Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Khobedi Smogcrest the Shihan
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=44021
44021, (DELETED) [None] Khobedi Smogcrest the Shihan
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Dec 26 19:12:15 2005

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Khobedi perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:assassin
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:224
44081, Why even pay for a PBF?....
Posted by WOOOOW on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When they #### it all up and edit it? Geee... let's see. 10 assassinations, but 99% assassinate.. With it going up every time, it could only be 85%. Thats messed up, hardcore. When assassinate gets to 85% it can take 1-3 times to go up and then 95% it can take 3-5 times for it to go up. Thats so stupid, I wonder what else was left out.
44083, RE: Why even pay for a PBF?....
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You dumb####, it wasn't edited. The pfile went partly corrupt. I done told you that already.
44085, And put somewhat more diplomatically...
This kind of thing just happens now and again, and it would be great if y'all weren't crying foul or freaking out every time it does.
44097, Since it worked for assassinates...
Posted by Straklaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Can I yell conspiracy that you cut off some uber-secret Immortal comments on Baltherias in order to get the last of my clipped ones posted? I'm relatively sure there's only like...one or two left, but I still want to know. :)

Well, here goes...conspiracy! Damned Imms are trying to hide the truth! They fear the evil druid, and his influence! Boycot CF!!!

It work? Hopefully! *crosses his fingers for the Imm comments*
44102, RE: And put somewhat more diplomatically...
Posted by Eskelian Unreg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We the Union of the Haterizing Conspiracy Theorists do not and have not endorsed WOOOOW's post on this topic. We were not consulted and he was never distributed a membership card and/or complimentary cheese platter because we summarily rejected his applications on grounds undisclosed in relation to freak-out-defect. :-P

We do not forgo future rights to accuse you of PBF editting and/or kicking puppies down staircases.

That is all.

(PS, Happy New Year ;)).
44105, Yeah
Posted by Marcus_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
but it happens like once an eternity. u needs 2 smoke more craxx0rz maaen :p that memory is like a major karma kill. even if it happened in the past (like the numbers in thror's goodbye thread implies :p ) and people whined about it, who gives a #### really? enjoyment from a game is derived out of feeling like a winner, not being statistiscized as one.
44086, No!
Posted by Nightgauntish on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It is a conspiracy! You track special IPs and then Valg orders you guys to secretly destroy information on their pfiles so you can mock them later on the forums!

I cannot believe I'm playing this game, abuse! ABUSE I SAY!

I'm quitting!

btw, does the legacy whispers also improve mana regen?
44087, Tangent

>btw, does the legacy whispers also improve mana regen?

I wrote it, so you'd think I'd know for sure without checking, but I don't.

I don't think it does though.
44106, The WOOWW guy isnt me....
Posted by Xaannix- on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
i heard you the first time around nep :P
44088, RE: Why even pay for a PBF?....
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
1) It's not edited. It's an error.

2) You're welcome to not pay our felonious rate of 2 optional cents per hour if an error in the PBF causes you to have seizures.

3) From the logs:

Random deaths (NPC, areas, etc.): 4
PK Deaths: 9

Assassinations: 29
Other kills: 23

Gank-o-Meter is messier to fish out, but his seemed pretty average. No real big gangs, a fair number of 2-on-1's, a few 3-man-teams.

4) In the future, you can just ask instead of being an ass about it.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
44089, Yeah I'm sorry, should'nt have freaked out!
Posted by The WOOOOW guy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't know Nepethe said it was corrupted and whatnot, I apoligize for making such a post to the IMM's and the people that had to read it.
44022, RE: (DELETED) [None] Khobedi Smogcrest the Shihan
Posted by N b M on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Gonna make these short and sweet.
224 hours of solid roleplay (at least I hope it was solid) going so far as to change the description of the player when I was getting ready to assassinate with absolutely NO immortal interactions except for the scant three that I walked up to and just started speaking to. Kind of a huge turn off to the character and playing in general especially after putting so much time and effort into the idea and role and trying to pull it off as perfectly as I could. To those people that hated me for assassinating them, sorry (mainly Chakru) but I did what I did for the role as a whole and took as little as I could.

Imm's
Great game, the mechanics and fighting system are so balanced yet intense, the areas and world are so intricate and vibrant, the role play is amazing when people actually put effort into it. Just dont forget it is a damn game and its meant to have fun, take a step back and remember that sometimes.

If anyone has anything to say, I will respond in turn.

thanks for another decently fun go around. oh yeah, and merry xmas biatches

NbM
44023, Very impressed with you
Posted by Kruuank on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was fun in the low ranks, as you were always competant. Loved the roleplay we had when you were showing me where to get axes, and all the other stuff. Quick question, what exactly were you going to do to collect on that debt, I know what Harkan got from my debt, I know Razmorthin got like eight or so kills and a trip to Hell for keeping me alive, but I was never able to pay you back.

PS As I said in my goodbye to you, I would have protected you over anyone else, but I would have had to really talk a good game to the SCIONs after you assassinated Chakru not to harm you.

