Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Meagara the Dragon Priestess, Marshall of the Fortress
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=42660
42660, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Meagara the Dragon Priestess, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Nov 2 21:32:34 2005

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Meagara perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:282
42847, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Meagara the Dragon Priestess, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Aarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Meagara, but our playing times didn't seem to mesh very well. I was truly impressed with how well you pulled off the dual-personality thing. My knee-jerk response to your prays was to groan, but a after reading your role and a few minutes of watching, I was totally on board. Sorry retelling the story was tedious! I should get it down in writing somewhere... Anyway, good luck with the next!

Aarn
42855, Heh, that's the thing I heard most often...
Posted by Meagara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
People always told me that they HAD read the story. I think it's in the Lyceum. Then they'd tell me a version that was close to what you told me, but didn't include some of the major points.

It got less tedious when we stopped accepting applicants, so I didn't have to tell it to everyone who applied.

Yeah I wish our playing times had been a little closer, too, because every time you were around, a little more fun came into the Fortress (Shok and Corrlaan too). You guys do a very good job as Imms, IMO. You all have your certain place in guiding the Fortress, but none of you shirks any duty and says "you have to ask the other imm".

This is my first hero char after being away for at least 3 years, so I knew Shokai, but you and Corrlaan are fairly new to me (at least as Aarn and Corrlaan), and I thoroughly enjoyed our interactions. In fact, I enjoyed my interactions with almost all of the Imms I dealt with.

Thanks again!
42709, Totally Random
Posted by Evil Genius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But i just read your Role entries on the premium battlefield. I rather enjoyed it. Sounds similar to roles that i'd like to play but would fail miserably at inception so good to see how it should be done.
42716, Thanks!
I wasn't sure I could pull it off, and when getting empowered took a while I started to lose hope (like "aww man, I've got a good role here...") but then one day there was Shok-man, and it was all good.

Totally worth the wait, and worth trying the role. I've decided to only play one char at a time, because it worked so well with Meagara. Each night I'd log in at (roughly) the same time. Some nights I had nobody but enemies in my pk and I spent the whole evening running. Some nights I had nobody but allies and I spent the whole night with non-combat stuff. I was never bored while I was on. I could always find something to do.
42701, Deletion RP Log with Hrugald
For any who want to read it...

You smile happily.

Hrugald says 'All is as should be.'

You nod.
You say 'that is go-'
Meagara blinks suddenly.
You say 'THE TIME HAS COME.'

Hrugald says 'Yeh allright?'
Hrugald says 'Fark what?'
Hrugald says 'Shyte.'
Hrugald says 'Draggin gunner eat meh.'

You say 'I HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED.'

Hrugald says 'Knew it.'

Meagara chuckles deeply, inhumanly.

'You say 'NO, DWARFLING, BUT I MAY EAT BESIDE YOU'

Hrugald says 'Oh farkin' 'ells.'
Hrugald says 'Huh.'
Hrugald says 'Har!'
Hrugald says 'Dats a relief.'

You say 'I AM TO BE ALLOWED WITHIN THE AZURE FIELDS'
You say 'I FEEL IT WITHIN ME, THE SKYBORN HAS ACCEPTED ME.'

Hrugald boggles at the concept.

Meagara blinks again.
You feel the strength of the dragon leave you.

Hrugald says 'Fer shyte.'

You say 'but I do not know if I can go on without you...'

Meagara blinks again.

Hrugald pauses, a thoughtful look on his face.

Hrugald says 'Huh.'

You say 'YOU CAN AND WILL GO ON, MEAGARA. YOUR STRENGTH DOES NOT FLOW FROM ME.'

Meagara blinks again.

Hrugald mutters something quietly to himself.

You gasp in astonishment.

Hrugald says 'That thing scares de piss outta meh.'

Meagara glows with a white light.
Meagara glows brighter and brighter.

Hrugald backs away a bit, looking on warily.

Meagara continues to increase in brightness until you are forced to shield your eyes from a bright flash!
You yell 'AAAAAAUUUOWAGH!'

You pant exhaustedly.

Hrugald says 'Farksake!'

You say 'he's..'
You say 'he's gone...'

Hrugald says 'Yeh allright?'

You say 'I...'

Hrugald says 'Draggin' were rippin' yeh up.'

Meagara collapses in a heap.
Meagara pulls herself up wearily.

Hrugald says 'Yeh a-farkin-right? Eh?!'

