Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Vylvfaensi the Disciple of Ancient Ways
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=44559
44559, (DELETED) [None] Vylvfaensi the Disciple of Ancient Ways
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jan 12 01:51:01 2006

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Vylvfaensi perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:49
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:179
44633, Good character.
Posted by Crysseara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked this character, though you seemed a little lost on where he was going at times. If you did play Okoqo, that explains why you were asking if I was trying to play her daughter. I was like, Where did THAT come from??

I could tell you were getting frustrated with all the pk's you took. I think if you're going to create a character like that, who's all about order and magic and serving good mages and the like, that you should be ready to take those PK's before you even roll the character. Of course Outlanders are going to want you dead. I'm surprised Battle didn't spam kill you also. I think you would have had more fun with this character if you were cloud or something neutral. There would have been a lot less evil ganging you down there.

Good luck with your next one!
44639, Well..
Posted by Vylv on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Onaelith deleted and was central to fulfilling several of my goals.
Vylv went out of his way to interact with him and had developed what
I hoped was a friendship. Even though I started off by arguing with him. It was the start of the end for Vylv.

I really did not want to engage in Cabal wars until I got to be a follower of Zebulus but it would be REALLY unElfy in my mind to ignore evil doers. So I got involved. Zebulus is one of the best Imms to interact with in my opinion. Even if you are not quite something he can use he sends you off in a direction to get you started.

Vylv had some neat background stuff I took from the history of Thera and slightly modified it to reflect an Elven approach. Since Elves were the first peoples and almost NOTHING is mentioned about them I sort of extemporized. :D

Warrior stuff I liked were polearms for an Elf, Vanguards Desire, and finding enough gear to counter the endless forms of -str attacks.

Polearms were cool and easier to hang onto than two blades more often than not when it came to being maledicted. There are at least three polearms I know of that an Elf can keep wielded. And two more an Elf can wield well enough to level with.

Vanguards Desire seems very simple yet has so amazingly much potential. I noticed some issue with shapeshifters though. Even if I rescued them against a single foe then retreated they often did not come with. Is that bug? Or just a disadvantage to being in form when I am trying to retreat them? They just never seemed to retreat. Oh and being in a party seemed to make that party a LOT more effective, I may have been hallucinating it but while leveling against them skeletons north of Darsylon with just three of us: human shifter, dwarf fist/mace spec, and elf git warrior. We did very well.

As for gear .. I found some by pure fluke aka exploring via teleportation and the rest I was helped with a fair bit so thanks to everyone who helped. Especially Crullen. I can not emphasize enough how much fun it was to simply collect enough gold to buy teleport potions and go blipping around.

Looting sucked though. I hate regearing ... and those who like looting food, boats, canteens or other simple stuff makes me hate the game.
44568, RE: (DELETED) [None] Vylvfaensi the Disciple of Ancient Ways
Posted by yllea on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh! Vylvfaensi! I hardly got to know you, but I sure enjoyed the time Yllea spent in the Inn with you and Sharwyn. Thanks again for the armor! :D