Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectNever to be sucked back into the whirlpool of goodness that is CF.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=43689
43689, Never to be sucked back into the whirlpool of goodness that is CF.
Posted by Zharradam on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think that it is appropriate to leave a parting farewell to a game that has consumed and inspired me for so many years. Most of the younger brigade wouldn't know me, but I write this more for myself and for those who do know me. I never thought I would have gained so many friendships from an online text based game, however I have and should any my friends dare visit Adelaide, my door will always be open (Jhyrbian, Graatch, Balrahd, Dev, Matty, Amergic...and many more).

Regardless of what they think/thought of me and my formed companions, I think Nepenthe has been an incredible boon for CF and I've always had respect for other Immortals such as Twist, Guerric and Sacer, despite the constant transfers to the RotD in my early days.

Characters of not so recent history include:

Deknash
Augustus
Vidar
Crewso
Vargas
Raag
Zharradam
Trodden
Sihesar
Palan

Characters of recent history include (yes, all necromances):

Ruhbilon
Slyphur
Dupayne
Aubarelle
Sylentia
Felthuzaad

CF isn't about proving anything, it's about having fun... and I succeeded beyond belief. I will officially make this my post on both forums and you can hold me to that (ie I won't be replying to any replies here). Various outside influences have brought me to this decision and CF has left many lasting and hilarious memories.

Never to be sucked back into the whirlpool of goodness that is CF.

The guy formerly known as 'Bemus-ed' signing out.
43898, RE: Never to be sucked back into the whirlpool of goodness that is CF.
Posted by Rom on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Lol...is this your like 4th "goodbye" post over the years? If you really wanna quit you just gotta go, no post, no nothing :P Your still in Adelaide eh? I just graduated from Maths&Comp Sci and got invited to do honours next year woot. You guys should come play DotA you would like it a lot me thinks.

Toodles,
The Ghost of Romanul.
43856, Come back and kill me sometime.
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For the record, I always thought you had it in you to produce great characters. Just, sometimes you put that kind of effort in and sometimes you didn't.

Definitely some names on that list I won't soon forget. Good luck with whatever you've got going on and I hope we lure you back someday.
43849, Farewell Enforcer
Posted by Kastellyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see you go. I always learned something when fighting your characters, which says a lot. Solid RP, I'm glad you stuck around as long as you did. Good luck in the land of RL!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends
43848, Sorry to see you go.
Posted by Marcus___ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When I started out here, you and Arolin were like my role models... Then after your comeback, your necros were a big load of trouble for my chars, but it was great fun. Anyways, you'll be missed. nt
43845, RE: Never to be sucked back into the whirlpool of goodness that is CF.
Posted by Evil Genius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Adios amigo.

Team OZ really helped make the game something fun for me.

-Craevenwulfe
43710, It was fun
Posted by Balrahd1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was a challenge and a blast (sometimes) having you as an enemy almost every time I played. Have fun and thanks for the invite .. just might take you up on it.
43843, RE: It was fun
Posted by Jhyrbian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man. Didn't see this until now. I'm staying out too. I might still have your email somewhere.

Cheers.
Jhyrb.

edit: yes this should be under Z's post.

43707, heh
Posted by Haravanzoth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't know if you remember it but we actually interacted on the lower levels. Had some incident ranking in tir-talath where our warrior got killed by some goodie. And the way you handled yourself and that whole situation by even helping the newbie to get back to the corpse while still maintaining your rp made me make a little note after your name. So whenever I checked who and saw you I saw the little note "skilled necro" after your name.

Just thought you should know.
43704, Best of luck.
Posted by Shadowmasterwrk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hope you come back.
43702, You'll be back homie.
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Roll up a non-necro! God damn man. Anywho, I've enjoyed (avoiding or at least, doing my best not to die to) your chars over the years. Hope you'll be back once the burn-out has healed a bit.
43691, RE: Never to be sucked back into the whirlpool of goodness that is CF.
Posted by gosen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
woah christ. back in teh days when I used to play hardcore. Didnt know you were still here. I remember you and arolin running together in masters, you getting the yeti. Fighting you both. Fighting palan, again as a villager, and dangit that time was felar and taking oblits through resist. least my giant did good against the yeti/arolin :) as far as other chars I remember alot of them from back in the day. the recent ones ebcause I am rarely ever here on the game anymore, only felthuzaad I know. Was felthuzaad I mixed up with taht dang conjurer too. I never fought felthuzaad. the person I see at level 32 wand up and go after three people, and me a shapeshifter uhh.. no.
anyway. you were a beast and three quarters. when I quit my second job when school starts in jan 9th, or maybe earlier to poke around, if thats a mud will visit :)
take care man