You say 'I...I am so weak.'

Hrugald snorts.
Hrugald says 'nah.'

Meagara tries to heft her axe.
You stop using a gleaming axe set with two claw-like blades named 'Dragon's Maw'.
You drop a gleaming axe set with two claw-like blades named 'Dragon's Maw'.

Hrugald looks at you.
Hrugald snorts.

Meagara sits down heavily.

Hrugald says 'De shadows gather, an' new evils stalk de lands Meagara.'
Hrugald says 'Yer faith still strong.'

Meagara gasps for air.

Hrugald says 'De Pheonix flows through yeh.'
Hrugald says 'Focus on dat.'

You say 'I relied on him...too much.'

Meagara wheezes.

Hrugald says 'Let de Bearded lend yeh strength.'

Hrugald closes his eyes for a moment and nods at you.
The blessings of divinity surge within you, granting you new prowess!

Meagara surges upright for a moment.

Hrugald says 'Praises be ter de Bearded!'
Hrugald says 'NOW GIT ON YER FEET YOU FARKIN' HUMAN.'
Hrugald point one stubby finger at you.
Hrugald says 'AND QUITCHER BELLY ACHIN'.'
Hrugald snorts.

Meagara collapses again.

Hrugald tugs at his beard, obviously consternated.
Hrugald says 'Get. Up.'
Hrugald reaches one thick hand down to you.

You say 'my time is done, I fear, my friend.'

Hrugald snorts.

You say 'help me to stand on my feet for one last time.'

Hrugald nods.
Hrugald reaches lower, grasping your hand.

Meagara takes your hand and stands up.

Hrugald nods.

Meagara leans heavily on you.

Hrugald puts your arm around his thick shoulders.

You say 'I do not think'
Meagara chortles weakly.
You say 'I do not think he realized how much strength he gave me.'

Hrugald gives you a metal canteen insulated in a wolf's pelt.
Hrugald says 'Drink some farkin' water.'
Hrugald says 'An' take a farkin' rest.'

You drink water from a metal canteen insulated in a wolf's pelt.
You do not feel thirsty.
You give a metal canteen insulated in a wolf's pelt to Hrugald.

You stop using a necklace of prayer beads.
You give a necklace of prayer beads to Hrugald.
You stop using a necklace of prayer beads.
You give a necklace of prayer beads to Hrugald.

Hrugald drops a necklace of prayer beads.

You say 'you must...use these'

Hrugald says 'Farkin' stoppit.'
Hrugald says 'An' getcher self tergether.'

You say 'help the Light, continue my fight.'

Hrugald says 'Fer farksake.'

Meagara sobs and falls again.
You say 'I'm sorry...'

Hrugald yells 'STAND FARK YOU!'
Hrugald closes his eyes for a moment and nods at you.
The blessings of divinity surge within you, granting you new prowess!

Meagara gasps and surges upright again, collapsing on your chest.

Hrugald throws his arms under yours, tugging you as high as he can.
Hrugald says 'Fark draggins.'
Hrugald says 'Dinnae need 'em.'
Hrugald says 'Too many farkin' scales.'
Hrugald says 'Faith. Dedication.'
Hrugald says 'Farkin' Rage.'
Hrugald gets a tankard of dwarven ale from a girdle of many pouches.

Meagara looks up weakly.

Hrugald gives you a tankard of dwarven ale.
Hrugald says 'Dat'll help somes.'

You say 'ale?'

Hrugald nods sagely.
Hrugald says 'Fer de blood.'

You drink ale from a tankard of dwarven ale.
You feel tipsy.
You do not feel thirsty.
*HIC*

Hrugald says 'Aye.'
Hrugald smiles happily.
Hrugald says 'See?'

Meagara feebly tries to handle the ale.
You drop a tankard of dwarven ale.

Hrugald says 'Feelin' better allready!'
Hrugald sighs.

Hrugald sits down heavily, one hand on your forehead.
Hrugald says 'Yer burnin' de fark up.'

You say 'help me remove these clothes.'

You stop using a woven leather bracer.
You stop using the helm of freedom.

Hrugald says 'Nother Rage'll kill yeh.'

Hrugald says 'Farkin' shyte....'
Hrugald says 'We needs yer here.'
Hrugald says 'Badly.'
Hrugald says 'Farksake.'

You sniff at the air.
You say 'I'm sorry friend.'

