Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Iasolar StoneHeart the Hand of the Unseen, Drillmaster of Battle
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=43850
43850, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Iasolar StoneHeart the Hand of the Unseen, Drillmaster of Battle
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Dec 20 10:46:17 2005

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Iasolar perished, never to return.
Race:svirfnebli
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:408
43911, Very Nice!
Posted by Kastellyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well done! I thought you were an excellent Drillmaster (both times) and a pretty solid Commander. I couldn't believe that only two people showed up for the Rites - you and Dolza. But you did, and you then carried the Village through some pretty tough times, and for that you have my thanks.

As for the tattoo...well, you were on the right path, but you weren't there yet. It's weird; some people "get it" pretty quickly, some folks take a bit longer, some never fully understand what it is I'm looking for. I think you would have gotten the tattoo eventually, especially if I had been able to interact with you a bit more.

Good luck on your next!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends
43913, RE: Very Nice!
Posted by Iasolar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeh, I thought I was starting to get the idea of what you were getting at, but wasn't exactly sure. I sure as hell tried my best to figure move in the right direction. I will be back in another light of sorts, so be prepared to wink and chuckle. Thanks for everything, I really did enjoy our interactions.
43907, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Iasolar StoneHeart the Hand of the Unseen, Drillmaster of Battle
Posted by Koai on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You missing me like everyone else..hehehe...
no worries...
well... what can I say...
I wont say too much cause I have interacted with you
with two different Chars..
Koai.. lots of fun.. you kicked some serious ass
compared to me...

but...
As my current one... I still think you were cool..
wont say too much about this...

Im guessing I see you around already...
43909, Koai!
Not sure why we always forget good ole Koai, good character, just had some rough times you did. I enjoyed the times watching you and learning the thug path. Not sure who you are now, but nah I ain't around this time, but perhaps soon.
Later
43910, RE: Koai!
Posted by Koai on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sweet...
Lets say I Koai was my second char after comeing back after a
4ish year break or more... so..
I got the hang of things this time...
and from the comments you put of CB to me...
I have a feeling Ill do ALOT better...
43878, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Iasolar StoneHeart the Hand of the Unseen, Drillmaster of Battle
Forgot all the Forties: Can't remember the countless names, but I did enjoy the interaction I had w/ quite a few of you.
Hrugald, Alriac and many others. Maybe you will see me about.

And I was always jealous of all the interaction you guys got from your Imm's. Well I guess it's cool to have some that just seem a bit more involved in the Cabal so that's cool.

Luck to you all... later
43880, Goodbye!
Posted by Endalion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Endalion tried to fight you a few times after you struck him, but you weren't really evil, so he didn't really have good motivation to try to kill you(so our talk about me killing you was Endalion explaining that he doesn't have any real motive to fight you). I found fighting someone who dodges all area spells and banes others problematic as an invoker, so I just decided to leave you be, since you weren't that deadly and didn't really pose a serious threat to Endalion, or at least one that would have required killing you. Endalion despises Ragers to some extent(in a goodie bigot kind of way, though), which might have been seen through from our interactions. Good luck with your next!
43887, RE: Goodbye!
Yep, wasn't much I could do to lag or much else other than make you bleed, I couldn't do anything to keep you from wording. Other than beat the snot out of you and wait for you to, which in most cases you did fairly quickly or just left me in the quicksand.. Good few fights. Luck to you.
43869, Well it's over!!
Well this wasn't really planned, but just got tired of a lot of bull. Mostly from some of the players about who constantly were getting on my nerves with the piss poor attitudes and lack of respect mostly speaking in the sense of the Village as it was. Was fun and I had big plans with this character hoping to immort, but just got tired of the bull and wasn't really feeling it anymore in the Village. Had hoped to be an overlooking prescence in the future to sway the Village back into the right path, maybe on the next.

Goodbyes:
Imm's: Ordasen, always a fun immortal to have about when in the Rites. As I have interacted with you w/ a few Villagers. Just wish your prescence would have been a bit more steady, but oh well, that's the breaks.

Kastellyn: My favorite Imm. I loved the interaction and I had hoped to gain your tat, guess I didn't quite prove my worth, but was trying. Glad to have had the chance to interact with you a good bit.

Qaledus: Never got the chance to speak with you, and had hoped to gain some incite on quite a few things about thieves and some good interaction, oh well. Tried to catch you that one time you were vis, but you disappeared on me.

