Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Lathillian the Defender of the Faithful
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=42935
42935, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Lathillian the Defender of the Faithful
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Nov 11 20:13:12 2005

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Lathillian perished, never to return.
Race:half-elf
Class:paladin
Level:37
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:91
42951, Sorry about that...
Posted by An Imperial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I felt bad IRL about ganging you with the necro-zombie army, but I didn't really have a chance to fight you fairly. It seems that the fortress usually outnumbers the badguys by 3:1 or more lately, and they have a surplus of bored healers. Any fighting involving a fortressite that doesn't involve perma-lagging is almost certainly going to result in a healer gating in or hoard of allies appearing to save you.

Nothing against you personally though, since from what I saw, you were a solid player and an asset to Team-Good.
42955, No problem.
Posted by Sorthian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You'll have to believe me when I say i faced worse odds and died if its the incident I'm thinking of. Its something you get used to as a shield paladin. You get ganked and face attempted assassinations a lot. All part of the role.

It was a raid, I wouldn't expect anyone to attempt solo. I know that you and the necromancer were just rping so don't lose sleep over it. Good luck with your future endevours.
42946, I had a lot of fun with this character.
Thanks to all the forties.

Alriac: Stick in there Captain, you're one of those people who can turn the tides of battle. I enjoyed supporting you.

Kelayna: You seemed to get beat on quite a lot but you have heart, keep at things and you'll become more formidable.

Xilla: Thanks for the induction, I really appreciated it. It was always fun running with you. I'm gutted I couldn't find the time to hero up and help you more.

Breallye: Good luck. You were my sister in faith and we came from the same generation of goodies. You just shot to hero and I was like.. huh? She was only level 39 yesterday.. she's heroed today.

Nashakk: Thanks for the brief travelling. You are pretty skilled and it shows. Stick in there and kick some ass.

Salvator: I appreciate the recommendation and the pre-induction talk.

To all the other forties I interacted with, cheers for the memories. I'm sorry I couldn't stick it out longer but i'm going to end up dropping out if I don't sort things out.

Zefiris: I enjoyed my last few days travelling with you. Things always seemed to go in our favor when you were around.

To the evils: I understand you were generally the underdogs but some of you managed to whoop on me a fair bit. Some of you had good rp and it was fun interacting with you. So props to those. Also, thanks to any evils who fought me solo as that takes some courage. I tried to fight you all solo when I could.

Assassins and necromancers tended to be the bane of my life (Ezmaer, Khobedi, Drolgazar, Felthuzaad to name a few memorable ones.) as did ganks. I tried to remain paladinly at all times so if I broke role at any point it was probably because i'd just lost two con. I don't think I did at any point though, I may have come close at one point (Damn you Reyhndar.)

Corrlaan: I'm sorry I lost it towards the end. I was planning on heroing, con dying, and putting in some more interesting role stuff and changing my description with age. I just couldn't find the time. So thank you for the interactions, it has been probably the most enjoyable character I played this year and much of that was thanks to your efforts. It was also my first fully empowered paladin, i'll be purchasing the PBF soon but until that point, did you have any tips? What was your opinion on him?
42948, Oh and Blig..
Thanks for all the chuckles on Fort Cb.
42952, RE: Oh and Blig..
Posted by Bliggy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hah!

Fun times.

I completely understand what you mean. I swear, with Niaz and Nivult and all the other young Imperials, the younger Forties (because the Imms cut recruiting for the squires) were generally outnumbered and outgunned. The PK range for 30-40 was pretty freaking absurd.

Ah, hell, you had a pretty good run there. Fort's been runnin outta hero pallies lately, was looking forward to having another one to interact with (that was a bit more active).

Good luck with your next, and remember that every time you said Bliggy, he cringed and ground his teeth.
42950, Sad to hear.
Posted by Feichin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked you pretty much from the day I met you.
Too bad, I hope when Blig and I slept that day
wasn't part of the cause. I had been being hassled
to get off line to go shopping for about ten minutes
before that, I'm sure he had some similar thing going on
as he had been popping in and out for a while before.
When you find the time again I'd love to see what you
come up with next. :)

42956, Nah.
I deleted because of time restraints and nothing else. It was hard to do, believe me. Good luck with the character man, keep at it.
42982, RE: I had a lot of fun with this character.
Posted by Felthuzaad on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You did well. Personally, paladins are uber tough against anyone except a necromancer. So I was more than willing to fight you solo (in fact I fight all my fights solo - I just suck when I try to gank people), and you seemed willing to reciprocate. You stood out because you took the time to actually interact with me, so you were more than just another paladin to me.

Now join me in the ranks of the underdogs!
42994, RE: I had a lot of fun with this character.
I normally do play underdogs.. I don't think I have ever really powergamed. I saw Corrlaan's religion after a break and thought.. 'Hey thats cool.. I want to make a paladin and really rp my ass off.' So I did. It just happened that everyone was good at that point which was cool for a while but got boring quickly.

Then I went through a stage of extreme underdog-ness before I joined the fort. Before I got sanc and a virtue and before I got shield mastery (got it late.. like, 26 - 27 .) I ate a lot of deaths at that point.

Unfortunately I don't have time for a full fledged character at the moment. But if i get a chance i'll be back rested and well soon.

Anyway, thanks for the interactions and good luck.
43019, RE: I had a lot of fun with this character.
Posted by Breallye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really hate to see this, I know I been busy IC to talk with you but I was wanting to have a very deep conversation about religion and the fortress. I heroed fast, but do you know how many people ask you to group as a high level healer? :) Take care, be well, been playing for almost ten years with various breaks, so I know you will be back. :) Can we have a rally for team evil? :P
43023, RE: I had a lot of fun with this character.
Yeah. I know whats its like. Transmuters and healers can rocket to hero if they want.

I'm going to be checking in regularly but won't have a character until after christmas. Possibly not before the summer (thats the plan anyway.)

If you're interested (same goes for anyone else, since i'm not going to be playing for a while,) If you want to get in touch, email me at celynsummers@hotmail.com
43040, Well played
Posted by Corrlaan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

There isn't much I would say that lacked with this character. You had a great story and you stuck by it. I was watching you closely but trying not to interfere too much. Of course I know everyone wants immteraction but as a new religion I didn't want to bombard my followers with dogma since my numbers are still relatively small. It's kind of like when you wait tables and you only have one table left. You tend to check on them waaaay too often. Waiters you know what Im talking about.

Other than that I can't even remember what I put in your PBF but I'm sure it was profound and you should definitely buy it!

Other than that great character and I was hoping for more....but I know how the ranking cycle goes as well as anyone.

Good luck on your next.

43042, Thanks big C.
I was hoping for you to get some more out of the character too. That was the plan anyway.

I get what you mean by the waiting tables thing since i work as a waiter/bar-tender part time. (A reason I couldn't find some more time.)

Anyway. I have a killer role to try when my time picks up. I'll see if I can work you into it somehow for kicks.

All in all I really like your religion. It fills a void that has been lacking in CF for a while and its a religion that fits my ideal view of a paladin - the religion inspired me to roll.

Cheers for the immteractions in all shapes and forms. All were appreciated and, I don't know if you got it but I dropped a questy item for completion of your quest as a goodbye present. Sort of a farewell.

Take care man, interact again soon hopefully:)