: You were a bit new to the Outtie scene, but your learning and it takes a long time to get into the Outlander mentality. I've had lots of outtes, Tredyn was my sixth. But yeah, keep sticking it out and you'll get a lot better. I can see your getting a lot more comfortable with your spec's and stuff and getting better at PK'ing. Keep trucking my man.

Well...i'm kinda tired, if you respond i'll tell you what I thought of you:) In kind words of course. Thanks everyone for the experience that was Tredyn. My past character for anyone who cares were Tiahan, Olerin, Thays, Ajelon, Wimarsu, Trussar, Grumgar, Acturisar, Raluin, Trajka, Chakru and Tredyn. And some others that I forget. Thanks everyone. Peace out.
45880, My Favorite Sunwarden
Posted by Drifelda on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There was something about Tredyn that was very warm and Sunwarden-y. He also seemed like Innis Light (one-third less Summer God than the original, but all the flavor). Every time I traveled with you, I had a lot of fun. You added a lot of goodly spice to the whole Outlander mix. Great luck with your next character!
45884, Bah.
Posted by Thrugald on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I'm sad to see you go. I was a big Tredyn fan, and not just because you would go get me weapons when I was too lazy to do it myself. :) Overall, I thought your character was grand. I thought you did a good job as Sunwarden despite what you may think.

Take care, and I hope your next character is even better.
45892, Harumm...
Lol, i loved that, Harumm...Well, i'm glad you liked the weapons...or weapon. We couldn't find it the second time remember? Your doing a good job with Thrugald, I actually thought you were going to get Sunwarden instead of me:P Well, keep trucking man, thanks for everything.
45886, Stupid Elf!
Posted by Crugald on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't know why, but I always called you an elf. maybe it was just how I percieved your character IC and OOC. A flighty elf. I thought you were a great Sunwarden but of course, Crugald hated you. Remember that time with the STorm Giant where you ordered me to stop? Guess what, I walked two steps aways, summoned it and killed it and skinned it just to spite you. However, the skinning didn't go as planned. I was goign to give you a crude water skin. Crugald was waiting for you to make good on "removing" him, because I would have killed you if you had. That was your one downfall IMHO as Sunwarden, you thought you could control darklings.

That ticked Crugald off a lot, and made me dislike Tredyn some, because in my opinion, it wasn't a very "goodly" thing to do. I would definately say, in my opinion, is part of the problem with outlander at times. Too much mixing of the what could be considered "factions." I think Aeria does a good job in knowing she can't order me around, but does try sometimes and I tend to just ignore her. :) Love you Aeria

all in all I liked Tredyn a lot, and I was glad to see you around.

Crug
45891, Hmm...
I'm sorry it came off like orders....I didn't mean it to do that. The whole threat of you getting the orb and me removing you. Wasn't me trying to control you. I would have attacked you, or uninducted myself and then attacked you so my songs would actually hurt you!:P But yep, that definatley put Tredyn into a bad position. And I wasn't exactly sure how I could have went about it. I wanted to attack you a lot actually, You do play Crugald exactly how a evil outtie should be played though, which pissed me off. Lol. Well, well played my friend, and good luck with Crugald:) Keep killing everything:).
45895, RE: Alright, onto my goodbyes!!
Posted by Aeria on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tredyn....

"You (and Nreisshe) complete us!"

Hehe, seriously. When Tredyn awoke I felt like another significant part of the Outlanders had just stirred. Our playing times seemed really similar as I play only late nights when not working. (I use to think Nreisshe didn't exist, but then was implied-told he plays as much as I do and while I'm at work, and I've since had a few fun encounters with our darker side Nreisshe.)

Tredyn was a great character. You leveled up not long after Aeria and stuck around when others deleted. RP Wise Aeria disagreed with you on dwarves and paladins, but nothing was ever wrong with your position. I did feel like you made things a lot more lighthearted and fun. You were every bit the attitude I'd expect a sunwarden to have and it was refreshing.