Nepenthe: Thanks for the good words. I like the scouts a lot, as that is the path I have chosen in the Village many more than the others. As I am more the player who likes the shadows, and being sneaky. Cheers!

Other Imm's not sure if I caught any interaction.

Village:

Kaisse, funniest Commander and character I have yet to interact with on a regular basis. You kept me laughing at all times, and even in bad times kept situations light hearted. Made it easier to pick myself up and keep it moving. Esp. with some of the full loots. Mostly why I learned how to get going so fast with eq, came up with a good set and new how to attain it fast. Good luck!

Varthas: Enjoyed the times we fought along side each other. Good defender and suprisingly you do well in battle for an elf. Glad I could help on your vitality quest even though I died two more times than you or Kaisse. As well as stealing that amulet from the corpse of an Imperial. :)

Gerylanst: Knew you with some previous Villagers, and I was their when you took your last breath, was kind of sad and at the same time knew things were going to get rough. And well they did go extremely south after your demise. Come back to the Village old bird.

Dolza: Keep it going, don't see you much anymore and not sure how long you will stick it out, but good luck if you do.

All others respond and I will reply, way too many names to keep going just of the top of my head.

Empire: Hated the ganks and I wish more of you would have had the balls to fight alone, which happened uhh... very seldom when there was more than one or two. Without the head it was pretty much hard for me to do anything, as a Svirf thief fighting a warrior and a mage gets rough fast. Esp. w/ the bash and disruption.. bleh. But, did have respect for a few of you.

Scions: Razmorthin, I hated you for the constant nightgaunting and soon learn more than well how to avoid them. Other than that I could never catch you to fight you as you seemed to disappear and not show up much unless gaunting. Others uhh... Gondrak, Zilopza enjoyed the fights earlier in my life. Can't remember too many of you. Vorlan a beast you suprised me a few times, that Lion is crucial.

Svirfneblin vulnerable blunt is a pain in the arse. So I tried a bit to avoid any fights I knew just wouldn't go my way as to the blunt damage. If I could I would strike quick and see if I could get them bleeding and then decide if it was in my best interest but most of the water forms were just a bit much, esp. for the mages who knew how to use them well. i.e. Harkan and another I can't remember.

That's it later for now people.

prev. characters of memory to me. Ibakhain, Maelbor, Ledifel, Rawnie, Iasolar and uhhh.. about it except for a few that never worked out much...
43888, RE: Well it's over!!
Posted by Varthas1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn you. That's all, just damn you.

I was rather hoping that you would still be around when I died my final death (which would have been by now, if you hadn't helped out so much). Not a great commander, simply because you weren't so much for leading the cabal, but I defintely enjoyed having you around. I always envisioned my death being with you and Kaisse about, but I suppose not now :P

To detail a bit of the above, I think it's mostly because Kaisse is being such a good commander. I was rooting for you in the rights!

Anyhow, definitely enjoyed having you there, all of the time!
43889, RE: Well it's over!!
Well thing is I never really wanted the position, but someone had to fill the shoes for the meantime. As well as at the time I did assume it, we were at an all time low in numbers so what could I do. As I have said I always preferred Drillmaster, Commander just wasn't my cup of tea. All the same was a good time while it lasted.
43895, Glad I kept you floating.
Posted by Kaisse on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I always got the feelin you were older than I thought - but I guess not everyone can live as long as Dulmisa (wow). You were a good fun while I was ranking up quick and its only fair I returned the favour. There is nothing quite like helping out an old friend and even after a few meetings thats how you felt. For my two cents on thieves, you just have to think 'cheap'. Its not that they aren't strong, but they're at their best taking advantage of others while they're weak/not expecting you. Thats what the constant hide/sneak is about! May not sound 'good' for a villager but its not like Thief Beserkers are common. And I am (i hope) starting to learn how the villagers can manipulate the stereotypical view to encompass the diversity thieves offer. I'd love to try one myself, but the complex trapper/poison paths look a bity iffy to begin with.

Glad you enjoyed it, I'm sure I'll see you again in an favourite ally/enemy capacity. As they say, see you in the fields!!
43896, PS...
Posted by Kaisse on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That post is so fragmented and random I almost sound drunk. I apologise!
43905, RE: Glad I kept you floating.
Well, I took the thug path and a bit of the galadon guild, think I missed two skills from thug thinking I could get the same skills as Ritur, oh well didn't work out. As for everything else I was a scout and enjoyed it much, just was a bit harder when the finger was pointed at me more often.... and well it was.. Let's get him, moreso by Empire than anyone, I think you are doing a good job continue and perhaps you shall see me in a different light sooner than you think.
Later, Iasolar
43918, Later Drillmaster
Posted by Falun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was fun shooting the #### with you every now and then. Sorry I had to go and kill you that one time. Nice job with Iasolar, good char.