Hrugald says 'You really goin'?'

Hrugald holds up one finger.
Hrugald kneels next to you.
Hrugald begins to utter the dwarven prayers of Death and Salvation.
Hrugald throws his head back, shouting his praise to the light.
Hrugald stops using a shield from the hide of a snow worm.
Hrugald stretches out his hand towards the heavens.
Hrugald utters a word of divine power!
You feel more powerful.
Hrugald stretches out his hand and places it upon your head.
You are filled with holy wrath!
Hrugald stretches out his hand and places it upon your head.
Hrugald gets a wild look in his eyes!
Hrugald humbly kneels.
Hrugald says 'May Aarn light yer way ter de Azure fields, meh old friend.'
Hrugald sighs.
Hrugald shakes his head.

Meagara smiles weakly at you.
You whisper 'you don't need me anymore.'

You whisper 'tell them...tell them to read the missive.'

Hrugald tugs at his beard, his eyes misting over.
Hrugald says 'I wills...'
Hrugald whispers 'I wills.'
Hrugald whispers 'Drink a' mug fer me up dere.'
Hrugald whispers 'An' sez hi ter meh Pa.'
Hrugald wipes one lone, wet tear from his cheek.

pray *weakly* Lord Shokai, I beg one last thing of you...may I be granted entrance to the Azure Fields.
You pray to the heavens for help!

Meagara reaches up weakly to your cheek.
You whisper 'don't be sad, old friend.'

Hrugald smiles sadly.
Hrugald says 'Fark dem demons up at Aarns side, eh?'
Hrugald whispers 'Fark'em good.'

You whisper 'tell them...'
You whisper 'I love you all...I just wi-'

<637(96%) 882(97%) 98% civilized 1 AM> delete
Type delete again to confirm this command.
WARNING: this command is irreversible.
Typing delete with an argument will undo delete status.
If you confirm the delete, this name will be unusable.
You will need to talk to an implementor to use it again.

Time to throw away 282 hours, 51 levels and 444000 experience.

Death tells you 'I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. I TURN UP ONLY ONCE.'

<624(94%) 869(95%) 96% civilized 2 AM> delete
You will be able to reactivate by logging this character in again within the next three days.
the Watcher: Rest well, Meagara. The Light remains strong.
Awaiting the hour of reprisal, your time slips away...
42664, What a ride...goodbyes etc.
Ok Meagara may have been the most fun character I've ever played on CF, and that's saying quite a lot. My first ever mortal was definitely more addictive, but for sheer fun-per-hour, Meagara is up there...tough call between them. Anyways, that tells you how much fun I had with her.

So, why delete? Well, for a few reasons, but mainly because it began be less fun. Not due to anything going on while I played - having few enemies etc. just lead to being able to do other things that I found fun, such as helping lower levels get exp, explore new areas, get preps, RP with other chars, etc. No, the reason I stopped having fun was actually my own fault. I started to lose the RP. Low level scionbies and such would start to RP with me and I would blow them off, not because I was too busy, but because I was tired of the old cliches (from me as much as them - "Turn from you dark path." "Amusing. Tell me why I would do this?" etc.) I think this is maybe what AnonDude is talking about below. I definitely didn't intend to be roleplaying AT people (though the Dragon stuff sorta had to be), and I got involved in the roleplay choices of some others (an "orphan fund" by Seiichi comes to mind), but toward the end my desire to interact with lower-level scionbies was non-existant, and that wasn't fair to them. It started to feel like I was an actor in a broadway show, where I had to say the same lines night after night after night. Once I started to think this way, I knew it was time to plan deletion.

Then the baby came home from the hospital NICU, and I pretty much knew that I wasn't going to have the time to devote to the char, so it was time to delete.

Immortals
Shokai
Thanks for one hell of a ride. I did have to wait for you for "quite a while" for empowerment, but it was worth the wait. The only thing I really had left to gun for, within your religion, was Avatar, but I felt like I took up enough of your time with the whole Golden Dragon storyline as it was, so I decided not to drop any hints. I had plenty of RP-rewards anyways. I hope you don't mind that I RP-ed at the end that you DID allow the Golden Dragon into the Azure Fields...
I tried praying for you a bunch of times to tie up that plotline and couldn't get ahold of you. I have a question, if you don't mind me asking...did you/do you know who I am/was?

