Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Gortutt the Master of the Pack
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=43216
43216, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Gortutt the Master of the Pack
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Nov 28 12:31:26 2005

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Gortutt perished, never to return.
Race:cloud
Class:ranger
Level:38
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:101
43269, As per Kaisse's request, goodbyes
Posted by Gortutt on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well then, where to start. I suppose I'll begin with where I have been. I went and played WoW after having some bad luck with my last character and because I was getting bored of CF. So after a few months of that, I decided to come back and in doing so try something unique, to perk my fancy. Thus was the beginning of Gortutt.

So I rolled myself a sphere War cloud giant ranger who would try his best to enter into the world of ragers. As most have probably noticed by now, I love ragers. I usually play warriors and since they represent two things I love, I can't really get away from them. One thing being they are a sort of super warrior, hard to take down and they pretty much hunt solo (I despise ganging as it takes no skill and ruins the fun of competition. Its like can my team of seven beat your team of eleven in football. Not likely and highly stupid.) The second part being is for some reason, my being utterly despises mages >:). But that's the main part. Side things being like easy to go, not really needing to be anal and prepping (I can do it, but I hate the hassle.)

Moving on, another pet peeve of mine is to have two of a kind. I hate playing characters that had done the same thing I did, but at least I don't mind that any more. However I do mind having two of the same type of character at the same time. For instance, most of battle warriors are flail/whip right now, either first or second spec. Having that many warriors with the same spec as me would make me want to beat my brains out. So the idea of a rager ranger appealed to me as they seem to be incredibly rare. On another note, i wanted to know how it would be to play a rager not so out in the open.

Overall, it was only 100 hours and no big deal. I had fun and had some great times with roleplay, met some great characters and found out some things about zerker ragers that I didn't know possible :). But playing a ranger gave me two things I didn't like. An extremely limted pk range and a crappy pk ratio. Rangers, when played correctly, are pretty damn deadly. Many people complain that at hero they are not that great, boring, and such like that. I can definetely that if there was a class that screamed snore fest, rangers would be it. Boring is their middle name. But they can be damn deadly and you must have the patience of a saint to pull that off. By limited pk range, rangers are masters of the wilds. Key word there being the wilds. They are not meant to fight outside of the woods, meaning you must sneaky and not step out of camo or your prey has to come to you. As for being sneaky, giants can only pick up a tree and creep with it so far before falling on their ass out in the open. And as for letting your prey come to you, well, mages avoid ragers like the plague (as they well should). So thus I had a hard time finding crap to kill. And in all reality, I play CF for its PK aspect more than its RP.

Anyway, I suppose my reason for deletion was boredom and wanting to do something else. I can tell you one thing, that the patience I have gotten from playing a ranger will make me able to play an assassin with ease, considering stalking is a moving thing and rangers are a sitting still till they get done ranking and then go to sleep thing. Don't get me wrong, I loved the character and I loved my interactions. But it didn't hold up to my personal standards, if that makes sense.

I've rambled for too long, so I shall move forth with the good-byes.

IMMs:

Ordasen: Thanks for the time you spent with my during my induction interview and the such. Rager rangers are rare so I suppose it was all too tempting. Hope you enjoyed the mage steaks and keep up the great work with Battle.

Kastellyn: I suppose that was you being the Destructor. Thanks for the well done, it was pleasing. Although being yelled at for attacking a storm giant who quaffed a potion of flight in my face was a bit dishearting, but thats how you have always run the battle cabal, straightforward so as to not mislead the troops. Definetely respectable and thanks for the pat on the back.

Battle:

Kaisse: You can take top spot on the good-byes since you requested them :). I really enjoyed our talks, the ale runs and the good times. You have some interesting twisted rp, and by that your outlook on everything. Definetely refreshing from the normal smash mage that most tend to learn towards. Keep up the great work and I hope you manage to get a crew for that ship of yours.

Hranos: Another great character. You seem highly experienced and were always looking out for me, trying to better my set, my character, just having a genuine good impact. Thanks for all the fun, good luck with the future.

Iasolar: Ah, good Commander. A thief Commander is just sexy to watch in my eyes and you seem to do that oh so well. It was great to hear you killing all these mages over the cb, definete morale raiser. Nothing like hearing how the Commander is killing off the impure to make me desire blood myself >:).

