Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [SCION] Duhree the Evil Knight
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=45172
45172, (DELETED) [SCION] Duhree the Evil Knight
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Jan 25 01:58:28 2006

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Duhree perished, never to return.
Race:fire
Class:anti-paladin
Level:40
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:152
45183, Alas, no more mildly retarded scion
Posted by Duhree on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This started as a rather fun character. I had an interesting role, and I love r-ping the mildly retarded. I stuck to my role quite a bit, and r-ped often at the low lvls, but after hitting 36 and all the lvl sitting mass pking, I still hadn't gotten the immteraction I was looking for (though I admit I wasn't a true praywhore), but more importantly at the mass pking L36 goodness I was getting passed by all the people I knew. The only folks I really kept in touch with were the Heralds.

As far as scions go, I got inducted, which was a little surprise in and of itself being that I didn't have the stock scion r-p of "indeed, amusing." In my mind those that suffer from severe lack of intelligence aren't really scion material, but I guess even they need their occasional meat shield that will follow their orders unquestioningly. (I ran into one bloody bastard that said one of those two words at least once every minute. *cringe*)

To those that might say I wasn't evil enough (eshval) I have to agree with you ^_^ Mine wasn't a character of loving pain and causing distress, in my eyes a creature this stupid couldn't conceive these emotions. He was a creature of practicality following orders given him unquestioningly. The main way I deviated from the evil rp but still in my mind maintained being evil was that I gave poor bastards a chance.

Those felar shifters that you see them on the where, and just know they're sleeping and could run up and bashspam them to high heaven, instead I spoke with them, and I fervently tried to give everyone that was truly a hopeless case in fighting me a way out, basically telling them I was there and asking them if I should kill them. Heralds, I spoke to on an individual basis, making sure that I could get away with not killing them under the pretense of them being "keepers of lore." Although one of my first things I would do upon heroing is killing the High Herald for a quasi-imagined insult induced by immense stupidity. Mav, thatelfwhosenameIcan'tremember, I leave the duty of overthrowing them to you!

As far as those of you that wish to know how my pkwhoring at L36 went, my answer is not too great, not too bad. I had a fancy 12 charge axe which was a pretty sight, but on the way to gain the levels to get iron grip, while I was walking to Kiadanha, I ran into a rager. Prep, run in casting, and my weapon is stripped and he flees to the village. As a whole the village did little to impress me this run through, the only one that really stands out that I saw is the dwarf... whassisname... Curdan, not just because he's an overpowered rageymachine, but because he's an experienced one. The tripspamberserker might have been impressive if I could speak to him. To all the other ragers, remember, cowardspam gets you everywhere, and when you flee to the village, it's honorable, but after 3 fights where you're beaten down and then then finally you make me flee when an ally comes and is about to attack me, it is heavily dishonorable for me to flee. Bleeding hell I loathe those bastards that use that self-serving logic.

On A-Ps: This class is great! However, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone without at least a modicum of wand knowhow. You don't NEED aura and shield as an a-p, but ragers will be impossible without them (although with them there's still a good chance they're impossible) but they help quite a bit. It really evens the playing fields if you don't run around attached to the hip to someone (which in all honesty would be the best way to run as an a-p) but unfortunately I had... no allies.

Scions: Great cabal as far as powers and people goes, but I still think that it shouldn't exist, being that it serves an end instead of a purpose. An unpopular opinion, I know, but I don't plan to change it anytime soon. As far as the scions go, they're all meanies :( They tried to kill me just because I'm mildly retarded and annoy them to no end by giving them a good reputation, although all things considered I can see why. I only wish that there were more nice evils in this cabal, but I guess I filled the quota of non-asshole evil in this limited numbers cabal. (Not to say there's anything wrong about being an evil asshole, that's how evil is most often perceived, but it's not the only option) One of my goals for this cabal was to have a bunch of shirts made for everyone in the cabal with Scion Chasm Man, and Scion Chasm Mage-Man written on them. It made sense in a cute mildly retarded sort of way.