Drokalanatym
Thanks for the snippets of RP. Sorry if you got bummed that I slowly trickled off of praying to you (as the Dragon), but it fit the role and the path that Meagara was on. You are/were too much of a "toss of the dice" about good/evil.

Aarn
Thanks for Maranating me, and Marshall-ing me. UNthanks for making me tell the Tara'bal story to every member of the Fortress. Bleh. :P

Corrlaan
Seems like you're doing a great job so far, hopefully you can get more scribish folks. Thanks for the peptalks as Tara'bal and later as Corrlaan.

Dalteric
Thanks for the role contest, it made me feel really cool to win it. Sorry you never wanted to go any deeper into my whole quest to make the law not protect evil...the player knew it wouldn't ever happen, but Meagara of course thought it could.

Innis
I didn't interact with you that much but the little we did was fun.

Arvam/Other Immortals
Thanks for the kind comments on my PBF...I hope my ALL CAPS PRAYERS FROM THE DRAGON weren't too annoying...I tried to do them infrequently. Hopefully someone will grab my snipped comments? Please? Pretty please? :P

Fortress:
I know I'm going to forget some of you, if so, sorry, post something and I'll reply.

Xilla - I think you're a great choice for leadership in the Fortress. You're an Acolyte but you don't really take no ####, and that was pretty cool.

Breallye - Another great Scribe-sider. Your dedication to peace was clear, even though we didn't talk a lot.

Salvator - You levelled really fast, it seemed, and once you got to hero you were like a stone wall...tough to knock down and really solid. I enjoyed being with you whenever we grouped up.

Lothari - I began to think of you as "the thinking man's Faltarn"...you whipped out the damage but didn't have the accent :P

Kerbaugh - I hope you hero soon, seems like you've been stuck at 45 forever.

Brinrok - I started seeing less and less of you, maybe because of the level 40 thing?

Rickon - Your roleplay totally reminds me of Sturm from the Dragonlance series. I hope that's what you're going for, the somewhat stuffy Knight who stays tied to his code, even when it's a hindrance.

Loiteous - You were fun to have around, but where'd you go?

Hrugald - Ah, Hrugald. I remember inducting you. Now you're a constant solid presence in the Fort, and one reason I don't feel too bad about deleting...I know you'll keep things steady. Thanks for
helping me RP the deletion, your RP during it was actually quite touching.

Tarylaen - Having you at my side, duoed, made me feel pretty much invincible. Whether I was or not is another thing, but you were very skilled.

Ulothrye - Keep on truckin' man...you are another reason I don't feel bad about deleting. I know you are all about Courage, but try not to wade into death situations TOO much.

Feichin - To think you almost deleted. I bet you're glad you didn't, now.
Faltarn - Definitely way more deathful than Meagara, you maybe should have been Marshall instead of me. Maybe you didn't want it, since its more administration and less kicking ass.
Seltun - I saw you SOO rarely...but when I did, it was always enjoyable to be around you.
Amedast - Rage delete?
Kalus - Keep plugging away, my friend, keep plugging away.
Arbellyn - I think you might be the only elf dagger fortress warrior left. Good luck.
Krazen - Sorry I didn't help you get Hero, I was busy deleting.

Others:
Arminas - I have liked you as two chars now. You seem very solid in RP and PK both. Thanks for everything.
Amhasae - Thanks for everything too, ESPECIALLY killing Kaazra with me.

Jaraffazar - You kick ass, and it was fun whenever we got together. Plus, I hear you are a great dancer and that you dress really well.
Kaazra - Knowing now that you played Maztriel makes me even more proud to have killed you twice...even if both times were pretty cheap. I knew you were skilled, but knowing you played Mazzie takes it up a notch.
Falun - You seem like a really skilled PKer, and I'm sure your RP is very good (I didn't get to see a lot of it from Meagara's POV). However, the part of me that thinks you are an arrogant cock hopes that you are only that was as Falun, and IRL you're a good guy.

Gondrak - We didn't interact much, our playing times are just a little bit off, but you seem to be a good strong influence for Scion.
Trulinta - You started out talking smack w/o backing it up, but then you wised up and just kept your mouth shut and kicked ass. I don't know if the title you had for a short time had anything to do with that. In any case, once you weren't talking smack my respect for you grew a lot, and I wish you well.
Zilopza - Jesus Christ you must be able to play for 12 hours straight. Retrieving with you around was a complete bitch. If there was one char that might have been considered Meagara's "arch nemesis" it probably would have been you, just by the sheer number of times we fought. I really think you'll do well as an Imm.
Good luck.

