Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectThis elven warrior is admitting defeat.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=43822
43822, This elven warrior is admitting defeat.
Posted by Fierstithian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Those of you who can do this Outlander thing, I am impressed, but I wasn't up to the challenge. This was my first attempt at an Outlander, and I'll try again after I have considerably more CF experience if the Cabal is still alive.
43826, Do try again some later time
Posted by Ilimya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think outlander and scion has the neatest basic roleplay premise.
You weren't an outlander for very long were you? I hope you got to experience the outlander feel, and not just the drawbacks which, especially for a warrior, can feel severe at times.

Thank for the retrieval Sunday. It gave me the opportunity for half an hour of fun ;-) I would have liked the opportunity to argue with a distant cousin. I didn't feel the need to stir up trouble as there was plenty of action going down, but I guess I should have, since the opportunity is gone now.

Have fun with your next.

43823, Fielstithian: please read.
Posted by Oqoko on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My Opinion:

1) It was not the Cabal that did you in but playing the absolute hardest class race combination that I can think of.

2) You were not experienced enough with fighters to be able to play a blademaster with the above drawback.

3) You are not experienced enough in CF to be able to pull off the above because you did not know where to get the right gear.

The only way you can alleviate the above two is by sticking out the character right to the bitter end. I could tell you were getting dejected because your roleplaying was becoming a bit forced towards the end. I have tried an Elven blademaster and I have witnessed several others try it. None have truly succeeded in my memory that is not to say it is impossible, just tough beyond words.

G/L with your next.
43825, Re: Blademaster
Posted by Ilimya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is this some kind of code for a sword or dagger spec? While elf warrior is not on top of my badass list, sword and dagger seems perfectly viable choices for an elf warrior. I'd say it would be easier to survive as a elf warrior than an evil warrior in outlander due to less natural enemies and access to protection when fighting Empire.

In any case, outlander powers don't really compensate for any racial weaknesses, so I would think it a perfectly good argument that the _combination_ of a frail race and outlander drawbacks makes for a hallenge.