Let's see, other peoples... ahh! Mildly retarded duergar shaman of Eshval! Not seeing you around was one of the reasons I stopped playing. We had the most fun low IQ conversations, it's wonderful to see two murdering brainless bastards talking about their mutual love for fuzzy-fuzzies (felar). I always wanted to gank with you, and maybe once see a 2 on 1 fight without me on the receiving end, but you had your bloody thing about not liking ganking (perfectly fine, but as a creature that hadn't seen a name when typing group other than his own in over a days worth of gameplay, it was somewhat depressing)

Sharwyn, that's your name. I really should have killed you when you first replied to me with something mildly offensive, I was outside with a barrel of preps to make me survive the bouncer and bashspam on the ready, but I'm really glad I didn't give in to the lust for a charge, being that you always offered nice conversation and I as a player was starved for interactions other than "smash mage/evil" other scions thinking "I hate you" so loudly I could hear them and other evils trying to talk to me as if I had a fully functional brain.

Mav was the only other big person in this character's life, and I knew you could distill a tree into something alcoholic if you really tried!

As to why I'm not playing, a mix of loss of interest and wanting to work on the more important things in life... like painting my room, or thinking up new exciting methods of procrastination. AKA I'll be back. Likely not as an A-P, or an evil for that matter, I hate killing people without specific personal reasons, which is frowned upon. I can't handle goodies either, sadly, I like the freedom to kill people who are chronically stupid, not ignorant, not rping dumb, but truly chronically stupid... and annoying, I'll throw that in there too.

As to the player, I'm a nobody, I've been playing for nigh on a decade off and on, with possibly dozens of heroes, not a one of them likely memorable to others, but that I loved to play and find out how they act and evolve. With this goodbye that I perceive to last... 5 months with the oncoming Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, school, and the task of painting my room, I'll leave a few notes that I'd like to see when I come back.

1. Try something that you think will be fun, but differing from your norm, and something you haven't seen before. I once had a conversation with a character who spoke with someone, myself saying "I'm just a peasant who had a knack for magic and an interest in change. One doesn't have to have had their village destroyed by dragons in order to take up adventuring. What about you?" He responded "My village was destroyed by dragons, after which I took up adventuring." I asked around, to make certain he wasn't just joking, but apparently some people had heard him say that before. So yeah, please try something that isn't a stereotype, stray from the beaten path, even though it may have unhealthy repurcussions.

2. Be nice. Don't multikill the noob. Open a venue of conversation before killing someone, try to do so even if they're a duerg wrathspammeat and you're a pally.

3. Have fun. If you have to cowardspam then chances are you should ask yourself why you're playing this character and whether or not you should continue.

Now that this rambling disjointed and particularly wordy rant is ended, I bid you all adieu. Until next time.

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

^clue to... 3 past characters, my last similar half a year depart from this game was ended with a different quote from an, upon reflection, remarkably similar cultish thing involving heavenly visitors. If you guess any of these characters correctly I'll make one of the following desserts in your honor, and if you happen to be in Florida you can even partake in said dessert, however creepy that might be: Flan, Cheesecake, Brownies, Key Lime Pie, Fruity Custardy Confection that I Dreamt Up One Night and Made and it was Delicious (abbreviated as FCIDUONMD). You can have seconds if you pronounce the abbreviation properly.
45184, RE: Alas, no more mildly retarded scion
Posted by Mavinero on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mav was the only other big person in this character's life, and I knew you could distill a tree into something alcoholic if you really tried!

Heh. I have to admit, I got a little edgy with you around sometimes, but all in all when you came to the Inn, you were downright enjoyable to interact with. And that whole daring me to distill a tree thing, that was just funny. Hope to see you around again. Let us know how the Elder Scrolls comes out. Big Fan.

Mav
45252, RE: Alas, no more mildly retarded scion
Posted by Eshval on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, you were a closet goody-two-shoes...I enjoyed the character nonetheless.

Good luck.