Mizzarah - Um yeah good luck with that whole anti-Gods thing...you were a pain in the ass.
Sarmas - You were a pain in the ass too. I really am sorry about the time when I quit, I honestly didn't do it because you were stalking me...it was the night before my wife and I went in to get induced to have our baby, and she was going to bed...I didn't know if she was going to be cool with me staying up (she usually is) or if she was going to be emotional...she said she was going to bed so I quit. Then she was like "ok see you when you come to bed" so I logged back on. I don't quit to screw game mechanics like that. I had a girdle full of teleport pills, plus about 3 other things I could do to avoid getting assassinated. Quitting wasn't one of them.

Kruuank - uncaballed evil as a relative newbie - brave choice. Good luck.
Ahtathurn - screw you. :P
42667, RE: What a ride...goodbyes etc.
Posted by Alriac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I guess one dwarf is as good as the rest, anyhow, keep bein cool I enjoyed our interactions. Hah! good luck!
42673, Damn I KNEW I was forgetting someone...
And I'm sure I missed others...I started making a list of people who I interacted with on a semi-regular basis in a .txt file, and you and I were together a couple of times AFTER I started it.

Sorry.

You were really fun to have around...we seemed to have just the right amount of "running together" and "running separate" to make us useful to each other but not a permagroup gangbang type of deal. Plus you hit like a truck.

Keep up the good work!
42668, Damn you.
Posted by Ulothrye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seeing this makes me realize that I play CF way too much. You inducted Ulothrye and my last character (whistles innocently), and yet I still manage to have more hours than you with Ulothrye. lol.
Anyway, great character as everyone will tell you, you definitely played the role of a motherly marshall to a tea. TOo bad I couldn't see more of the dragon side of Meagara. I try to hunt alone as much as I can considering the maran philosophy so we didn't fight all that much together, but you certainly could hold your own.

I wish you the best with your new baby. Don't play CF when you should be playing with him :) I miss enough of my social life because of this damn game.
42685, You do play way too much...
I sometimes wish I had that kind of time. I did in college. I'd log on at 2:00 am and play until the sun rose. Then I'd sleep and skip class, and then go to work, and repeat the whole process.

What a good education.

Seriously though, I think you're doing a great job, and I know a lot of the Fort-folks look up to you.
42669, Breaks my heart...
Posted by Feichin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hehe. Well I hope the question you asked when you inducted me
was answered to your satisfaction? I went wild for a bit there,
and then last night I needed someone like you to keep me focused
I made mistake after mistake. Hahaha. Only died to it twice though.
Damn I'm going to miss your presence. There was just something
about the way you played things out. You didn't have to say much,
but it gave a real solid feeling if that makes any sense.

Well good luck with the kid there, and when you get back around
to CF best of luck with your next.

I'll have a drink in your honor.
:)

-Fei
42670, RE: What a ride...goodbyes etc.
Posted by Sarmas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I believe you...now. Back then i thought you were going to be just as lame as a lot of others who find out they are being stalked. Especially the fort. Ive had things like that done to me so much over the past 9 months that it has become extremely frustrating and disgusting. That time with you, after spending like 30 minutes avoiding your fog and Ulothrye's senses, having you quit really really annoyed me.

THe thing about teleporting and what ive observed is that people can teleport but that may or may not help you. It has a good chance to do so but you dont know where you are going to land and how many hours before you cross my path again. So its a gamble, odds in your favor, heavily...i still try though :)
42674, Frustration
I'm sure it was hugely frustrating, and I totally see how it looked. I didn't feel bad at all about quitting. I felt bad about logging back on so fast. I actually considered just hanging it up for that night and playing some PS2 or something, but then I'm like "#### that, he might not even be stalking you, and you have all these ways of avoiding him."

Anyways, I didn't interact with you much other than refusing your offers of eq that I DID want because you are evil and I knew it, but I can tell you are a skilled assassinator.