Hope you come back! I've had a string of disinterested lowbies, but I got a great idea for a character. Wouldn't be as fun if you weren't helping/trying to kill.
44024, Heh
What would I have done to collect on the debt, well lets see. The only thing Khobedi needed really to collect after he took the heartblood from every race/creed/sex/and faith was really just the heart of an immortal (undead/god) and the heartblood of a true friend or trusting companion. You might have been that trusting companion, and he would not have collected it, but spilt it upon the holy ground where I stored the rest of the heartblood and hoped "the great one" would arize there with your death. Actually was thinking of trying to take your last and final death with an assassinate in that manner, but after all the hours of not having any interaction I didnt want to even come close to doing that to anyone elses character if nothing would come from it.

Anyway, it was super fun running with you and killing those you were running with. I also wanted to say that I was WAY impressed by the way you would just play the game for fun, keep your head up, and ignore all the ####bags. We need more players like you

NbM
44030, Some feedback about the Immteraction thing
Posted by Muuloc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked what I saw of Khobedi. I would have loved to interact with him. It took me a while to figure out what the prays were about, and then when I did(probably reading your role connected the dots), I realized you were praying for a dead god? I couldn't come up with any IC way for Muuloc to want to mess with a follower of that god in particular, no matter how "dead" he is. And I don't think anyone on staff is gonna impersonate a dead god or try to do stuff with their religion.

When a player chooses a dead god to follow and stays out of cabals, that doesn't scream I want immteraction, no matter how much you pray. It more says, I want an in depth role and storyline to be noticed yet no active imm to mess with it or make particular demands. Which is understandable because you are in greater control of the story that way.

Khobedi was very well roleplayed, and if you took that same level of roleplay and put it into an active religion/cabal, I bet you'd get some immteraction(although its never wise to bank on it, we're busy folk).
44031, RE: Some feedback about the Immteraction thing
Not dead, made up, just used that place as sort of a storage home base for him. Thanks for the complements, and when you gonna remort? :P
44032, Also
I dont really know how you thought I didn't want immortal interaction by not being in a cabal, my role and prays and actions literal had to Sream for it. Everything Khobedi did and lived was for a god.
44039, My interpretation
Posted by Straklaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wouldn't figure Muuloc is saying you didn't WANT Immteraction - hell, everyone wants Immteraction - but that without being part of a cabal or active Immortal's religion, you're not likely to get as much.

If you're part of a cabal, those Imms are keeping tabs on the cabal anyways, so you're going to get more chance for interaction. Imms are pretty damned busy themselves, and there's some priorities in what they're doing. Unfortunately, if you're not on their list of what they NEED to be involved with, you're naturally not going to have quite the chance to get the interaction.

Finally, want to just add in the disclaimer - don't play characters expecting Immteraction. It's said time and time again, if you do, you're likely to end up disappointed. Make your own RP, play it for your own enjoyment. You'll have a lot more fun, typically get a lot more response from the other players...and hell, if you've got that many people involved with you, Imms might drop in a little more by when they're watching the other person, they end up interested in you.
44040, RE: My interpretation
I think you totally missunderstood me. Muuloc stated that it looked like I didnt want immteraction by being cabaless and what not. I merely was stating I did and that the actions of the character HAD to show that, there is no way they couldnt have. I am not bitching because I didnt get it, it was just another reason to delete and move onto something a little more fun maybe.

NbM
44044, RE: Some feedback about the Immteraction thing
Posted by Evil Genius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>When a player chooses a dead god to follow and stays out of
>cabals, that doesn't scream I want immteraction, no matter how
>much you pray.

*cough* Lloth *cough*
44033, RE: (DELETED) [None] Khobedi Smogcrest the Shihan
Posted by Dulmisa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked you, more when I croak.
44036, To be fair...
You did have a quest skill. That's more love than a lot of people can say they get from on high.
44037, RE: To be fair...
Don't take this as a complaint or anything like that. I am definately happy I got the quest skill (which was from the role contenst...) and greatful for it without a doubt. Would I trade it in for just a few interactions from a "someone" "entity" "feeling" anything along the lines such as that? In less than a second. I might be alone in that, but the interactions from others including the mysterious and powerful entities that hold the forces of the universe in their hands is what I play this game for and what I cherish.

Thanks!

NbM
44038, What it is.
Posted by Pro-man on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There are some people who really look up to the Imms and look for interaction with them. They go to great lengths to write what they consider great roles. They are allways in that role and they do their damndest never to stray.

They do this mostly to please the Imms with what they think is required of them but when no remarks are forth comming, they feel like they've kept their end of the deal but were left hanging.

If you put in 200+ hours with no return on investment, then I think that's a pretty big tell alot you as a player. Way to stick it out.

I imagine if you get a PBF you'll see that you were watched much more than you thought.

I'd be suprised to find out if you didn't receive a fair amount of Immxp along the way.

44042, What were you expecting, sand lizard? nt
Posted by WhiteRaven on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt