Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Kelayna Durilan the Fickle-Hearted Protector of the Faith, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=43346
43346, (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Kelayna Durilan the Fickle-Hearted Protector of the Faith, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Dec 1 22:13:38 2005

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Kelayna perished, never to return.
Race:half-elf
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:379
43414, Good Job!
Posted by Cuucqa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Way to finish out a character full of firsts!
I could, like others, figure pretty fast you were new to the class. But you really seem to get the hang of things later in life, so that often none of you comrades would fall, and sometimes you wouldn't either :p
I felt OOC bad about that hammering at the fort, but as I said IC War is brutal although it probably sounded like 'Waar ith bruuudaal'
and having been in the receiving end of a few of those could more than sympathize.
As Corlaan said, play another couple of Empowerment/healer chars and your will find yourself much more potent, bet you will end up one of those can't live without healers that can totally turn the tide of any battle.

CUITF
43421, RE: Good Job!
Posted by Kelayna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You actually took the time to say a few things to me, I think you and one another Imperials did. That was all. Oh besdies the ones commenting on my fickle-hearted title and calling me a coward because of it. And about that time at the Fort that you're talking about, that was when I had 4 con left and I was really ready to go, honestly. I knew you all would come, so don't feel bad about it. Good luck to you.
43389, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Kelayna Durilan the Fickle-He...
Posted by The Other Woman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey girl,

I tried really hard to keep things civil or even friendly between the two of us. I was completely for your relationship with Hirk and thought it was super that the two of you could find happiness in a cf relationship. My playing times are so scarce that I know we didn't really get a chance to get anymore involved, but I would have enjoyed the added storyline. It was fun!

PS - We need to quit meeting like this, Eerolyin! Maybe we're doomed to get into situations like this simply because we are both female.

Good luck with the next and HAVE FUN!
43399, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Kelayna Durilan the Fickle-He...
Now that has me really curious. Shoot me an email sometime jenna_r_20@yahoo.com
43369, Well done.
Posted by Crullen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thank you for the interactions, and thanks for not goin crazy on me when you found out I was traveling with the other team.

It was a pleasure to have you around, and to talk to you.
See you in the fields,
Crullen.
43358, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Kelayna Durilan the Fickle-Hearted Protector of the Faith, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Razmorthin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

You were a real pillar for the Fort and also one of the enemies I snooped on the most. Whenever a fight was going to go down you were the glue that held the fort ranks together and thats why we aimed at you with a vengeance. I'll miss your character but I won't miss your heals ;)

All the best, and I hope to see you in the fields again soon.
Raz

43388, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Kelayna Durilan the Fickle-He...
Heh, I got quite used to being aimed at the and killed over the course of this character. Those devils are so mean! I hated when I would log on and see you on who. I knew sometime soon you were going to come for the Orb and there wasn't a whole I was going to able to do to stop you. I was suprised that one time Yllriah and I got though. I think that's the only time I saw you die, but you nearly took us both down.

I might just have to roll up an evil now that I've played like four goodies in a row. I'm thinking it is time to switch sides. Good luck with whatever is left with Razmorthin, I was glad to see him come back after that death in the Fortress.
43405, Don't worry, TONS of hours and con left ;) -nt-
Posted by Raz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
43355, Wow
Posted by Hirken on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
All I can say is wow really. We had a real emotional rollercoaster of a relationship. Heh. I really enjoyed our interactions and it's definitely one of the most memorable mudrelations I've ever had. Keep your head up and get back in there. I'll be seeing you around. If you want to get ahold of me, you can e-mail me at Brokenatlas@yahoo.com. Be well and all that.

On a slightly off note-It always seems I get some odd and discouraging titles. Heh.

Temperaleai, Xiouze, and a few others...

Later,
Hirken
43433, RE: Wow
Oh yeah, my email is jenna_r_20@yahoo.com if you ever want to get a hold of me.
43350, I'll mention a few enemies too that I forgot
Chakru--you had me seriously thinking about trying to turn evil after I got that title. You have no idea how close you were.

Kruunak--Talked to you a couple times. I liked you and had a lot of respect for you. I remember the last things you said to me. Maybe next time we'll be on the same side, you have so much heart.

That's about it. I pretty much hated all the Imperials.
43349, Impressive. If Hrugald or Ulothrye wasn't there...
Posted by Kruuank on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was always aiming at you then. Waiting to hear more.