Good luck in the future.
42697, Probably a good thing...
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Considering that guy liked to abuse emotes and 'give' you equipment he didn't actually have.
42699, Were you offended?
If so im really sorry i hurt your feelings and abused the emotes...
42707, Didn't bother me.. . .
I fell for that once the first year I started playing, the rest of the time it just made me want to kill whoever was doing it to people, but you wouldn't rank up. =\
42711, Feel free to report that.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We'll happily take care of cheap stuff like that.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
42737, I prayed..
The Immortal said there was nothing wrong with doing things like that, and that it wasn't against the rules;trust me, I discussed it with him. I was hoping to get that guys socials blocked or something, but nope. Legal!
42749, I had no idea that was illegal
where does it say that? Ive had it done to me with money....
42750, It's a roleplaying game.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
How exactly do you hand someone a pair of pants (or whatever), but not really give it to them? Wouldn't they notice?

I mean, if you were a thief, you could actually give them the item, then Steal it back. You might fail, but at least you're using a skill designed for that purpose and establishing a logical chain of events.

Anything else is a cheap OOC action. No two ways about it IMHO.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
42753, a question about using fake stuff to gain an advantage
Posted by wondering on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread for an only tangentially related question...

I had the following happen to me earlier: I was greatly confused that the warrior was not fighting at all when I immediately came in following the yell (I had been waiting for it, I was a room away and charged right in). Hence my wondering if this might have been a cheap trick planned to do exactly this.

100%hp 100%m 99%mv wilderness 4868
the Huntress: Intruder! Intruder! Warrior is raiding the Cabal!

100%hp 100%m 99%mv wilderness 4868 creep s
You begin creeping in that direction.
A Spiraling Ramp of Thorns

Warrior is here.
Other Warrior is here, fighting the Huntress.
A cunning female centaur with a mighty longbow stands guard here.
The Huntress says 'Blessings of the Ancients upon you, Outlander.'

100%hp 100%m 99%mv wilderness 4868 ambush warrior cripple
You step out from your cover.
Your surprise attack MASSACRES Warrior!
You cripple Warrior with a precise strike!
Warrior yells 'Help! I've been ambushed by Harlow!'
Warrior has a few scratches.

100%hp 100%m 99%mv wilderness 4868
Your cleave maims Warrior!
Warrior parries your cleave.
You dodge Warrior’s sting.
You parry Warrior's black light.
Warrior's black light MANGLES you!
You parry Warrior's black light.
You parry Warrior's sting.
Other Warrior's slash MASSACRES the Huntress!
42780, RE: a question about using fake stuff to gain an advantage
Posted by Straklaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Personally, there's almost no way I can see that someone could use a "cheap trick" to get a mob like that (non-orderable) to make a fake yell. My first thought, is with two warriors there, that they may have actually just been crafty, have one attack, then the other immediately rescue. It's little tricks that make tactics like that fun.
42754, gotcha nt
nt
42873, The Rule it would violate I think is...
Posted by SPN on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

* Do not exploit Out-of-Character (OOC) mechanisms to create an advantage in the game. This includes cutting link or quitting to avoid consequences.

Like it says, this normally applies to cutting link, but it does cover other things like abusing emotes. There are many things emotes can be used to do such as giving items and faking movements.

I know Valg already explained the concepts behind it, but here is the meat and potatos of why I think..
42671, The trumpets sound to the passing of a fair lady
Posted by Seiichi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good character and well enjoyed.

Best of luck to you, and hope to see you around more.
42672, Goodbye
Posted by Endalion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I knew at the time of my interview that you were a once a month sighting, and I was probably up for a months waiting after you gave me that task of killing two darkhearts to become a squire. That month has about passed, so I was hopeful of finding you now for induction. Well, I'll remain hopeful that they appoint some of the Fortressites that share my hours as leaders. Good luck with your next when you choose to roll him!

PS. Can mortal Fort leaders induct Heroes(I didn't feel like levelsitting, so...)?
42675, Heroes
Yep, Fort leaders can induct anyone over level 10. Forsk and I set a low-end cap of 25 and put in other restrictions to inductions because we were getting flooded with applicants (back me up Forsk). We STILL ended up having a ton of qualified applicants, so we started making people interview with both Forsk and me to slow the onslaught. Even that was only marginally successful.

Good luck getting in!
42676, Great Char..will be missed
Posted by Corrlaan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Before I was public and couldn't really vis I loved finding you in a group of lowbies helping out and RP'ing. I read a post a couple days ago about the elites of this game not concentrating so much on knowing all the uber elite pieces of gear like the back of their hand but instead setting really difficult RP goals for themselves and then achieving them. Thats the way I play now, and I saw that a lot in you. It is refreshing to see that as opposed to a mass logon after a crash and a mad race to get all the phat loot. That just irritates me mostly.