We did have some good, albeit rough fights with Empire. The start was bad, but I think taking four out of five down was pretty good perseverance :) Also, remember some fun fights on the open planes against scions with your timely arrival for phantasmal killer. And remember Vorlan slaughtering us near the road east of Valorian? Ahh, lots of fun fights good and bad. Even more fun rping, good and good :)

I was thought your last death horribly sad and ironic. I won't mention names of active characters, but I was also surprised to be attacked by a wanted dwarven fortress member and two tribunals at the same time. They must have "delayed" things until the dwarf turned himself in. The horrible irony was (though I still don't know what happened) that you either were attacked or rushed to avenge me. And I thought the latter a horribly ironic way to go out against a fortress dwarf and tribunal when you had spent your whole life being nice to dwarves. *sigh* Not horribly on your part, just horrible with like..."Finally got Tredyn to fight a dwarf and will now never see him again, Bah." If you were avenging me, thanks. If they attacked you, sorry you got dragged into it if it made you delete.

I was very supportive of you becoming Sunwarden and never regretted the support :) You'll be missed. Know that there are several strong sungazers around now in RP and strength of spirit. Can't mention names! Oh, and yes I WAS lazy with you showing one of our inductees around :) Lin-hi the Healer WAS right! Harbinger is REALLY busy with the applicants at times, compared to Sunwarden and Nightreaver!

Aeria will be looking around for your spirit reborn! If I see a beautiful songbird that chatters all days hopelessly with dwarves, I'll know its you! ;)
45898, Hah.
Posted by Tredyn. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember that death, i think in about 5 rounds we were both dead, I was kind of like....geez I hope no one was watching us then lol. Tredyn started to kind of think Aeria liked him;). But don't worry Tredyn had a soft spot for Aeria.

I walked in to those 3 in question and tried to sleep the Tribunal...the others didn't like it and I got 3 rounded I think.:)WOO! Hehe. Your very welcome to send me an e-mail if you like, I can tease you some about being lazy - ilostmycoconut@gmail.com

Well, good luck with Aeria, I hope you stick it out to the bitter end, but I have no doubt you will. I enjoyed every moment we spent together and i'll miss our badly planned pk'ing:). Lol.
45930, Lol
Posted by Mhardat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Our times are so different..Never knew that you were a Sunwarden. But good job anyway ;)

Come back with your next
45834, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Tredyn Whistlewood the Harper of the Glade, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris
Posted by Elysiea on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't expect you to remember me, but I am really curious to a few things about this char. Any outlander can chip in as I've seen several goodies that I suspect are doing the same thing. You just happen to be the one I caught doing it.

How do you justify requesting items from dwarve mobs and paladin mobs?
45839, RE: Requesting from dwarves and paladin mobs
Posted by Fielstithian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Joining this cabal doesn't make you suddenly forget you are a sunwalker. If your character even makes a pretense of following one of the prominent gods of the light, your character still has more in common with a two-handed gopher paladin raiding the palace than the axe-wielding fire giant inside. Being a goody within Outlander is difficult and conflict laden, however, for although he certainly isn't friends with dwarves or paladins, he can't be sitting around all afternoon drinking elven wine with almost half of the cabal.

I would encourage any interested in the roleplay to get some immteraction with Innis.

More importantly, I liked traveling with you Tredyn, and I was saddened to hear you deleted. From my perspective, you seemed competent, and it's going to be lonesome in the Refuge without your music to drown out Aeria's snoring.

I will see you when you awaken next from the Dream.
45877, I do remember you.
And yes, I do remember exactly what I did, and who it was to and what I requested. And yes, I do have a role reason for it. Basicly, Tredyn didnt dislike dwarves themselves, he didn't like what they did, but he didn't like what the fire giants and they do too but that doesn't mean I went around pk'ing every fire giant. Pretty much, Tredyn had hope that the dwarves would altar their ways and just become better people, and Tredyn could show them the way to a more free life or something like that anyway. There were many times where I had chances to battle dwarves and I chose not too, and i'm sure I pissed off many outlanders because I wouldn't. Goodie outlanders walk a fine line, its up to the outtie how it looks at things. I have seen goodie outlanders pk'ing goodie dwarf mobs because of what is said in their description, or some such. But on the other hand there are some such Outties like Tredyn who would rather make peace and not war.

So in an overview, No, Tredyn doesn't like mining, but, he had hope for the dwarves, on the inside, they were sunwalkers just a little misguided, and Tredyn would be there to embrace them as such, and hopefully lead them into a better life.
45830, A fine Innis follower
Posted by Ilimya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I found Tredyn very cool and well played. I suppose you had some tough choices with me and Crugald sometimes, but hopefully they didn't lead to frustration.

Bring plenty of food and drink next time and thanks for playing.