Good luck on your next.
43348, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Kelayna Durilan the Fickle-He...
Well, what to say. First healer, first empowerment character ever tried, my first lastname character, and first Acolyte. I interacted with a lot of different people, so I'm only going to post goodbyes for those that I was around the most. Way too many others to remember. Oh yeah and I was ready to delete after I got that fickle-hearted title, that almost ruined my whole enjoyment of Kelayna. Now then on to a few goodbyes:

Corrlaan--Thanks for empowering me, I know I wasn't that great of a follower, but you gave me a chance and made me an Acolyte. So thanks for putting up with me.

Breallye--I know I couldn't have lasted this long without you. You are a great player, and I'll certainly miss my interactions with you. You could always tell when something was bothering me, and thanks for always being there to talk to and guide me. By far, you were Kelayna's best friend throughout her entire life. I think I met you at the Inn when I was like at 10th or 11th title, and we were friends after that.

Hirken--You take care of yourself. Finish what you've started. Hope you enjoyed out interactions as much as I did. Was always nice to have you around.

Bligduum--Kelayna still felt so guilty about what happened even as she was taking her final breaths. We had some fun times together. You beter hold on. The Fortress needs you!

Anyone else, I'm tired so...sorry if I didn't get ready to writing long goodbyes to lots of people. Respond and I will.

Eerolyin, Caitlyn, Kelayna and a few others.
43351, Oh, someone else I forgot
Kasdenn--How could I forget you!? You helped me regear so much. Wouldn't have lasted this long without you either. Thanks for everything you did. At least I got to help you out in some ways as well. Thanks for everything.
43360, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Kelayna Durilan the Fickle-He...
Posted by Breallye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Deep down, I loved your charactor. From the first meeting to the last. I could tell you were getting so depressed during the last few weeks. But in all seriousness, armor helps :P. You take it easy, and role something fun. See ya in the fields.
43404, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Kelayna Durilan the Fickle-He...
Thanks for everything you did. When I saw Breallye log on, it would just make me smile. Loved your character. Feel free if you ever want to email me jenna_r_20@yahoo.com and if not that's cool too, good luck with Breallye and whatever comes after that.
43361, Funny how we get bumping into each other's characters in the fields.
Posted by Endalion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Eerolyin, Caitlyn, Kelayna and a few others.

From those in your list, I knew Eerolyin, Kelayna and a few others. Well played. It was pretty funny when Feichin said that Endalion was to compliment your dress for the beauty contest, no matter what it looked like. And Endalion did. Endalion believed that you had a good chance of winning the competition if any pure elves wouldn't take part. See you in the fields!

Endalion
43371, Sorry to see you go, and in such a hard way!
Posted by Feleniel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I always believed if the raid hadn't pulled you away from the Inn, you would have won the beauty contest. Elegance in simplicity, and all that. I know I would have voted for you. *smiles*

I didn't interact with you overmuch, but when I did it was always a pleasure.

See you in the Fields,
*Feleniel
43378, RE: Sorry to see you go, and in such a hard way!
Yeah, I really didn't care about winning. I wasn't even going to enter until Arvam started trying be a smooth talker at the Inn one night, and he talked me into it. But that was the night I became an Acolyte so it was well worth leaving the contest for the raids.
43372, A few words
Posted by Corrlaan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

First off contrarty to what you might believe, you weren't a bad follower. Just a slightly misguided one. You could tell it was your first healer (Ie many PK deaths) and you could tell that it was an early attempt at empowerment. That is not anything bad. I STILL have trouble getting empowered so don't think I am being all high and mighty over you.

As for almost deleting over the Fickle Hearted deal...you have to admit...you did it to yourself....and I'm glad you stuck it out instead of 'taking your ball and going home'. I hated to be somewhat strict with you near the end, but Corrlaan's religion is soooooo anti-self-pity....and you were playing that up pretty hard, so I had to play the 'tough love' card and try to snap you out of it.

All in all a well played character nonetheless, and you probably learned a lot. Play a couple more healers...I always find it takes me 4 or 5 characters to really learn a class. I would be sure that with a couple more empowerment characters and/or healers you would really start to get the feel for it.

Good luck

Corrlaan
43373, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Kelayna Durilan the Fickle-He...
Posted by Aarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, Kelayna was good to have around, despite the occasional bout of drama! I'm sorry you didn't like the title, though you have to admit it was justified. I figured you would enjoy the increase in drama potential. :P

Just remember when bad things happen to your character, if you roll with it you can often make it something great. Some of the best characters I've seen on CF have been in a bad way at one point, such as being kicked out of a cabal, unempowered, titled, etc. Then they take it to heart and roleplay their feelings on the matter, and it works out great.