Kragsomething: I'm bad with names that have more than seven letters, so I apologize. Didn't talk with you much but seem to have a good head on the shoulders, as far as game knowledge goes. Wish I could have seen some rp. Enjoy Battle.

Trismit: Glad to see you get into Battle before I left. You definetely seem smart and you came in so late, it's good to have an assassin on the team :). Assassinate some mages for me.

Kigan: Speak up boy! Or girl, whatever your cat rear is. Your young and definetely look like you'll go far. Be nice if you said something now and then. Good luck to you kitty.

Writing good-byes at 1 AM makes you forget a lot of names. Post and I will reply.

Tribby:

Falun: How I enjoyed our hours of you running around after me and the tells of tormenting your shaman arse. You definetely are a good Vindicator, although a little too persistent for my tastes. If you can't get the ranger on the first fog out, let em be and come back for em later >:).

Other tribbies: There's just something about your whole cabal that rubs me wrong. I hope some outlanders come out of the woodwork and beat some of your over the head. Your guards are for stopping criminals from looting and returning what you deem returnable, like non-weaponry. They aren't full loot bots that are there for your pleasure. I'll leave it at that.

Didn't really interact with too many other cabals. Again post if you so desire.

Uncaballed:

Nalndun: Oh how I hated you landing sleep through spellbane so many times. You definetely seemed competant and it was nice to have somewhat of an enemy rival, if you could call it that. Didn't see you too much for awhile and I hope you didn't delete or some such. Hardest part of a necro is the ranking :). Best of luck lad, and your unsupported mage club gave me a good chuckle.

Oqoko: Well well, what can I say. A drow necro that roleplays her rear off and is doing a good job with all the pressures apparently. From day one that I attacked you I loved our interactions. You have astounding gusto to stick with your rp and make it all worthwhile. Wish I could have learned more, couldn't think of how a female drow who chose necromancy suddenly betrayed. Too bad I won't get to find out :(. Anyway, best of luck to use as well, hang in there champ.

Well, I suppose that's all. Enjoy CF, just remember that it's a game and people do it for fun. So make everyone's experience enjoyable, not just yours :P.

Signing out,
Gortutt/Karashin/Tuggluk/Undead_Irish
43270, Arg...
Posted by Gryshilniar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Too bad you deleted. We barely interacted but we did chat a bit and I was hoping that we could talk more about my Albatross
You ragers seemed to be the most in line with Grysh's thinkin actually.

Anyway, I feel your pain about the full loot bots, nothing's more frustrating that being chased down by Vindicators/Provost so they can loot your brass collars and spiked iron bracers but it's all part of the fun when you can get back at them and it feels so much better than your regular kill. I love playing ragers also and I've enjoyed your past characters so I do hope you come back sometime and that I have the pleasure of interacting with you.

Good luck with everything.
43272, RE: As per Kaisse's request, goodbyes
Posted by Oqoko on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Oqoko: Well well, what can I say. A drow necro that
>roleplays her rear off and is doing a good job with all the
>pressures apparently. From day one that I attacked you I
>loved our interactions. You have astounding gusto to stick
>with your rp and make it all worthwhile. Wish I could have
>learned more, couldn't think of how a female drow who chose
>necromancy suddenly betrayed. Too bad I won't get to find out
>:(. Anyway, best of luck to use as well, hang in there
>champ.

Hehe. Well I did try to speak with you several times to tell you more because Gortutt seemed interested in it. Then I would get "Gortutt sad, gotto go now". The one time I met you on the mountain near Shokai's shrine I figured I could finally talk to you but.. POOF.. gone. I liked the character and in fact have loved all my interactions with the Villagers. Even at level 12ish when I showed myself to Hranos so I would not be seen as sneaking up on him.. OOOPS.. that was a mistake. But rped with me amazingly well. To be correct I think I have enjoyed my Village RP only second to the Fortress stuff.

>Well, I suppose that's all. Enjoy CF, just remember that it's
>a game and people do it for fun. So make everyone's
>experience enjoyable, not just yours :P.
>
>Signing out,
>Gortutt/Karashin/Tuggluk/Undead_Irish

Oh when you said you play for PK first.. I was like HUH? Cause you RP your butt off too! I was sad to see you go because I was hoping to go hunt necromancers with you. Trust me, Oqoko is damn good necro bait. :P
43268, What went wrong?
Posted by Kaisse on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Looked like you were going strong back there, not enjoying battle right now?

Hit us up with some goodbyes, I really liked you.