Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Bligduum "Bliggy" the Steadfast, Consummate Dwarven Maran
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=43396
43396, (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Bligduum "Bliggy" the Steadfast, Consummate Dwarven Maran
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Dec 2 12:13:48 2005

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Bligduum perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:276
43482, Yar ferggiten bout da cat!!!
Posted by Volicitry on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
......grumble..... Last time I drink with a dwarf
43501, I forgot about the cat.
Posted by Bliggy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry, I was kinda pressed for time when I was writing my goodbyes.

I really enjoyed that drinking party. First time I ever saw someone empty more than one mug of Gods' Wrath in one sitting.

I can't believe you stuck it out this long - I felt really bad when Alcohol poisoning kilt you after our spar - I didn't realize healers couldn't gate to the Inn. Bleh.
43431, Booo..urns!
Posted by Oqoko on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Rotter! One of my best friends.
Hope to see you soon!
43502, Oqoko
I love RP and all, but you had to accept so many restrictions on your char it wasn't even funny. I hope you make hero, I hope you don't die to CON loss, and, uh, I hope you have fun.

For me, the PK aspect of the game is half the fun - I don't understand the kind of logic that takes you to choose one of the potentially deadliest classes in the game and then cripple yourself and paint a big target on your ass right after. Heh.

But I really did like Oqoko, both IC and OOC. I wish I coulda gotten you drunk with Bliggy, but I never found the time. Heh.
43419, Bliggy, my man!
Posted by Kruuank on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It said a lot about you the player and the character that time you came back and rescue'd Xilla when you were writhing. I know I died there, but you were the one more at risk (amazingly true) and I got to respect your guts. Every thing nice said about me could be said about you as well (except for the newbie part :)). Well f-in done and good luck with your next.
43415, Hah!
Bliggy was my first cabaled char, first hero, first title, first a LOT of things. My condolences to anyone who interacted with my previous characters - they sucked in both PK and RP.

My Laptop blew up on me, so while I had it repaired my playing times changed erratically. Sorry.

Some commentary - Dwarves are fun as all hell to play. Seriously. The accent made me stumble a bit sometimes, though. Playing a warrior at hero with knowledge of NONE of the important preps - no haste/barrier/shield, only one stoneskin source that hurt me as much as it helped, stuff like that. Needless to say, I wasn't all that good in PK - I felt more like a support char at times, cause the healers would be the ones soaking up all the damage and I'd just be hacking away at super prepped dam redux transmuter or invoker.

I tried to return gear when I could, but often didn't have the time or the money (Azrael, your helm of black magic took six gold and two barter items before I just gave up on uncursing it for you and left it in my inventory). Thank God for lightforge weapons - when I was a squire I musta gone through fifty notched axes and twenty spiders. I hate regearing.

I don't remember many times where I had a sweet set for more than three days. The few times I pulled that off were because I didn't have my laptop, and therefore couldn't log on very much.

On to the goobyes -

Fortress - I'm sorry for sucking at PK. Sigh.

Meagara - Bliggy's Marshal for now and forever. Or something like that. I have this sneaking suspicion you made induction a lot harder than it should have been. Hehe. I really liked the interactions we had, and your RP was solid all around. You also helped me rank up more than any of the Acolytes, which was a big plus in my book =P

Aarn - Hah! You made things a lotta fun for this character. I was going to do more with the whole daisy vandalism in the Forge, but I kept being called away OOC, and ended up having to quit out soon after. Gah. Bliggy was _really_ pissed off at you for that ElfLover crap. Ehehe. I had this whole conversation planned where I was going to demand how the hell I was going to scare off darklings and demons with a name like ElfLover, but I never got the chance to pull it off.

Kelayna - It was... interesting. You actually brought a lot of depth to Bliggy's character. After the incidents, Blig was trying to stonewall everything, getting more distant so as to ease your way to Hirken. Unfortunately, I never got enough time to RP it fully, in my opinion. Sigh.

