Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [SCION] Haravanzoth Ziraphael the Master of Transference
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=43589
43589, (DELETED) [SCION] Haravanzoth Ziraphael the Master of Transference
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Dec 9 08:43:18 2005

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Haravanzoth perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:transmuter
Level:46
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:128
43591, Oh well.
Posted by Haravanzoth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've been putting this off for too long. Scion just isn't the cabal for me I've come to understand. Oh the powers are awesome, and the feeling of the cabal is really good. It's just that beeing alone all the freaking time makes for no interaction. PBF should have some sort of measuring of average number of cabal mates online.

But I had alot of fun with this character too. Incidently my very first hero was also an arcane transmuter(Modion). I started playing just as the transmuter class was split. I really liked the changes to the transmuter class but I had in mind to get to 51 before starting my real A-game pk, cause I think neuro only lasts for 0 ticks before that.

No matter. On to the goodbyes.

First; a great big thanks to the Immortals for making this game possible.

Razmorthin: The lifeblood of Scion. When I was 40ish I one day logged on to see you and Chakru, both whom I had never seen before. Then you logged off and I shrugged off the odd incident. But lo and behold the next day I saw you two again, only this time you were 51. Crazy. I wish we could have hung out more. Especially once I'd reach hero. That would have been very interesting.

Other random scions: Hello.

43624, Hoped to have herod with you but...
Posted by Abernytee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Geddith got the bums rush from Scion and other things, like never seeing you about for ages made me delete. My only irk was when I was rank 40 and Alriac was 49 and he attacked me and I beat the snot out of him and you enlarged me and reduced him just as I had him convulsing ready to bash and finish the deal but couldn't because of the size difference. I know you were trying to help but I was pissed OOC.

-----Abernyte
43675, He was a decent guy
Posted by JustSomeone on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He was a nice character, but I had the same problem. All I needed was a single bash, and he enlarges me outside of bashing range. On another note, don't haste when a character has heavy bleeding.

Liked the char, but you should maybe try studying up on the spells. Ya could have gotten better later on for all I know, and if so, gratz.
43678, RE: He was a decent guy
Maybe I wanted you dead :-)

Someone really should hook me up with PBF goodness!
43679, RE: He was a decent guy
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Someone really should hook me up with PBF goodness!

That's my cue to say that you did play the character for 128 hours. Just under 4 cents/hour is a pretty reasonable rate in my opinion, and I assume that if you have 128 hours of free time to play CF, you probably have $5 sitting around somewhere to forever enshrine the character. :)

Not a big deal, but I get curious when I see lots of people quietly asking around for a freebie given such a small fee. I understand it can be difficult for some overseas players or minors, but it seems too common for it to be just that.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
43700, well
I had actually tried before but hadn't got paypal to work.

It seem now after some messing around I actually got it right!
43632, RE: Oh well.
Posted by Muuloc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your play times were different from the rest of Scion, for the most part, so I can understand your disappointment.

Still, what I saw of Haravanzoth was very impressive. I was pulling for you, and after that interaction with Harkan, hoping you'd continue to step up and eventually go for a leadership position.

Nice work.

43638, Huh? Are you nuts?
Posted by WTH on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Your play times were different from the rest of Scion, for
>the most part, so I can understand your disappointment.

Play times different from the rest of Scion

>Still, what I saw of Haravanzoth was very impressive. I was
>pulling for you, and after that interaction with Harkan,
>hoping you'd continue to step up and eventually go for a
>leadership position.
>

What the hell? A leadership position for a character the rest
of the Cabal can not interact with as per the first part of
your reply? Are you smoking something and not sharing? Come on share!!!!! :P
43641, Here is mho of it.
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
first: Hara was pretty cool. liked 'im. :) not IC of course.

second: It would be my belief that had you gone for a leadership position, (and gotten it) You might have inspired people who play during your hours to apply. then you'd have people to interact with AND have some handy fodder uhh i mean troops to send at the fortressites. :)

In any case having played a muter in a cabal and being the only one on for much of the time I feel your pain. Well done from all that I saw.
-Feichin.
43650, Nothing wrong with that.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Play times different from the rest of Scion... What the hell? A leadership position for a character the rest of the Cabal can not interact with as per the first part of your reply?

1) Leadership positions should go to the best person for the job, defined as a person with both quality and quantity of presence. Everything that follows is secondary to that.

2) If most Scions are on for one part of the day, it's actually beneficial if the leader is on a different part of the day. This is because it helps applicants who might not otherwise see many Scions. People who see many regular Scions but not the leader can still make strides towards joining the cabal by getting existing Scions to give recommendations, etc.

3) After a while, the play schedule of any cabal can reflect that of the leader, for the simple reason that inductions only happen during the leader's playtimes.

4) Scion has multiple people capable of induction. Muuloc, Eshval, and two mortals commonly bring people in. One person with an odd schedule won't impact the system much.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
43653, To add to this
Posted by Runaktla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If a person's not going to be able to get into Scion, chances
are it has less to do with the time of day of the player versus
the time of day of Scion leader, and more to do with the player
cap for Scion mixed with the legions of PC's that would rank up
to around thirty-thirty fifth level, get inducted, play for a
few more days, then decide to stop logging in until they
autodelete.

That was eternally frustrating,

- Runaktla
43654, RE: Oh well.
Posted by Eshval on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good character and I am sorry if you felt alone...as a note, you weren't, I was often watching. :P

I am pleased you had some fun out of the experience. Good luck!
43701, RE: Oh well.
Ah :) Well any sporadic echoes would -really- have spiced the existence of Haravanzoth up. Regardless, it must have been rather dull watching. Me retriving and checking wand locations all the time.