Anyway, good luck with your next one.

Aarn
43377, Damned!
Posted by Bliggy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There were definitely some fun times there - those little bouts of drama really kept me off-balance, though.

You came from the generation of Scribes that entered after they closed down the cabal to squire applicants, meaning that at lower ranks it was rare that you had someone to help you while fighting off the hordes of Imperial lowbies. I felt really bad for you, watching you get ganked at lower levels.

I feel responsible for more than my fair share of your deaths - more than once you died because of my mistakes during PK. Sigh.

Also, a small tip - wield whips/flails and go for the lash! Seriously, time it once or twice with my pincer and it might have sealed many a kill.

I have two main regrets - after the weird stuff with Hirken, it felt really awkward trying to talk to either of you, even though you were Forties and therefore by definition members of Bliggy's family, and the second being the fact that my Laptop's keyboard blew up, denying me access to CF at home for the most part. My playing times are really erratic now and Bliggy never really got a chance to get back into things with you again.

Bliggy *really* tried his best to cheer you up and stop you from the whole delete thing. Glad you stuck it out this long.

Good luck with your next. Come back to the Fort!
43381, RE: Damned!
Bliggy...after the whole thing with Hirken I missed interacting with you, but I didn't even want to look at you after that happened. I had already typed in delete in Galadon when I dropped all that stuff, heh. Thanks for everything, and I don't think you'll see me back in the Fortress for a while. Good luck to you too. If you ever want to shoot me an email, jenna_r_20@yahoo.com
43386, Sometimes...
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sometimes you and hirken REAAAAALLLY drove me nuts.
When trying to get back the orb, I just figured better not
to even ask for sanc or healing. and for most of the time, just pretend you two didn't exist and I was alone in the fort.
Which was easy actually. I spoke with hirken about it at your wedding.
or after?
All the time before that, Thought you were a skilled healer.
Some inbetween times you'd suddenly go all friendly and helpful
(mostly when Faltarn woke) So I figured it was me.
I didn't complain directly at you, because Fei had always been
as polite as he could be to ladies. :)

I kind of assumed it was just you as a player just being much farther into the RP part of cf. Which I seem to be lacking now-a-days. :)
but sometimes you really had my pulling my hair out.

When you were 'there' you rocked though. I can't count the times you either saved my life or made it to where I was able to win a fight I'd have fled otherwise.
43387, RE: Sometimes...
I figured you knew that you could come to me anytime and get whatever you needed, and I hoped that you would.. Nothing was more important to Kelayna than helping the Fortress. Faltarn was, I think, the only Maran I never died around. Kelayna would have been right there beside you helping get the orb back, all you had to do was ask. Good luck with your next.
43395, Hahaha.
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know it was all in fun but remember the begging bit?
I really couldn't afford that kind of time.
For the rest Fei would just state what he was going to do
and if you were going to come along chime in. Didn't figure I needed
to ask about retrieving. Raiding sure. but retrieving I just figure
it's pretty important to anyone in a cabal to have thier item
forget the powers part. It's like insulting for your enemies to
hold your item of power, ya know?
(Yes Fei took it as a personal insult if someone else had it, and yeah if he took someone else's that too was an insult to them hehe)

Maybe that's all me though, I'm aware I'm pretty twisted and some
of it bleeds into the game even when I do my best to keep it out.
43400, RE: Hahaha.
I meant with raiding, not retrieving. Kelayna only made you beg like twice when you pissed her off about something. I can't even remember what that was all about...but if there was any way to retrieve the the Orb I was there. I thought I was at least.
43409, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Kelayna Durilan the Fickle-He...
Posted by Yllriah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see you go.

A lot of the time you were hard to work with, but you also had heart and did what needed to be done.
43412, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Kelayna Durilan the Fickle-He...
Posted by Khobedi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I actually liked you even though you hated me, we didnt have very many good interactions and most were just name calling, but the few times I listened to your conversations with other people they were interesting

p.s. Why did you get that title??
43413, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Kelayna Durilan the Fickle-He...
If you want to email me, I'll tell you. But I don't want to talk about anymore, not on a public forum at least. jenna_r_20@yahoo.com
43454, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Kelayna Durilan the Fickle-He...
Posted by Dulmisa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You go away for a weekend and a whole bunch of you go and die, this is very bad for the Fort. Good luck and that shizzle.
43481, Yar fergitten bout the cat! Sure!
Posted by Volicitry on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
..... grumble ......