Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Thomuyn the Hammer of Heretics, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=44823
44823, (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Thomuyn the Hammer of Heretics, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jan 19 12:18:36 2006

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Thomuyn perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:paladin
Level:48
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:113
45131, Was waiting for this to come up
Posted by SPN on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, what can I say. I have told many people, "When you stop having fun with a character, stop playing him" and this is my case. I have never been that great at pk, and I guess that showed here once again. On top of that I took a hard role to pull off, sphere protection and all. I took certain points of the code as edicts to the character. I would never let a group mate or friend die if I could avoid it, and I always tried to make sure I was the last to leave a dangerous situation. Because of this I died, alot more than a shield dedicated paladin should have.

I guess for good byes and what not.

Imms: Coorlaan you were great. This was my first time interacting with you and I did not realize how laid back you could be with your religion. I guess I was looking for you to kind of lead me to the cookie cutter role, but you would never show it so I had to go on and make something unique. For that I thank you.

Other imms that interacted with me through mobs, thanks alot. You make the game worth it. And all the random snoops that were rewarded made me put my A+ game on all the time.

Goodies: The fortress is fun, but tough. Grysh, you were one of my best traveling buddies once you were allowed to go not solo anymore. You were a good friend, and showed you knew what you were doing.

Breallye you were a shining example of what it meant to be a follower of Coorlaan to me. Thanks for the interactions.

Hirken: Thanks for your interactions early in my life. When I was looking for the cookie cutter role for Coorlaan you helped me to form my own unique role. It was really a role in the works. You acted as a mentor even with your trials you went through. Thanks.

Oqoko: It is hard to say how I felt towards you. It was always bouncing around. Sometimes I loved being around you, and other times I hated it. I felt as if sometimes I was being used for being a goodie and paladin, others I felt as if you appreciated me for just being a listening ear. I never knew what to think of you. But thanks for hanging around me. You were the one person I let my stoic face drop around.

Baddies: Some good fights, Some great fights, mostly stupid gang fights. I know I am just as guilty of this. But thanks for giving a goodie paladin something to protect people from.

I know I am forgeting people, so just say something and I will respond. I got so tired of playing for a bit I had to take a week break, and then I came back and died to a gang and so I deleted since I just grew weary of logging on. So I know I forgot people, sorry.

Sosran, Lloradonis, Orpiato, and others.
45138, What can I say?
Posted by Oqoko on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oqoko: It is hard to say how I felt towards you. It was always bouncing around. Sometimes I loved being around you, and other times I hated it. I felt as if sometimes I was being used for being a goodie and paladin, others I felt as if you appreciated me for just being a listening ear. I never knew what to think of you. But thanks for hanging around me. You were the one person I let my stoic face drop around.

You were the one who kept me going more often than not with Okoqo. She was deeply indebted towards you and felt guilty each time she died after you scolding her repeatedly. It was an amazingly rewarding time whenever Oqoko traveled with you and I must say I missed it a lot when she died. I know she was trying but she was supposed to be trying because she was in constant turmoil but of course was too arrogant and scared to admit it just the same I am sorry for any discomfort. You are one of the best players for rping a tough role: a paladin and I think I learned.. hope.. a heck of a lot from you.

Thanks lots!
44832, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Thomuyn the Hammer of Heretics, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Aarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Another one that was on the list for good things. Sorry you lost interest, good luck with your next.

Aarn!
45137, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Thomuyn the Hammer of Heretics, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Enbuergo1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Another one that was on the list for good things. Sorry you lost interest, good luck with your next.

Unfortunately, much like Santa, Imms tend to get to good things once a year.
45139, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Thomuyn the Hammer of Heretics, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wouldn't go that far. I gave out at least two dozen quest skills/spells, extra legacies/forms, unasked for bonus con, etc. last year, and that's just me.
45147, The Perception is "Another one missed" rather than---
Posted by Cassman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
---another rewarded...

I'm sure that stuff gets handed out, but I see more and more, "Slated for good things" but missed it.

Perhaps if 'good things' were handed out a bit sooner, than waiting until the 'time is just right' or 'just waiting for him/her to do <this one thing>' many of these characters wouldn't get bored from working and working, and then just burning out.

Just a suggestion. I'd rather know something was planned and I missed it, than noone cared at all, but I'd much rather have a little pick-me-up and revive my enjoyment in the character.

-Cassman-
45148, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Thomuyn the Hammer of Heretics, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Enbuergo1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was hyperbole, but I have seen quite a few of "Aww, I was just about to press the 'Give Power Word Splat' button, but you deleted. Good luck on your next!"