Other than that I loved your char, and wished there could have been more to do with your enemies dwindling, but after all it is up to kind of find those things to do, or at least a direction. Most of us imm's love to nudge you in a direction your already going but of course large scale storylines take a long time to plan and aren't really the kind of thing we can just whip up because Fort doesn't have as many enemies right now. Oh well.

As far as the baby goes Im glad to hear you got him/her home. BTW, I heroed and immed a char while raising a baby so here's what I did.

~9-10 pm..Mama fed baby. Baby goes to sleep. Mama goes to sleep. Daddy Logs on.
~10pm-12 or 1 am. Play game. Baby wakes up. Daddy brings baby to Mommy. Mommy feeds baby. Baby goes to sleep. Mama goes to sleep. Daddy goes to sleep.

That is if I had to work the next day. If not I'd put in another hour or so after that midnight feed.

Also...if you have a Boppy pillow. Wrap the boppy around your waist..lay the baby down right on it. And you can stretch your arms out around the baby and still get both hands on the keyboard. Try it...it works. ;)

I know how you feel though. I have number two on the way and Im sure my times will at the very least become a little more 'regular' when she comes.

Good luck on your next...and fwiw the good/evil pendulum is definitely stabilizing now so rank up another Fortie and go Scribe this time. Hah!

Corrlaan

42679, RE: Great Char..will be missed
Thanks for the kind words. I've got a somewhat similar system for baby in mind, we'll see if it works once she's settled down into some semblance of a pattern. If that ever happens.
42680, RE: What a ride...goodbyes etc.
Posted by Breallye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
True, we didn't get to interact that much, but I admired you from a distance. Known you with a few charactors, and all around I thought you did very well. Have fun, and congrats on the baby.
42686, RE: What a ride...goodbyes etc.
Posted by Salvator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Learning of your roleplay I realize just what a small portion of the iceberg I'd had the privelege to witness. Your Tar'Abal story was far from terrible to listen to, although in that scenario other business kept us from exploring it to its fullest extent.

You were solid as a groupmate and willing to lead when the situation called for it. Your presence in the Fortress will definitely be missed.

Good luck in your personal and online lives.
42687, RE: What a ride...goodbyes etc.
Posted by shokai on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Helluva ride indeed. I'm always leary of characther roles that use a 'possession' type thing in the storyline...it's just too often poorly done and used and an excuse. Meagara, I'm happy to say, was not one of those. Characters like you, Alyre, Balrahd, Pohanad, Garenth, etc etc etc (I'm leaving a lot of you guys out here, because if I listed all of you...I'd probably accidently forget someone and more than that...there's not *that* much space here :P) are always a blessing to us on the imm staff. It sorta revitalizes the imm character and gets us back into the game. For that, thank you (and all of you I mentioned above and thos eI lift out..both active and gone).

As to knowing who you are/were...I recognize the 'feel' of the character, but for the life of me...I can't put my finger on who you are. I did roll around some ideas in my head...but as a general rule...I prefer not to know while a character is active who plays it. Makes it easier to focus only on the character. I did find myself wondering if you were one of the old knights though....if for no other reason than there weren't *that* many people around me back in the day when Shokai (the mortal) would have long (one sided) conversations with the Golden Dragon and the Dragonknights :P

All in all, very well played and I look forward to the next.
42691, RE: What a ride...goodbyes etc.
Posted by Bliggy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ha! Crazy good ride there. I interacted with you on more than one of my chars, and you were always pretty solid. I think it was pretty obvious I was rather new.

You were definitely a good Marshal - wish we had more chances to play together, but the PK range has been pretty sparse lately (its perking up a little, but...)

Ah well. Good luck with the baby, hope to see you in the fields again soon.
42695, Bah, another I forgot...
Damn, sorry I forgot you too! It was always fun to have another dwarf around, the elf-bashing and stuff was amusing (not Scion amusing, just regular amusing). You really didn't come off as "new" to me...you played a pretty solid dwarf warrior.

