Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [HERALD] Sayuri Sune the Harai Goshi
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=45674
45674, (DELETED) [HERALD] Sayuri Sune the Harai Goshi
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Feb 11 10:55:15 2006

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Sayuri perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:assassin
Level:37
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:114
45675, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sayuri Sune the Harai Goshi
Posted by Sayuri Sune on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, work and events in my life have recently made mudding impractical for me. Though honestly, even when I had the time, I was starting to tire of the peace angle.

This is just a little character that didn't know all that many people, but I like to think Sayuri was meaning and memorable to the few people she did know.

Dalteric - First, thank you for the role contest. Honestly now that I am a big boring grown-up I find it hard to maintain long term interest in MUD characters anymore, and your recognition from the role contest was a big part of the reason I hung on to this character that I was too busy to play, in order to play her once I did have the time.

Really, if it wasn't for the role contest I just would have let her autodelete, but because of that little recognition/perk, I just became more attatched to her and kept logging her in to keep her going until I could play. Please run more contests in the future.

Also I really enjoyed roleplaying an adherrent of your religion. Your approach to "teaching" and immortality is unique and refreshing. I hope some of those submissions make it into the Monestary library so Sayuri can leave a mini-legacy to be remembered by.

Others in no particular order:

Therethine - You are the best High Herald in recent memory, and will surely be one of those characters that becomes a legend that no one forgets. Your wry sense of humor and no-nonsense approach was a lot of fun.

Brakath - Like Therethine, you were a lot of fun to be around. Your marriage is one of the best I have seen roleplayed.

Dinian - You little flirt, you. You are one of the inn patrons that come to mind (Along with, on the other end, Ahzeed) that made playing a "geisha" role fun.

Sharwyn - I didn't know they made elves this.. bouncy!

Kegoni - You're a strange character. Really, really strange. Did you ever hook up with your moody blind date?

Mavinero - My scandalous "love". I had written into Sayuri's role that she would never wed for two reasons - 1) it fit very well into Dalteric's religion, and 2) I am afraid of getting involved with creepy male heralds - or rather the players of creepy male heralds. I always got the impression that would Mavinero was a drama queen, your player was pretty stable and it could prove to be an interesting and fun relationship.

I also changed my mind because what's the Eternal Star without a little shocked gossip? Sayuri and that scoundrel Mavinero? For shame!

Similarly, I actually had the intention of having the engagement or marriage end tragically. I suppose it sort of did the way I left things in my farewell note, but not exactly what I had schemed. Either Sayuri was going to realize she was getting too "passionate" and back away (leaving you at the altar or something dramatic like that), or I'd wed with the plans of deleting (like I said the peace thing was getting dry with me even before I got time crunched) and have some dramatic death thing that left you filled with "they killed my wife!" vengeance for.. whatever. Orcs or something. Ah well.

To anyone else I have forgotton, sorry. It's been a while since I even logged on!

Also I'm sorry not more people got to see our "performance". Now that no encores are possible, maybe at some point someone will publish a magically transcribed "recording" in the form of a bard note.
45676, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sayuri Sune the Harai Goshi
Posted by Mavinero on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn? That's all I really have to say. I really enjoyed Sayuri. She was a solid character, and that's just about it. Sure hope you decide to play something else some time in the future. Good luck.

Mav
45681, PFFT!
Posted by Dinian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
After all that effort I put into it, all you can say is "little flirt?"

I really liked Sayuri overall, and the flirting was a lot of fun. I was really boggled when you decided to go with Mav, though ^^

Not because Mav ain't charming or anything, but I kinda picked up on how you didn't go for anything beyond the basic flirting, which was perfectly fine with me. In fact, it fit with my character better than most =P (I think most of the girls I flirted with realized I wasn't terribly serious)

I'd say I'd like to see you in the fields again, but you seem to have grown out of it. Ah well.

Whatever you do, have fun ^^
45707, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sayuri Sune the Harai Goshi
Posted by Kegoni on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am not strange, I am eccentric...get it right! I do not think that Keg will ever hook up with anyone, but that wont stop him from trying! I had a lot of fun around you, wish you were able to get on more. You will be missed, and I am sure that you will be back. I been playing this game for almost 10 years and I can not get away....crazy!
45711, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sayuri Sune the Harai Goshi
Posted by Dalteric on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sad to see Sayuri go, though I can't say I'm entirely surprised, given how long it had been since you were on. I do recall when we first spoke, long ago, and when you entered the role contest, I did wonder if you were going to auto then as well. I am glad, however, you stuck around for a while, you were a good character to watch, and had some good interactions with the world at large, from what I saw.

You did a good job of integrating my religion into your character/background, though there were some differences from what you had conceptualized--but still, good understanding. Anyway, shame you are gone, hope you enjoyed the role rewards/religion/heralding, all that jazz, and keep writing unique roles & being an interesting & quality rper.

Dalteric
45720, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sayuri Sune the Harai Goshi
Posted by Therethine on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thought you were absolutely delightful the instant we met. Your sense of humor often had me in stitches (see Oqoko limerick) and your level of RP was just astounding. Your presence in the Heralds will most certainly be missed. If real life ever relents, come back and enthrall us again!
45746, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sayuri Sune the Harai Goshi
Posted by Sayuri Sune on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for all the kind words, from you and everyone else. And I'm sure I'll be back - I'm not claiming I won't be. I can't play like in the ol' college days but when things get slow I always have time for a wee little character like Sayuri.
45788, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Sayuri Sune the Harai Goshi
Posted by Draeven on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mavinero and Sayuri? ...wow, I would've -never- expected that one... Interesting...

I enjoyed being around you, but like I've said before (I think), RPing with you reminded me how terribly I RPed my own chars. Damn you:-P When Draeven first joined the Heralds I wasn't overly fond of you, but then you became someone I liked to talk with quite a bit:-) Good job, and such. Good luck with the next!