Hirken - You were a good younger brother type, but then afterwards it got really awkward trying to talk with you. I felt really bad that time Varthas got you in Voralia and I didn't pincer him or do something to stop him. Bleh. In action, the opposite of Feichin - you were solid in RP but didn't PK very much.

Breallye - You should be cardinal. Great RP all around. The first time you threatened to cut off Bliggy's beard, I was near in tears laughing. Bliggy at first thought you were a bit of a bully, but he figured it out after the hug =)

Xilla - You were funny, but Bliggy was a bit intimidated by you. Pushy older sister, I say! I still don't know why.

Feichin - We made Maran at the same time. You didn't spend very much time interacting with Bliggy, but you were great to have on our side in a fight and fun when it counted.

Faltarn - Dammit, why'd you delete? The Imperials have got the huge numbers disparity now, and the Fort needed you more then ever =(

Hrugald - Major influence on Bliggy's RP. You were his mentor, per se. Very much a dwarf. I wanted to be at your freaking wedding!

Levan - It was my fault, that last death. No worries. I love the hell outta you, but you should get on more.

Roavia - You deleted on me! One of the few elves always up for a party. I'm sorry you weren't enjoying CF.

Alriac - Captain! You got a COOL title, while I got "Bliggy" ElfLover. Much love, though, very beastly.

Yllriah - You stole my line. Hirken: Whats the best way to turn a necromancer to the Light? You: With an axe. I swear to God, I had actually typed "with a gun" in and was deleting the gun part for axe when you put that in! Argh!

Nashakk - A lot better with the axe spec then me. I just ran in and pincered, when bash or trip might have sealed me the kill. Heh.

Lothari/Arbellyn/Loiteous - I put you all in one category cause you are all Fortie warriors who disappeared. You don't understand how incredibly useful you would have been had you continued to play - I remember more than once it was two healers and me defending against a bunch of enemies. Bleh. Permalag woulda sealed so many more kills, if I just had someone to time with my pincers!

Imperials - Dulmisa, aren't axe specs supposed to be good against assassins? But noooo... never missed an assassinate on me, dodge my pincer, then force my axes off from str loss with kan and kot =(.

Niaz - You made emperor soooooo fast. Very nice stylish RP, though, the few times I interacted with you. It was very cool.

I remember getting my gear back only two or three times, out of the countless number of times I died in the palace.

Scions - you were much better at returning gear than the Imperials were. Much more skill, much less people. Bleh. Only got you a total of two times, Raz.

Varthas - Good interactions, I suppose, but I hate how you slay our mages and I keep hesitating to pincer you. =(

Kruuank - I treasure all our fights cause you were never prepped either, and so therefore it was mostly tactics that won it. I will admit, however, that if I was losing I'd get the #### out. If you see a healer near then you probably shouldn't chase =P

The rest, post and I'll respond. Its late, people are yelling at me to get off the computer, and I have a headache.
43416, Oh, and I'd love it if someone could get my PBF.
I don't have my role saved, but I had a lot of fun writing it and I think it might provide a bit of entertainment. Among other things.
43425, RE: Oh, and I'd love it if someone could get my PBF.
Posted by Cytherea_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sure, why not, I feel like giving, it is the holiday season right?
43417, Bye
Posted by Atyrok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I guess I need to start being more significant, none of the recently deleted fortress folks mentioned me. I enjoyed our interactions, and I hope my stealing your potions didn't really bother you too much. Good luck with your next.
43424, Pfft...
You were interesting to interact with but I didn't see you much at all recently, which was probably the main reason I forgot about you.

I had fun sparring with you, verbally and not but I remember confusing you with Faior, a Tribunal thief who sold things to Forties at blackmail prices, because you were both talking to me while I was hidden. Heh.
43429, Stealing Fun
Posted by Dezerael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I must admit. Other then Alriac, you were the funnest to steal from.
43434, Bliggy!
Posted by Aarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Actually you brought it on yourself man. I wanted to get "Bliggy" in your title, because well, that's just a great nickname. But you didn't have a last name for me to put it between, so I had to make something up! Plus I figure a dwarf that was in love with an elf (even half of one!) would be up for some scorn from his kin, so Elflover came to mind. :P

I didn't want your title to be a punishment though, so when the chance arose I changed it. Hope you liked it better then :P

Anyway, Bliggy was fun to have around. Great job with your first hero! You know in a twinge of irony, my first hero and first cabaled character was a dwarf warrior too...