Keep up the good work!
42728, Great Character
Posted by Loiteous on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Loved interacting with you. Was cool to hear the Maran story again after such a long time.
I'm not gone gone, just traveling for a bit. Hopefully I won't auto.
42731, Man I got tired of telling that story...
To begin with you seemed like "just another dagger spec" but your roleplay and stuff seemed to be livening up, then you went AWOL. Hope you can bring the RP back when you come back!
42762, RE: What a ride...goodbyes etc.
Posted by Lothari on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the kind words. I'm nowhere as good as Faltarn though, not in any case. Faltarn can back me up here! Congratulations on having a child, and give your baby lots of love, she deserves it. :)
42811, Rest with peace :)
Posted by Faltarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Faltarn - Definitely way more deathful than Meagara, you maybe
>should have been Marshall instead of me. Maybe you didn't want
>it, since its more administration and less kicking ass.

Nay you were much more better Marshall than I will ever be. It's sad that we didn't cross more often than we did. It was pleasure to RP with you.

Good luck with your next.
42864, Hah
Posted by Rickon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That is pretty much hits the nail on the head for what I was going for even the mustache. Just wish I had more time to do it properly and better. Even though it is kind of tough at times it is also kind of fun to try and play a certain character and stick to it no matter what. But I really enjoyed your Character as well, you always seemed to be around when I logged in. One unfortunate problem with not being able to devote much time is I keep losing Characters I like to interact with. Even if they they come jumping out of portholes to aid me when I am undertaking one my duels of honor. :) Hopefully we will meet again.
42872, *laugh*
I think I know which one duel you're talking about...you and I were grouped and I saw your hp dropping semi-gradually, so I decided to cry to you, and sure enough you were fighting someone on eastern road. They fled from you after that, and I remember thinking "I bet Rickon is pissed...either that was a duel, or I just lost him a chance at a kill."

But, true to the paladin that you are playing, you didn't gripe at all at me, or even show a little bit of vanity and say "I was doing fine, Marshall" or any of that.

Keep up the good work!
42878, Thanks for everything.
Posted by Kerbaugh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for all your help in everything, I am still pretty new to the game and you always seemed to have a bit of game knowledge to pass on or an extra nice item to pass on. Oh, 49 and counting by the way, I'll get'er done yet.

Jess
42881, Hang in there...
Posted by oldguy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I always liked seeing Kerbaugh log in, because I knew he wasn't in a desperate hurry to hero, yet he wasn't levelsitting...he was just enjoying being Kerbaugh.

I have to ask, what were you thinking when I gave you the blademaster's gloves when you were level 40? Part of my was screaming "WTF ARE YOU DOING IDIOT?!?" but most of me was saying "If you have those, you'll fear losing them too much, and really for someone who only gets 2 attacks per round, you should give them to someone who gets more use out of them. Besides, it's what Meagara would do."

I don't know how long you managed to keep them, but when you tried to refuse them I gained some respect for ya.
42889, Well this one hurts.
Posted by Arminas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a ball running around with you and sticking it to the bad guys even if we came up on the short end of the stick at times. I was amazed with your roleplay and the duality of your character. Wish Arminas had taken more time to talk to you about it, but it always seemed we were dead in the middle of some conflict whenever we met up. Going to miss having you around as much as many of the outlanders that have recently departed. Always sort of considered you an honarary one in spirit. Well done. You'll be missed.

Arminas
42945, RE: What a ride...goodbyes etc.
Posted by Dulmisa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We didn't get to fight our times meshed poorly, you seemed to logon when I had to go to bed. That time when you were sub40 and retrieving is one of my most embarrasing cf moments the last few years, anyway good luck and all that shizzle.
42963, I have that logged...
But I've been saving it for when all parties involved are dead. Hehe.
42663, Well played
Posted by Harkan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Would have liked to interact more with you. You didnt seem open to much in the way of conversation. A true Maran, through and through.

Overall, hell of a job. The fortress is going to miss you.
42665, Thanks,
And I'm certain you are doing a great job. Since you had smooth-talked several goodies, Meagara wasn't going to give you any sort of opening - unfortunately that probably looked like "I don't want to roleplay with you" to you. Sorry 'bout that.
42662, You are obviously a skilled rper, but TXT
Posted by AnonDude on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your RP with this character at least was strictly RPing at people.

Was this intentional?
42661, WTF? I didn't even notice this...
Posted by Kruuank on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Geez, man, you were awesome. That time Ahtathurn and I got you was a bright moment in my characters life, and you always seemed rather three-dimensional in the talks afterwards. I didn't even see you on who pk all day today, and I guess I just missed this.

Fort is going to have it tough soon, I just hope I am still alive to bear witness to it.