-Falun
43920, RE: Later Drillmaster
Yep, and luck to you with the Provost. Solid character all around. And you were a pain to fight when Vindicator, bloody manacles with the guards blehhhhhhhhhhhh!!
43868, Good work
Posted by Rtisork on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just an overall good character from what I saw. I thought you, at least from a 'skill with rp' point of view, were or should have been the leader of Battle when I was around.

Hope you had fun!
43871, RE: Good work
Thanks, I was becoming more familiar w/ the Village when you were about and each battle I fought seemed I would gain just that much more knowledge of when to stay or when to run. Started getting pretty good at the art of suprise and attack, and was always pretty good at getting the hell out of dodge.

So thanks.
43866, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Iasolar StoneHeart the Hand of the Unseen, Drillmaster of Battle
Posted by Dulmisa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The thought of you knocking me out and stealing my #### was constantly hunting me when you were about, I never slept unless I was in the woods, which was fricking annoying when we didn't have the codex. I went to great lengths to avoid you. We met sometime during the Aladar incident, then a bit later, but our playingtimes didn't mesh much at all, I liked what little I interacted with you. Well done and keep up the good work.
43872, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Iasolar StoneHeart the Hand of the Unseen, Drillmaster of Battle
Yep, I have seen you w/ a few characters and you must be older than dirt by now. I knew you were a tough fight and skilled assassin, and I had a few tricks up my sleeve after two of the fights, just never got the chance to get you. :0 Luck to you and well done yourself.
43865, Nicely done...
Posted by Nivult on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There weren't too many ragers that I dreaded having to confront... you and Korok were it, mainly. And Korok was only a threat to me if he knew I was coming. You, however, were always making it difficult for me to defend in a raid or victimize the other ragers, and you did a good job of keeping me off their backs, even if you paid a heavy price for it once or twice.

I never could convince you to help me kill the fortress/scion mages, which always perplexed me... somehow I always felt that the battleragers would put a higher priority on killing mages than skirmishing against a lone imperial thief whom you couldn't really hope to kill. Anyway, the village is going to miss your presence, and good luck with your next char.
43873, RE: Nicely done...
Thanks, yes I could tell when you were coming through the ranks that I would have to deal with you sooner than later. That one time I was damned suprised that you beat me like you did, but I figured you must have been well prepped or that one of the Imperial mages must have got you souped up for we met. Well done yourself and luck to you.
43861, Well played
Posted by ordasen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked you, really I did :P You were a great scout and was starting to actually warm up as a Drillmaster on the second go around! You got the village as well moving in the right direction after Dolza, of which I am eternaly grateful.

You were not perhaps the best fighter at the rites, but I wasn't about to kick you to the curb after what you put into it. Hence why I put you back where I think you found your groove the best. You seem to think I yelled at you, but trust me you were doing fine :P I just thought that level requirements when the village needed some fresh blood was a bit high. BUT I still left it in your hands, as I do with most commanders.

Good luck on your next char
43874, RE: Well played
Thanks for all the compliments. It was always hard to tell w/ you. And I never quite got the grasp if I was doing things right or wrong. I preferred the Drillmaster position opposed to Commander. And had hoped to stick it out as in my goodbyes, but just got tired of all the little jerks and it just started to get real annoying.
Later Great Bear or as Kaisse would say Bear Ghost.
43855, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Iasolar StoneHeart the Hand of the Unseen, Drillmaster of Battle
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
From what I saw, a great scout. One of the best I've seen in that kind of role in Battle this year.
43875, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Iasolar StoneHeart the Hand of the Unseen, Drillmaster of Battle
Thanks Nep, hope I can come back with another just as memorable then maybe meet you guys in the skies.
Later
43852, Mean little bastard
Posted by Lightmaged on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think you did a good job. Enjoyed hunting you with Harkan, though had to pay off magelings to trick you into following them to water...

You were wellroleplayed and showed up to fight. Village is going to miss you.
43876, RE: Mean little bastard
Yeah, you were a tough cookie to bite and even harder one to crumble. Like I said the vuln. blunt was just crucial and that was even with resist and stone skin.. OUCH! Thanks for all the compliments and luck you on your next as well.