Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [SCION] Vyriaz Ghervin the Master of Changelings'''
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=45141
45141, (DELETED) [SCION] Vyriaz Ghervin the Master of Changelings'''
Posted by silencedstatik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Again some firsts for me. First shifer, first scion.

Yeah, well....jaguar sucks. Heh. No two ways about it. I got it and resisted the temptation to delete right then and there and said I would give it a try. Well, seeing as how none of my attacks EVER landed in PK due to them all being dodged, parryed, or missing I lost to about everything I fought. I tried fighting with abs, stoneskin, protection, you name it. Nothing worked, on...anyone. I even would have 1300 hundred hps through despoil with abs, stone skin, protection, and even...major ward..heh and would still lose. Bite was nice, but never seemed to land more than once in a fight. Manta Ray was damn nice, but as soon as someone knows you have it, forget catching them on the water...

Anyhow, this was just frustration after frustration. Losing countless pks and feeling totally useless finally did this character in. I lost to air forms, I lost to utility forms...well you get the picture. Thanks Eshval for the induction, and I'm sure I was quite the laughing stock for you to watch and I died and died and died.

This was my, lets see what the other side is like char, after having two in the fort. I like scion and its concept and the roleplay is usually very good with those within it and even against those you have to fight. I just couldnt stomach another death. Eventually I would like to try it out again, and maybe next time certain Outlanders wont be in bed with the fortress so much, that they even raid with them.
I'm sorry, but if I'm a fotress memeber and I know that you as a druid have hunted and killed conjurers/dwarves/paladins of the light, there in NO WAY IN HELL I am going to group with you and raid someone. Even if they are a common enemy. This just disappointed me, and I was sad to see it even happen.

Anyhow, short lived char of less than sixty hours, so there arent much in the ways of goodbyes. I m just glad it didnt take me 200 hours to get jaguar, and then have to delete.

See you all soon, and all that jazz. I'll be back. Later.

Rob
45166, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Vyriaz Ghervin the Master of Changelings'''
Posted by Eshval on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks Eshval for the induction, and I'm sure I was quite the laughing stock for you to watch and I died and died and died.

Actually, I never laughed nor did I see a need to denegrate your performance. Most folks, yourself included, do the best they know how within the rules. For those folks, yourself included, I applaud their efforts, successful or not.

Good luck-
45161, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Vyriaz Ghervin the Master of Changelings'''
Posted by Lightmaged on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Impossible to pull off a water shifter without air form. Never been done before.

Jaguar is kind of lame. I used to defend it, but after seeing this one of yours in action and a few recents...i am changingmy opinion.

You miss all your attacks!!

45160, People are WAY WAY WAY too quick to play the "in bed" card nt
Posted by Wilhath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
suck it up and deal already
45162, RE: People are WAY WAY WAY too quick to play the
Posted by Enbuergo1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Despite the depiction of forms you and some select few others want to promulgate, some forms just are much, much worse than others. As long as the Imms keep it random which form you get*, I don't see a problem with deleting if you get one that is known for its crappiness. I'll add here I don't know which forms are crappy and which aren't.

*All of a sudden the mage has a brainstorm and finds himself knowing how to shift into a jaguar? I always got the idea that CF magi were somewhat studious in nature, researching their art. This doesn't jive with the "brainstorm" approach. A shifter, much like a neo-thief, should pretty much get to choose what he wants to become, in my opinion. If the forms are all as truly balanced as certain people claim, this shouldn't be a problem.
45149, Well
Posted by Lerimos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We fought once and I got you (extremely lucky) seemed like you spammed yourself a bit, but I can understand your frustration, it really depends on who you are trying to fight and considering the Scion cabal is raided from pretty much all land routes that musta been tough being a waterform. Good luck with the next.
45146, I am disappointed by this. We came up FAST together, way too fast maybe. n/t
Posted by Ilberdaii on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
45145, Dangit!
Posted by Ysaloeyre on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think it was about 3 mins after hitting your PK range that you had a goot at me in Hamsah. Like a dope I had let Truesight fall and didn't even see you coming.
Then we tangled again on the Eastern when you had a nightwalker, you did nearly get me when I stumbled back and your nightwalker attacked.
Let me say that bite bleeding seems to last forever!

Anyway always interesting to play the otherside now and again I guess, and now you know what you hate about forties and outlander..roll one and change it!
See you in the fields.
45142, Sorry? n/t
Posted by Nethlin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
-