Keep em coming!
Aarn
43439, Nooooooooo!
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hehehe Master Blig, forget all that not good stuff.
First hero? First Caballed?
You were great without knowing that, with that bit thrown in
just plain awesome man. Most of the reason I didn't interact
alot with well over half the fort was A) Shifters don't get
to talk much, B) When I had to land to revert to give news, report
locations, give a sitrep or whatever, It was always little
bursts of info, no real talking. So when I was talking
I would just pour out all this drivel because I went so long
without talking (It seems all my shifters are like that.)
C) Too many racial insults towards elves. :) I was getting
really irked at the dwarves over that. hehehe

Anyway 'Bliggy' (though I never called him that) was simply
a great character. buy one of those usb to ps2 connectors
that let's you plug in a regular keyboard and mouse into a single
usb port and get back in there. (From having tried it on a laptop
I'd never mud again without at least a keypad plugin. hehe I don't even think east or west etc.. I think 'That way' and hit 6 on the keypad or whatever. -I'll never be able to give anyone directions ic)

Best of luck with your next, I bet it will be even better than Bliggy.

43440, Well then..
Posted by Hirken on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm really sorry to see you go man. You were fun to interact with, but the whole love triangle thing made things really akward. On another note, I've never been very good at PK. I hope I get to interact with another one of your characters. Good luck.
43445, Damn them all
Posted by Nashakk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn all those fort bastards for calling you Bliggy! Poor guy! No dwarf should be reduced do that! Ahh, but you were cool and I am extremely impressed, especially knowing this was your first hero. Seems to me it can only go uphill for you. See you in the fields,
Nash
43452, Well done
Posted by Dulmisa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That time I got you outside the Fort with all of those Fortressites so close I had such an adrenaline rush! I love dwarves ooc and well-played ones like this last batch of you are so cool. Here comes the log:

<1013/1013hp 658m 787mv (7 PM) > n
A Dried Streambed

TARGET HERE
(WANTED) Bligduum is here.
A small, furry beast watches you from the safety of a snow drift.
Bligduum eats a cherry pie.

<1013/1013hp 658m 780mv (7 PM) > Assassinate Bligduum
You slide up behind Bligduum and drive your sword through his back.
Bligduum falls to the floor, blood flooding from his pierced heart.
Bligduum is DEAD!!
Bligduum spills his guts all over the floor.

<1013/1013hp 658m 780mv (7 PM) >
Alriac has arrived.
Krazen has arrived.

And I just decided to get out of dodge.
43461, Haha, your role kicks much ass.
Posted by Icthaen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great first hero, I hope I interact with more of yours in the future.
Cheers Bliggy.
43520, hehe
Posted by Haravanzoth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed the scowling during the numerous retrives :-) A pity I havent been able to log Haravanzoth as much as I would like to lately. At hero I think we could have had some interesting fights.
43410, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Bligduum
Posted by Yllriah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Huge loss.

You were always fun, Bliggy.
43406, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Bligduum
Posted by a watcher on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
say i saw the way you enteracted with the people around you. good play! the way you reacted to your lost love was admirable. hope to see you again soon
43401, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Bligduum
Posted by Levan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I got you killed...for your last death...that's not cool and I'm really sorry. I suppose there wasn't much to be said about it in the RP of a Maran anyway. If it's any consolation we got the Orb back :P.

You were one of many dwarven Maran I had the pleasure of interacting with and I think you did an excellent job lifting the spirits of those around you in the way only a dwarf can. Trudge on.
43397, Ohh ####
Posted by Faltarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And what is Fortress going to do without you man?