Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Geddith the Evil Knight
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=43029
43029, (DELETED) [None] Geddith the Evil Knight
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Nov 17 12:56:59 2005

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Geddith perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:anti-paladin
Level:40
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:86
43037, One day a felar anti-paladin will be worth playing but not yet, not yet.
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Gutted at a few events that on their own would not have been a problem but in a chain just killed the will to continue. It was not for a lack of con as it was 21 when I deleted and most of the deaths were from mobs but this brings me to the tale of woe that is Geddith (pronounced Gedthit). Failure to get a break into scion after numerous retrievals for them along side the various scions I met. Hoped to get to hero but everytime, I think it was 4 or maybe 5 times, I was within one or two kills from getting to rank 41 I would get a mob death and climbing back out while everyone thinks your level sitting was just really getting to me.
Anyway, back to the chain, the not getting any cabal joy was one factor. The inability to get a decent group to rank with was another although, just at the end, the bard and shaman I met seemed like they would have been that group. Logged in to find wands and felar eq missing and was shocked as I was only not on for 4 days, maybe 5 and thought the hoard code had been a little harsh, especially that the last day I logged on I killed the felar chief another twice and had 4 bandits robes, so sac'd two when I saw no other felar about.
Then I barely escape Tac when he jumped me when ranking, bash is the biggest bane an AP faces, which is why the fire giants do so well I guess.....maybe aura of despair could have a demon or two throw itself in the way of the bash, just now and then but I am digressing again. I flee and teleport and because of aura of despair I get attacked by a few giant forest guardians when I was only on 20hps when I fled. Probably the worst luck but I figure I will hurry back and grab my stuff and atleast with my equipment I can work the 23k back off for a 6th time but no....I got there and some little druid decided he would take all the stuff he could, including the felar only stuff because he was an Innis follower and I am an anti-paladin and so the chain is complete, the excitement I once had about heroing him and killing some fortress people and furthering the chasm had gone. Like the aura of despair attacking my resolve I despaired and deleted with my unholy weapon, a few charges and a bag full of preps.
Woe is the guy who tries the felar ap without ganging all the time or having healer backup. Maybe sometime I will go for a more cookie cutter ap because I do like the idea of them. They just are not offensive enough or defensive enough, so I hope the new big changes are ap related. Excision needs to be less laggy or even only one round and just not applicable to offensive wands, only protectives.

-----Abernyte
43038, RE: One day a felar anti-paladin will be worth playing ...
Posted by Felar Revenant on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Stop caballing, or stop to actively attempt to cabal, your anti-paladin characters Abernyte.

If you will, contact me at arvidii@hotmail.com as well.

43039, Good to see you're still kicking about...
Posted by Yhorian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And I know how it feels to have a hard time ranking up. Its been insanely tough for me to do so as well. Might just be european times vs american times - but I also seem to have aweful like finding long-term allies amongst the usually anti-social 'low-level solo rankers'. Its an old trend but I swear its become more common.

Only thing I can suggest is mess about with a warrior - at least you can rank up solo if needed. I can't imagine ranking a felar ap solo past 34 :s The exp penalty would kill me with boredom. Better luck next time.

Yhorian.
43041, Regarding Cookie cutter ap's
Posted by Parvez on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I for the longest time have wanted to play something with serious rp and ap goodness. That being said, as Ap's stand now there isnt much loving going on and playing anything but a fire ap seems to just be begging for a lot of what you got with Geddith. I fear ap's no longer fit into CF's pk dynamic, solo hunters are pretty much gone and for an ap to be truly succesful he cant afford to be a part of a huge group at all times anyway. So you are left trying to be the solo hunter against the hoards and that never works out well. Top that off with the fact that most of the new skills and spells given to aps are just plain worthless. Aura of despair great in theory but practicality of it..but thats the case with all the ap skills and spells, all of it sounds cool and very fiendish in the helpfile. But when it gets right down to the game play of it, they just straight up blow. A lot of immortals would disagree with me I suppose, but my opinions dot really matter.

Parv
43058, I don't like aura of despair
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But I really find the other ap skills pretty nice.
43099, RE: anti-paladin will be worth playing
Posted by Qaledus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>...maybe aura of despair could have a demon or two throw itself
>in the way of the bash, just now and then but I am digressing
>again.

To be honest I'm not sure how that spell works, but there is
something in the intersection of bash and aura of despair that
gave me an idea. Thanks.

Sorry that this AP didn't work out for you. They're really a
hard class to get to the top of their game (and then stay
there). Like you, I love the idea of them, but it is very
difficult to fulfill the intentions I have when I roll one